TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest 5_moves_of_doom

SWF From the Fire Comments.

Guest realitycheck

I'd like to say you have no recourse about saying you suck, when we tell you you don't, anymore, Trey. But that's just being ridiculous. I expect an IM tomorrow with you bitching about your first defense. ;)

Seriously, congratulations to our neeeeewwww world champeen. Back when the lot of us got bumped, who'd have thought you would've gotten the gold, first? Way to go, you magnificent bastard.

Rest of the show looks rock solid from top to bottom. Although, for a show where Mak apparently beats Danny (...!) and Neilsen apparently beats Frost (!?) might be an understatement.

I'll have to actually read the show before I add more comments, but I will float another congratulations over to Janus, who wrote a very good WF debut match in what was, IMO and no offense, King, a somewhat constrictive stip. Nice work.

-Z

Guest Kibagami

I was in chat before the show went up and I swore to Jesus on a pogo stick that if TNT won, I would stop dicking around and seriously write again.

That said, I have a match to write, because TNT is the shit.

Congratulations, kid.

K.

Guest Coffin Surfer
Rest of the show looks rock solid from top to bottom. Although, for a show where Mak apparently beats Danny (...!) and Neilsen apparently beats Frost (!?) might be an understatement.

No that was my match. The grammar errors and CRACKS should have clued you in.

Guest realitycheck

I'm particularly slow witted tonight. Sorry about that, Danny.

-Z

Guest 5_moves_of_doom
Rest of the show looks rock solid from top to bottom. Although, for a show where Mak  apparently beats Danny (...!) and Neilsen apparently beats Frost (!?) might be an understatement.

No that was my match. The grammar errors and CRACKS should have clued you in.

Well, Mak isn't Mr. Grammar himself, eh Danno? :)

Guest Suicide King

And it was their stip, Z, not mine. ;)

fantastic show. I am so proud of all of you. Particularly fine effort on all sides, and no no-shows!!!

Danny, I know you're your own worst critic, but fantastic match. You will be moving on to bigger and better things, and Mak looked fucking great in your match!!!

Guest 5_moves_of_doom
Particularly fine effort on all sides, and no no-shows!!!

Yeah, we better get Rock-Em-Sock-Em-Robots Part II between King and Thugg after all of that!

Guest Tyler McClelland

As I've already said on AIM, wonderful job, TNT. Since you basically carried WarGames, I knew you'd be something special one of these days.

Congrats.

Guest 5_moves_of_doom

Danno speaking reminds me: Oi, could you PLEASE find just a little time to read my match and do one of your reviews on it for the website? I'd REALLY *REALLY* appreciate it if you did, Mr. Former Mentor.

On that note, I'm taking it upon myself to read the entire show by the end of the week, and do one of those "comments" things that Frost/Edwin are known for. 'Ell, somewhere down the line I should buy a mic and start doing Monthly PPV rants, just for the hell of it.

Aaaaaand one last thing... um, I've sort of been slacking off on my FROM THE VAULT contributions lately... those will be restarted next show.

Cool? Cool.

I'm still the World Champ, and you can all watch me explode, even though this "Opening PROMO" guy is going to KILL me for my title, no doubt.

EDIT: 1111th post! One-O-Mania~!

Guest Suicide King

My bad Danny. It's in.

i am exhausted, but happy. Card goes up tomorrow around 6:30 pm eastern.

Guest 5_moves_of_doom

Ahhh... basking in what is sure to be some short-lived glory still, but Imma headed off to sleep.

Anyhow, the show looks SWANK overall... aand... well... as for the HoF results... I have one thing to say about that.

I have now realized what I said was inappropriate. I apologize. This apology was brought to you by the Suicide King

Guest 5_moves_of_doom
*pawns the award for a 12-pack of Dr. Pepper*

Mmm...

C0KE WILL EAT U 4 BREAKFAST!!!!11!!!11!!!!!!

Mike, eat tasty neck-splintering goodness, for I defeated thee!

...and Dr. Pepper is teh suck ;)

*briefly considers doing a full-on analysis of the show - then decides he doesn't want to destroy his hands and brain*

Guest El Luchadore Magnifico

Wow...I must say that this was an absolutely incredible Pay-Per-View, with nothing but terrific efforts from all those involved. I still need to read it into greater detail, but congratulations and terrific job to all the winners.

Especially TNT. Even though I had to put up with his pre-show bitching, I'm still glad it was him who finally beat me. Well done, Taylor. Now prepare yourself for a rematch.

:D

Guest Evolution

*explodes*

Holy feathers, TNT won.

I'll give the show a closer look later today, just wanted to extend my congratulations to TNT on a match well done.

Guest TheBostonStrangler

GREAT PPV, everyone. Like King said, this PPV is about as good as I've ever seen. In terms of my match, this was the first time I've ever had a match end in a TIE in my scoring system. Neilsen and Frost tied 80-80. That's how close it was. Frost wrote himself one good match, and Neilsen looked pretty damn good for someone who hadn't written in a year. Other than that, the JL bumpees match kicked it hard, the tag team match was a total markout, the Ironman match was about as solid as could possibly be, Johnny Dangerous getting thrown off the cage will go up there with Ash eating the urinal cake, and that promo with Kris Kross made me laugh more than anything I've read in this fed in some time. This fed needs a little more humor. Congrats to all.

Oh yeah. That TNT jobber had a nice fluke win. Enjoy it while it lasts. ;) But seriously, you outdid yourself again, and proved just how good you really are. Don't let anyone, especially you, underestimate exactly how much ass you kick, because you just beat a guy who had that title for a LONG LONG LONG time. You took advantage of every opportunity given to you. Congrats, TNT. And ELM, I get the feeling that you'll get that title back at some point. For now, just celebrate with the SWF Record Book, since you seem to own damn near everything in there.

