TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest cynicalprofit

*Spoiler* I cant believe he showed up

Guest cynicalprofit

Im guessing they gave Raven a full release then didnt care if he worked for anyone else. Their stupidity is NWA's gain I guess. Still is this common, I mean isnt it standard 90 days no compete clause?

Maybe he used up his 90 days sitting around backstage not playing political games...

For real...Raven is gonna be a star for TNA like he was for ECW...great move by bringing him in. And NO CREDIBLE. Keep it that way...

Guest Joejigatame

Vince released them immediately because he knows they won't draw against him. It's not as if he released a young guy with huge potential.

Guest Passenger
Vince released them immediately because he knows they won't draw against him. It's not as if he released a young guy with huge potential.

spoilsport

Anyway, good for Raven...finally he'll get a chance to prove he's still got it. Pity I won't see it though, being in England n'all.

Guest Mad Dog

It was still silly on McMahon's part.

While he won't draw huge numbers for TNA, he's still a familar face for fans when they finally get a TV deal.

Plus him becoming an impact player right off the bat just made TNA a much more attractive place for those who might be released by the WWF in the future.

Guest nikowwf

Raven is a great pick-up. He is versatile enough to really help them, hes a recognizable name to most fans, and he's also got a good booking mind and a lot of interesting ideas. I hope they give Raven the ball and let him run with it.

niko

Guest The Son of Sting

I hope he brings back his ECW look and doesnt continue with the black pants. I think he made a mistake cutting his hair.

Guest Passenger

Why did everyone just stand around and let him evenflow Jarrett??? Then they just watched him take his belt. They only decided to go after him as he was leaving the ring.

Guest Black Tiger

How WWE could let Raven go is beyond me. Say what you will about his mediocre ring skills, but on the microphone Raven is killer. I don't know about nowadays but when I used to watch wrestling based out of Memphis, the out of the ring brawls were nuts and came off as great. If Raven and Jarett do a streetfight or something, look out its gonna kick ass.

I do hope Raven does go back to his ECW style look though, the blonde hair and skirt, or short hair and REAL wrestling tights don't suit him too well.

Guest The Notorious CRD

I don't know why WWE couldn't find something for Raven to do either. I'm just glad TNA snatched him up and made something out of his signing right away. Color me happy. :)

Guest RedJed
Why did everyone just stand around and let him evenflow Jarrett??? Then they just watched him take his belt. They only decided to go after him as he was leaving the ring.

Well its not like any of the guys knew at the time that Raven was on Russo's side so why would they all care, much less immediately attack Raven? They went after him right after they saw him take the belt.

Hell, for all I know they didn't let hardly anyone in on the fact that he was even going to do a run-in, so it legitimately caught them off guard. Stranger things have happened.

Guest dreamer420
I don't know why WWE couldn't find something for Raven to do either. I'm just glad TNA snatched him up and made something out of his signing right away. Color me happy. :)

Because 90% of the talent in the WWE is head and shoulders above Raven. I'm glad he's in TNA but everyone shouldn't be blowing their loads over the guy because he hasn't done anything worth while since his Hardcore match at Backlash 2001 against Rhyno.

Guest Tony149
Because 90% of the talent in the WWE is head and shoulders above Raven. I'm glad he's in TNA but everyone shouldn't be blowing their loads over the guy because he hasn't done anything worth while since his Hardcore match at Backlash 2001 against Rhyno.

That's because he wasn't given anything to work it. TNA, and especially Russo (going back to his time in WCW), wanted Raven for a long time.

Guest Passenger
Why did everyone just stand around and let him evenflow Jarrett???  Then they just watched him take his belt.  They only decided to go after him as he was leaving the ring.

Well its not like any of the guys knew at the time that Raven was on Russo's side so why would they all care, much less immediately attack Raven? They went after him right after they saw him take the belt.

Hell, for all I know they didn't let hardly anyone in on the fact that he was even going to do a run-in, so it legitimately caught them off guard. Stranger things have happened.

Yeah they mightn't have known he was on Russo's side but still it looked a bit daft seeing as they were all stood around watching, and i'm not saying attack him when he runs in but when he starts pounding away one of your 'team' you'd think someone would step in. But instead they all make a nice little circle round him to give space to Evenflow Jarrett.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

They fit perfectly.

And in the end this isn't a where is Raven better suited...WWE or NWA...

it's where would you rather watch him...3 minute matches on Heat...or major storyline in TNA.

Guest dreamer420
They fit perfectly.

And in the end this isn't a where is Raven better suited...WWE or NWA...

it's where would you rather watch him...3 minute matches on Heat...or major storyline in TNA.

3 minute matches on Heat. His four moves are starting to bore me.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Tough to say.

