TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest MARTYEWR

EWR 3.0 is now available~!

Guest MARTYEWR

Hey everyone,

Extreme Warfare Revenge Version 3.0 is now available for download! New to this version: Gimmicks (and how they affect your workers), Improved Feuds, Much More Random TV Ratings, and Much Much More! To download the EWR 3.0...

http://www.adamryland.co.uk/ew.html

Also added to the game which will be of some importance to you guys: After much requests from The Dames, TheSmartMarks.com HAS been added to the game as far as sponsors go. Having revisited this board a lot lately, I actually think you guys should've been added a long time ago due to the huge amount of EWR discussion going on here.

Enjoy the game, guys.

Martin Kipp

Extreme Warfare Revenge Creative Team Member

Guest CoreyLazarus416

I'm not sure if this is just because I woke up 3 minutes ago or because of EWR 3.0, but I have a stiffy.

Guest fazzle

I got to the first booking screen, then I realised it was still the same damn game, and after 15 minutes of not doing anything, closed it back out.

Guest CoreyLazarus416

I'm getting an "Error 383" whenever I try to edit workers. There's 4 self-made workers I wanna make...

Guest tpww7

The game freezes on me every time i go to a new day, none of the other versions did, and so far there isnt anything really new that I'm liking. I dont like the gimmick idea at all.

Guest The Electrifyer

Are you sure it freezes or just goes really slow? Go into your Options menu and click "Yes" for Show Loading Screen Progress to see whether its actually frozen.

Guest MaxPower27

I like it, but it requires a TON of work now. It's almost like a real job.

1.4 is still the best so far.

Guest MaxPower27
is this worth the Download, or will I stick with the old version?

Download it, and if you don't like it, delete it. He put a lot of work into it, so it deserves you looking at it at least.

The gimmick thing is at least worth a try. From what I can gather, I think that it can benefit your feuds and the wrestler's overness by having a character that can befit them.

It's worth a look, but I'm sticking with 1.4

Guest ShooterJay

Yeah, I actually think the older version is far superior.

3.0 is so damn hard. How much does it suck to have your feud heat drop like 30 points after one show for no real reason? And there's a lot less angle description, which I enjoyed- probably to fit in more angles.

And he still didn't fix a lot of the flaws: CM Punk, Chris Hero and Colt Cabana still suck, there are 5 versions of Insane Dragon, most of CZW's roster is screwed up, minor stuff like that.

Guest wwF1587

its a tight game but it does take an awfully lot of work... it depends on your tastes

Guest MaxPower27

I'm going to keep it, mostly because my new computer will be arriving in a few days, and this computer will be strictly school and EWR. I'm not going to download it on the new comp though.

It's a good game, but as he's kept going, the game takes longer and longer to load. That's why I LOVE 1.4. There's a ton of stuff on there, but it takes seconds to load. I've been playing 2.0 for about 9 months (in EWR time) and it still takes a good two minutes to completely load. Now that I just started a 3.0 game, it takes almost 10 minutes. That's out of fucking control. It's great to add new things, but I mean, this is getting out of hand.

It's seriously almost becoming like a real booking job trying to maintain some order in the promotion. There's all the minor stuff, like planning things out, and then there's all of the other things that you now have to worry about, like this gimmick thing. Christ, use your imagination! That's what I've been doing since I downloaded 1.0.

Guest Lightning Flik
It's seriously almost becoming like a real booking job trying to maintain some order in the promotion. There's all the minor stuff, like planning things out, and then there's all of the other things that you now have to worry about, like this gimmick thing. Christ, use your imagination! That's what I've been doing since I downloaded 1.0.

Gimmicks? So they've add a little more depth to the character. Does it really help at all? Not that damned much. All you do is just put a decent one on someone that you think would work and let the crowd react to it. That's all it does, not much else to it.

Besides, I plan everything to work out. I throw a filler or two in, but for the most part I fully book a card to work into next week's show. I don't really find it that hard. Half an hour per show is all it takes me to plan. Heck with it, when I get into it, I can usually plan three months ahead of what I'm thinking of doing. Sure it's suicide, but meh. I have fun.

Guest Lightning Flik
I did a wedding between Lita and Matt Hardy that Edge interupted, and this was my Road Agent note:

"Brian Lawler has gained overness from this segment".

Huh?

Sadly one of the new bugs that cropped up, I believe. Don't ask why but it does it.

Guest ShooterJay
I don't think Ryland fixed Kaz Hayashi Syndrome, either. It's still pretty fun.

What's that?

Anyway, ever notice (this was true in 2.0 also) that no matter what you do with certain wrestlers, they won't get over? I've had that problem with Mondo, Jimmy Rave and Johnny Smith.

I don't think Ryland fixed Kaz Hayashi Syndrome, either. It's still pretty fun.

What's that?

Anyway, ever notice (this was true in 2.0 also) that no matter what you do with certain wrestlers, they won't get over? I've had that problem with Mondo, Jimmy Rave and Johnny Smith.

Kaz Hayashi Syndrome - When someone had two of the same stat in brawling/tech/speed that were higher than the third, the simulator would only acknowledge the third one.

The best example is Kaz Hayashi -

37 Brawl

87 Speed

87 Tech

Guess which one was counted? The same thing happened for Jonny Storm, Spanky, and others. As it turns out, Ryland DID fix it. Thank god.

Oh, and I've had problems getting people over. In one diary I did on EWB, I had a manager who had superstar look and diva, not to mention an 80 in charisma, and I never managed to get her past 32 (Even though she was managing American Dragon and Funaki, who were both pretty over).

Guest MaxPower27

I'm still trying to book my first month. Trying to come up with ways to use gimmicks and intertwine them with promos and finishes is hard.

Guest SP-1

I'm about to kick off a new promotion. Here's hoping I don't encounter too much crap.

Guest CoreyLazarus416

Deleted it, then re-downloaded it. Works perfectly now. Too bad to the two self-made workers I put on the Roster won't sign with EPIC (my first game). Guess I'll just have to create another game with a larger promotion (maybe TNA, or even WWE).

Guest SP-1

Just cheat and place them with the company in File Editor. That's what I do.

Guest El Satanico

I've started a WWe game and a TNA game.

I'm only playing TNA for now. There's less shows to book so I'm going to use it to figure out the new features.

So far I haven't really got into the gimmicks. I gave my tag teams gimmicks, but that's it.

Guest Human Fly

It's pretty good, but I find it lacking without a Ravex stats update.

Guest Will Scarlet

I am doing fine with my Wildside promotion so far. Nothing like being able to push guys like Chris Nowinski and The Mack to the main event to make me happy. I just hope that the game will not go screwy once I go National or Global like it always does when I try to play around with a small fed.

Guest treble charged

STUPID QUESTION:

How do you use the data converter?

Thank you.

Guest MARTYEWR
I did a wedding between Lita and Matt Hardy that Edge interupted, and this was my Road Agent note:

"Brian Lawler has gained overness from this segment".

Huh?

Sadly one of the new bugs that cropped up, I believe. Don't ask why but it does it.

I brought this to Adam's attention today, and he told me that the reason why this happened is because you're using 2.0 data in a 3.0 game. In other words, no bug, just use the data converter before playing.