TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Zetterberg is God

Fabolous To Appear WrestleMania XIX

Guest subliminal_animal

I hope it's a shoot, and I want Cena to be a bitch and write out most of his lines beforehand and make Froggolicious look a chump pump for real. Holla back, young'n. Word life.

Guest Youth N Asia

Christ...when I read that my brain put "Moolah" after Fabolus...thank God I saw it straight after that.

I have a bad feeling our dog Cena is gonna lose.

I really dislike rap, but I have a friend Matt who uses the name "Wordplay" and he wins a bunch of local "battles." (I guess they're called)

Guest BoboBrazil

I don't trust that link. He gives no source. This is the same guy who said Anna Nicole Smith was going to come to WWE last year.

Guest Bruiser Chong

Fabolous is pretty big on the mainstream right now with hits like This is My Party and Can't Deny It (which was a while back). He did recently get busted on weapons charges, but that's just about every rapper these days, so it's really no big deal. Fabolous is alright I guess (although I'm no hip-hop aficionado), but I guess it wouldn't make sense to bring in a guy who would straight-up destroy Cena. I'm wondering if this'll be legit or a work. The whole thing is pretty stupid, if you ask me, as it seems to be a lose-lose situation. If Fabolous wins, then it's gonna hurt Cena's credibility as a "rapper," while if Cena wins, Fabulous will get the stigma of being "that rapper who got beat by a wrestler." At least this musical guest will be serving (somewhat of) a purpose, and not just there to take a lot of valuable time that could be going for a match.

Guest BoboBrazil

John Cena is going to get destroyed in a freestyle battle. This will have to be a work. Otherwise it is going to end up like Butterbean/Bart Gunn.

Guest Banky
John Cena is going to get destroyed in a freestyle battle. This will have to be a work. Otherwise it is going to end up like Butterbean/Bart Gunn.

Cena has decent flow. I think it may be surprising for some of you people.

Guest Choken One

Damn. I really thought WWE was going to get Snoop Dogg since they had done stuff together recently.

Snoop would have been perfect, He has the "Big-Name" appeal and he isn't just a Rap Superstar. Everyone knows Snoop Dogg in some form. Dogg, also would've have been willing to "Job" to Cena because Dogg will never lose popularity. He has enough cred as a freestylist that Cena's beatdown to attract non-Wrestling related attention.

As for Fabolous? Please, I'll pass...

Jesus,

WM17-Motorhead

WM18-Drowning Pool and Saliva

WM19-Limp Bizkit and Fabolous

Wow...They went from ROCK GODS TO solid Pop Rock acts to Utter Crap.

What's for WMXX? ICP?

Guest Your Olympic Hero
What's for WMXX? ICP?

fuck yea bring back the oddities!

Jesus,

WM17-Motorhead

WM18-Drowning Pool and Saliva

WM19-Limp Bizkit and Fabolous

Wow...They went from ROCK GODS TO solid Pop Rock acts to Utter Crap.

What's for WMXX? ICP?

Hell, how about some Hall & Oates, Weird Al, or Journey?

WrestleMania can become the equivalent of the county fair where washed up or never-were's can promote their latest album.

Guest Shanghai Kid

Wrestling fan or not, anybody who thinks Cena has a chance in this battle is out of their mind.

Guest Banky
Wrestling fan or not, anybody who thinks Cena has a chance in this battle is out of their mind.

Are you a Fabolous fan?

I hate to break it to you.

The majority of Mainstream MCs don't have much talent, they are primped up with beats by the Neptunes and such THEN they are considered stars.

Eminem and NAS are two mainstream MCs who could hack Cena up to a million pieces...but Fabolous?

Guest Choken One

Your Right, I will PUT even money that Fabolous bumps into RVD before the freestyle and that ought to give Cena an edge.

Fabolous isn't even a household name, At least alot of people at least HEARD of Limp Bizkit in SOME form...

Guest NoCalMike

I don't even care if Cena can legit rap or not, what in the fucking hell is this doing on WM. Just reason #145 why RVD should be having a match during WM and not Heat. Once again I must reiterate, why is the Raw TAG TITLE match on heat and stupid fucking rap-off on the actual WM card!?!

Guest saturnmark4life

OK, never heard of this fuck but I was dreading Cena getting beat up by Fred Durst so I'll take what I can get. Fuck it, I'm officially on the Cena-wagon now cos he made the most of his stupid mixed tag match at rebellion (which I just saw) with a solid heel performance. Not a bad show for the UK, actually.

Guest Banky
I don't even care if Cena can legit rap or not, what in the fucking hell is this doing on WM. Just reason #145 why RVD should be having a match during WM and not Heat. Once again I must reiterate, why is the Raw TAG TITLE match on heat and stupid fucking rap-off on the actual WM card!?!

Because the RAW Tag Title match was done at the last PPV. It is the WWE's way of getting the Dudleyz onto WM. I bet the winner of that match will have another match against those damn Dudleyz.

Guest Vitamin X

Word LIFE, Cena

fuck his ass up

I mean Fabolous doesn't even have a Ph.D in Thugonomics

Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20
:rolleyes: at the idea of Cena beating Fab in a battle.

Guest AM The Kid

I dont even have a clue who this guy is, far from a household name. Hell, they shoulda tried to get a bigger name, Snoop or even 50 Cent. This better be fixed and Cena better "go over".

Guest geniusMoment

Damn I feel out of it. I have no fucking clue who fabolous is. Why does it spell it wrong, is that supposed to be cool?

Guest My Eyebrow is on fire

If it's a shoot, there's no way Cena can win.

For those that don't know - technical "skills" is rhyming more than one syllable at a time consistently. Cena's best rhyme could be

"I will rock you see,

I will kill you G"

Fab's gone mainstream but still kills MCs underground...

"I ain't tryin to bring police to your rest/

I'm tryin to put this piece to your chest/

and you'll be in peace like the rest"

Guest Crucifixio Jones

The majority of Mainstream MCs don't have much talent, they are primped up with beats by the Neptunes and such THEN they are considered stars. Eminem and NAS are two mainstream MCs who could hack Cena up to a million pieces...but Fabolous?

It never ceases to amaze me just how many rap haters there are on this board who claim to not be able to stand rap but never pass up an opportunity to bash it. But since so many of you, as I can tell simply by reading this thread, are ignorant to the game, it would probably be best if you just kept your mouths shut since it become painfully obvious when you open it that you have no idea what in the hell you're talking about.

To call Fabolous mainstream is kind of funny, especially considering half of the people in this thread haven't even heard of him (but bash him anyway because he's a BLAK RAPPER OMG!) To say that he is a mainstream rapper because of The Neptunes of all people is even more ludicrous. The Neptunes have produced exactly ONE single of note for Fabolous and have ZERO do to with his ascent in rapdom.

Fabolous is a product of the mixtape circuit, DJ Clue specifically and if you think that the songs he puts on the radio today are indicative of his true skill, then you are sadly motherfucking mistaken. Don't let his radio-friendly shit fool you, Fabolous was fuckin' as gangsta and as gully as they come on every beat imaginable before he got signed.

I won't deny that Cena is okay-ish, (when compared to other white guys who attempt to rap) but to say that he's even gonna stand a chance against Fabolous is like betting on Gerry Cooney if he were facing Lennox Lewis. The fact that Banky likes Cena so much and thinks that he's actually "nice" and has a "flow" tells me volumes about how much Banky really knows about rap and how sheltered he is from the "real." You and your boy are a fucking joke and both your gimmicks are wack.