TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest wwF1587

The One And Only WWE Royal Rumble 2003 Thread

Guest wwF1587

Sunday is upon us. Here is the final card for tonights ppv.

- Royal Rumble: 15 RAW Superstars & 15 Smackdown! Superstars

RAW Superstars for the Rumble:

"HBK" Shawn Michaels, "Y2J" Chris Jericho, Jeff Hardy, 3 Minute Warning members Jamal & Rosey, Tommy Dreamer, Batista, Christian, Kane, Christopher Nowinski, Maven, Booker T, Goldust, Test, and Rob Van Dam.

Smackdown! Superstars for the Rumble:

Los Guerreros Chavo & Eddie, Rey Mysterio Jr., Rikishi, Tajiri, Matt Hardy version 1, Edge, Team Angle members Charlie Hass & Shelton Benjamin, John Cena, Bill DeMott, A-Train, B2, either Brock Lesnar or Big Show, and a unknown mystery participant.

The Undertaker will return tonight in some fashion.

- WWE Championship: Chris Beniot vs. Kurt Angle

- World Heavyweight Championship: Scott Steiner vs. Triple H

- Stepdaughter vs Stepmother: Torrie Wilson vs. Dawn Marie

- Winner Enters The Rumble - Brock Lesnar vs. Big Show

- World Tag Team Championship: Dudley Boyz vs. William Regal & Lance Storm

Guest Dmann2000

I know Hooters shows the PPV, but does anyone know if Buffalo Wild Wings shows it as well?

Guest saturnmark4life

Seriously, COULD the mystery guy be austin? He wants to return to smackdown.

Guest Showstoppa Icon

i doubt it , im sure vince will announce austin's return to pop a rating

Guest saturnmark4life

I've mentioned this in the 'diesel push' thread, I don't like people debuting in rumbles because they stand to get their heat killed straight away unless they win, and Nathan Jones winning would be quite the bad idea.

Guest ChaosTheory

agreed-but this is WWE and they don't always think bad ideas are bad ideas. I hope it's Rhyno-it could also be Kanyon (he has been working OVW) lately or even Nova (worked some Smackdown house shows).

Guest saturnmark4life

I'm hoping for rhyno, he was a hell of a lot more over than kanyon, which in this context is more important. And nova would just be terrible.

Guest BoboBrazil

Will HHH get injured again tonight? It has happened at like the last 3 or 4 ppvs. This looks to be the suckiest Rumble match in a long time. Usually I love the Rumble match, but tonight's is going to be lame. Don't be surprised to see Jericho, HBK, and Lesnar as the final 3. Jericho will eliminate HBK and then start celebrating only to be tossed over by Lesnar for him to get the win. It would make sense for Nathan Jones to debut here and knock out around 5 guys really quick before getting knocked out himself if they are planning to give him a major push.

Guest Downhome

I have the webcast ordered, and I can't wait. I've nevermissed a Royal Rumble, and wasn't about to start this year!

Guest Downhome

I don't understand why more people don't grasp that concept about the length of the match itself by the way. Just because it is one minute, instead of two, btween entrants, it doesn't mean that it will be thirty minutes long, I pretty much guarentee you that wont be the case.

What if they are doing this to keep the action fast and furious, and in your face, in order to get a bunch of guys in the ring at the same time, just like the old days?

I am going to go out on a line and say the Rumble will be around 50-55 minutes long.

Guest Dmann2000

Too many guys in the ring isn't necessarily good, which is why most battle royals aren't that great

Guest jester

I don't think Nathan Jones will be the mystery entrant. If he wins, they have to push him right to the main event title scene right away. If he loses, he's shown as vulnerable right of the gate, even if he does get a Diesel streak and it take five guys to push him over the top.

I think it will be Undertaker as the participant. I wonder if he wins it too. I could see that happening, because I don't think WWE has learned a thing.

Guest BoboBrazil

I think they lowered it to 1 minute intervals also so HBK can stay until near the end this time, since he is being first. I don't think he would be able to last the full 1hr+ now.

Guest Ram
I think they lowered it to 1 minute intervals also so HBK can stay until near the end this time, since he is being first. I don't think he would be able to last the full 1hr+ now.

I think he'd still be able to last a full hour in the Rumble.

As long as there are enough people occupying the ring, all you have to do is *punch, kick, try to knock over, sell a kick, slap, etc.*.