TNA has a strange combination of guys who have never been to the big time for long enough to get compacent (LowKi, Styles, Daniels, AMW) and bust their ass every week.

And some guys like Brian Lawler and Curt Hennig who made their money already and now just mail it in.

Guest DeputyHawk

i don't think it really washes saying raven hasn't had anything to work with on heat. guys like christian, hurricane, matt hardy & chavo guerrero have all suffered spells on the weekend shows due to not having anything to work with and they have always managed to put good matches on to get themselves back onto the main shows. raven never did that, his work remained below par throughout.

he basically did very little since he came to the wwf, and before that he had completely dogged it in ecw waiting for his contract release. i hope tna can vaguely motivate him, otherwise this run is going to be nothing but more of the same. i guess he could be a mouthpiece for s.e.x, but they've already got russo & sanders, so i don't see where he fits.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

He fits as a legitimite NWA title contender who on his worst day is still better than Hennig or BG James is.

Could his debut possibly look any stupider...nothing to do with Raven as i like the guy, but how dumb did it look that he evenflowed Jarrett in front of the whole TNA tradition roster...they were just standing there like stupid morons even after he was just staring at Jarrett on the ground. Terrible

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I put in the one and only thread why it had to be that way. We can sit and bitch about the rest of the group not taking Raven out...or we can understand why the moment was what it was, and why it worked.

Guest DeputyHawk

i think anything that can create a bit of a buzz for tna is good news right now. i'm just saying it's highly unlikely he'll bring any decent matches to the table with him. but you're right bps, he's an improvement over james or hennig in any kind of prominent role, so i'll see what they do with him. unfortunately it'll be about a month or so before i even get the tape of his debut, so i can't comment on the nature of his first appearance for the company. i genuinely hope it works out well.

Guest Vyce
I don't know why WWE couldn't find something for Raven to do either.  I'm just glad TNA snatched him up and made something out of his signing right away.  Color me happy. :)

It's a stupid move on the WWE's part.

You're looking at ONE thing - workrate.

[And by the way, I would disagree with your numbers. ]

It's hard to gauge Raven's workrate at this point, frankly, because all I've seen him do in the past year or so is job in 3 minute matches to Tommy Dreamer, or to Helms, or to Spike Dudley, or to slop-workers like Jeff Hardy. I would argue that, even if Raven has slipped in workrate, he's still GOOD ENOUGH. No one's expecting him to be Benoit.

But having him wrestle is almost beside the point. He's MULTI-talented. He's good enough on the mike to announce if he wants to. He's acted as a manager before - he could do that again. He'd be VERY useful to the company as a booker. He's all of those things, and he's STILL got a good core of fans from his ECW days. From a purely business standpoint - the guy's a steal, because they can use him in numerous different areas.

It IS the WWE's loss.

Guest Respect The 'Taker
I don't know why WWE couldn't find something for Raven to do either.  I'm just glad TNA snatched him up and made something out of his signing right away.  Color me happy. :)

He did his very best to carry your little hero Jeff Hardy to a semi-decent match, something only people like Angle, Van Dam, Benoit & Guerrero could do these days.

Raven is under-rated in every aspect of wrestling, from charisma to ring skills, Raven is A LOT better than people give him credit for.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I think we can all agree that, wrestling aside, there is a certain element that Raven brings with him that fits in TNA perfectly.

He does have a semi-cult following of people who really want to see Raven do something (anything for that matter).

He can be the Raven character from ECW in a company of the same scale with alot of fans that will want to see it.

Say that about Curt Hennig or BG James or Brian Christopher or Malice or whoever else outside of JJ and the Truth that TNA has put in the World Title picture.

Guest Human Fly

A lot of people have said how Raven's interviews have slipped and it's just rambling anymore. Well, I wonder how much of that was the WWFs doing. He didn't even do his pose anymore, which he did on the first night in TNA. After every one of Raven's interviews someone would have a weird look on his face or someone would say something like "What was that?" If it was up to him, I'm sure Raven would've played himself in a different way.

I'm looking forward to this. I feel Raven still has stuff to offer.

Guest evenflowDDT

I think what surprises me the most about this was how quickly it was all orchestrated. In a matter of days after leaving... I hate to joke, but that may have been his "masterpiece" after all (there was even a "McMahon Fears Raven" sign behind him; so either a highly devoted Raven fan kept up and got hopeful, or he was a plant and just another "element"). I was sure TNA wouldn't want him, and I'm still in shock. It's too bad that I can't order PPV's in college, but if Raven gets an NWA:TNA shirt somewhere down the line I'm so there.

EDIT: And the fact that the Evenflow has returned makes me immensely happy. "The Raven Effect" was such a lame name. Words cannot describe.