Guest El Luchadore Magnifico
And ELM, I get the feeling that you'll get that title back at some point. For now, just celebrate with the SWF Record Book, since you seem to own damn near everything in there.

The consolation is duly noted and greatly appreciated. ^_^

Guest 5_moves_of_doom

Interesting note...

Edwin just pointed out to me that I'm the first ever pure SWF Champion, having not been here back in the IGNWF. ...Rawk!

Ahhh, and yes, ELM, stay the hell away from me.

Just kidding... sorta. ;)

Guest Insanityman

TNT you little fuddrucker, congrats man. You can never ever say you suck again. The whole show was fucking solid and I enjoyed the Mak/Danny match a lot. I read the tag match ahead of time and it was always beyond great quality from those guys. I read the cage match which was excellent and the Kriss Kross had me cracking up. The little posts before the matches also added a lot. Bravo to everyone for showing and all.

Guest WrestlingDeacon

It appears I have woken up in the Twilight Zone. I will definetely sit down with a hot cup of coffee and read the whole show in detail over the next few days.

I am honored to have been involved in TBS's first tie and what appears to be a high scoring one. So what was the tie breaker? And am I still the ICTV champ or what? If so, I've already got an angle worked out. I'm Larry Walker, throw me any crazy curve you want and I'll still get contact.

Of course, mega congrats goes out to TNT. This is like Jimmy V and his boys winning the NCAA tourney back in the early eighties. You never expected it in a million years, but it's such a great story and one that you can't help to smile about. As probably being the person who has worked closest with TNT more than anyone, it is especially meaningful to me to see him shoot right to the top on his pure talent. Your work ethic still has something to be desired. :D

Guest Suicide King

Magnifico = one class act.

And to everyone who posted in support of Chris Raynor to get into the HoF... I agree. I hope he gets in one day. He's a good friend of mine and I owe much of my success to him.

To everyone who did it such a manner as to cast aspersions on Sacred's claim (and you chatroomers know who I am talking about), if anyone else dares to cast a shadow on what was supposed to be a very special day for Sacred, I will personally rip your fucking heads off. Show some goddamned couth and celebrate Muzz for his many accomplishments! As a wrestler I am not worthy to hold his jockstrap, and most of you aren't either! It's one thing to like Raynor which we all do... it's another to say that Sacred didn't deserve this. I disagree, and so did everyone else.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

You know, I didn't think I was worthy to hold Muzz's jockstrap either, but then he said to me one day, "Hey Edwin, will you hold my jockstrap?" So I did, and then he kicked me in the crotch and ran away laughing. Little bastard!

For the past: mad congrats to Sacred, HVT, King, Mark, and, hey there, me, for getting into the hall of fame. Thanks to anyone who voted for me. It's an absolute honor.

For the present: This is easily the best PPV we've had since Genesis III. It has an amazing presentation. The little previews before each match are astoundingly clever, the angles are strong and never ridiculous, the wrestling is amazing (hopefully more to say about that later), and at the end of the day every character that competed on this PPV looks better for it. Congrats to all the winners, but more importantly, congrats to all the writers. Everyone had to step up for this show, and it looks like everyone did.

For the future: limitless possibility. To go from a regular show with half no-shows and few promos to a masterpiece like this shows just how much you guys can do. Catch a breath, and then keep pushing forward; the momentum from this show is too superb to waste.

Final thought: Gotta be one of the top 5 PPV's I've borne witness to.

Guest Coffin Surfer
Danno speaking reminds me: Oi, could you PLEASE find just a little time to read my match and do one of your reviews on it for the website? I'd REALLY *REALLY* appreciate it if you did, Mr. Former Mentor.

On that note, I'm taking it upon myself to read the entire show by the end of the week, and do one of those "comments" things that Frost/Edwin are known for. 'Ell, somewhere down the line I should buy a mic and start doing Monthly PPV rants, just for the hell of it.

EDIT: 1111th post! One-O-Mania~!

Read the match. Will write out a review for it tonight, and send it to the Thugg.

On a side note there was a few spots that creeped me out, the test of strength knuckle lock tease getting broken up by a kick, a DDT reversed to a northern lights suplex on the concrete, and the ear bleeding. It's a good thing my match was earlier in the card.

And I'm looking forward to see some detailed comments on the Iron Man match from anybody who has the time to read it.

Guest CED Ordonez
You know, I didn't think I was worthy to hold Muzz's jockstrap either, but then he said to me one day, "Hey Edwin, will you hold my jockstrap?" So I did, and then he kicked me in the crotch and ran away laughing. Little bastard!

SIG QUOTE WORTHY~!

Guest Grand Slam

I had the distinct pleasure of marking the Mak v. Danny Iron Man match.

Mak: Your match was great. Good flow, some nice spots, good commentary. I felt like the ending might have been a little rushed, but overall a **** match. Any other night, an easy winner.

Danny: Your match is one of the best I have ever read. Your commentary was light-years better than it has been in the past and kept me interested in what was happening even during the slower times. And you put Mak over as the second coming of Foley for the sheer abuse he takes and keeps coming back. Very good, and good luck in the upper card Danny.

As faras the rest of the show... way to go boys. This was the show we all wanted to see and were afraid we wouldn't. New champs all over the place, great matches and promos left and right... in my opinion, this easily ranks with the best PPVs ever.

My hope? That come awards time next year, this PPV will not be forgotten. But, i hope there are plenty more nominees.

Once more... Damn fine work boys. You all get a cookie.

:)