Guest Downhome

I think he'd still be able to last a full hour in the Rumble.

As long as there are enough people occupying the ring, all you have to do is *punch, kick, try to knock over, sell a kick, slap, etc.*.

Exactly, it isn't like a Royal Rumble is an Iron Man match, not at all. There will be a lot of time that someone isn't doing anything at all, other than lying there selling a move or soemthing in the corner.

Guest Coffey
I know Hooters shows the PPV, but does anyone know if Buffalo Wild Wings shows it as well?

I always watch the non big 4 PPV's at BW3's, so locally they have it. That doesn't mean that they show it where you're at.

I live in Terre Haute, Indiana.

Guest Human Fly

What worries me the most is the fact that because the Rumble is short they've given about 20 minutes each (average) to the following matches:

- WWE Championship: Chris Beniot vs. Kurt Angle

- World Heavyweight Championship: Scott Steiner vs. Triple H

- Stepdaughter vs Stepmother: Torrie Wilson vs. Dawn Marie

- Winner Enters The Rumble - Brock Lesnar vs. Big Show

- World Tag Team Championship: Dudley Boyz vs. William Regal & Lance Storm

There is only one match out of that bunch that I would want to see go 20 minutes. Hey, there is only one match out of that bunch I would want to see go 10 minutes. Torrie v. Dawn could be scratched and Big Show v. Lesnar could've been on SD.

Guest Ram

- WWE Championship: Chris Beniot vs. Kurt Angle - 25 minutes?

- World Heavyweight Championship: Scott Steiner vs. Triple H - 10 minutes

- Stepdaughter vs Stepmother: Torrie Wilson vs. Dawn Marie - 5 minutes

- Winner Enters The Rumble - Brock Lesnar vs. Big Show - 8 minutes

- World Tag Team Championship: Dudley Boyz vs. William Regal & Lance Storm - 10 minutes

1 hour there.

Isn't the Rumble 3 hours? WTF?

Guest Army Eye

How's that one hour? That's more like two hours when you include entrances and all the videos/interviews/etc in between matches.

Guest Human Fly
Isn't the Rumble 3 hours? WTF?

I always figure that PPVs run 2 hours and 45 minutes. I figured that the Rumble would take 60 mins (which I doubt, I'm guessing 45) leaving 21 mins for each of the non rumble matches. Some serious suck will be going down tonight.

Brock wins if not, I'd bet on Booker (got to be optmistic)

I don't think Brock wins the Rumble tonight. He's going to have to go over once just to get in the match, and then he'd have to go over again later, plus everyone knows he's going over for the title at 'Mania. Also, they already have a storyline in place for him to get a title shot against Angle at 'Mania regardless of if he wins the Rumble or not.

Booker would be awesome. I don't see it though unless Jericho and HBK eliminate each other at the end leaving him in the ring alone.

Guest Downhome

Here are my official predictions...

Raw World title: Triple-H © vs. Scott Steiner

$50 on HHH

Smackdown World title: Kurt Angle © vs. Chris Benoit

$100 on Kurt Angle

Rumble Showdown: Brock Lesnar vs. The Big Show

$50 on TBS

Raw Tag Team title: Lance Storm & William Regal © vs. The Dudley Boyz

$100 on Storm/Regal

Stepmother vs. Stepdaughter: Dawn Marie vs. Torrie Wilson

$50 on Torrie Wilson

Royal Rumble:

$50 on Chris Jericho

$100 on Chris Jericho, HBK, TBS, Nathan Jones

...I decided to go out on a limb with just about everything, lol.

Ladies and Gentlemen, HEAT IS ON!

Guest Downhome

Ugh, more shit eveyone, YAY!

I ask again, why in the hell did WWE have it in their mind that they WOULD have a Stepmom vs. Stepdaughter fight, just why? No one cares, we all know it's a lie, it's shit. Why did they want to have this match, billed as that, when it means NOTHING?

Look for the casket to be at ring side people.

I'm suprised they haven't billed this as "The Evil Stepmother".

Guest CanadianChick
...I decided to go out on a limb with just about everything, lol.

Heh, same here. That's why I put a $100 on RVD for the Rumble...

Guest CanadianChick

"what an actress (Torrie) turned out to be"-Dawn

I beg to differ...

Guest Downhome

So, uh, are they not going to do anything on Heat to try to get just a few more buys?