TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dynamite Kido

who should go to NWATNA?

who do you think should go to the NWA TNA that isn't there already?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. who do you think should go to the NWA TNA that isn't there already?

• Sid Vicious
    • Sting
    • Sabu
    • Reckless Youth
    • Masato Tanaka
    • Balls Mahoney
    • Joey Styles
    • Koas(from XPW)
    • Shane Douglas
    • Chris Candido

Guest Dynamite Kido

With the NWA TNA PPV's every Wednesday I was wondering out of the 10 people in the poll who do you think would be the biggest asset to the NWA???

Sid Vicious - Retired. He's of no use.

Sting - Definitely would be beneficial for the company if they can afford him.

Sabu - Broken-down. A few years ago he'd be great for TNA, right now he's nothing special.

Reckless Youth - He could be worth getting...

Masato Tanaka - Tanaka, I think, would be great for NWA-TNA.

Balls Mahoney - Eh.

Joey Styles - Styles is awesome, but I'm perfectly fine with the Tenay/West combo.

Koas(from XPW) - Bah, who cares?

Shane Douglas - Hmm, maybe.

Chris Candido - See Douglas.

On the list, I'd say the best signing is Masato Tanaka.

Guest Sandman9000

Reckless Youth is the best worker on that list, him vs. Lynn could be **** easily given enough time.

Guest Zack Malibu

I voted for Douglas, but here's my take on everyone:

Sid-He's of no use long term, but given his involvment with Borash in the WWA PPV's, I wouldn't doubt one of those surprise "motivational" appearances, or maybe as an enforcer commish (which would make him what, the 5th?)

Sting-Comes at a high price, and being born again, most likely wouldn't agree with certain aspects of the company. Still, it'd be great if they could talk him into it.

Sabu-They had him, and he was fairly over, but he's too broken down, and his style has been copied by everyone, so he's nothing special anymore.

Reckless Youth-Great young talent, never got the chance to shine on a national stage. Should be worth a look.

Masato Tanaka-A great main event talent that would easily be over, and can put on good matches and brawls. Sign Awesome while you're at it, and have them match up again.

Balls Mahoney-I never got into him much, but maybe he and Axl Rotten could come in as heel foils for The New Church or something.

Kaos-IMO, the best of the XPW homegrown talent. Good look, decent working skill. Could easily shift into a midcard heel role in the X Division.

Shane Douglas-He got my vote. I've always liked the guy, so pardon my markdom. If paired up with the right person, can still put on a hell of a show, and he'll always be a great promo. I honestly anticipate him every week, but nothing yet...

Chris Candido-Still a very good talent, maybe bring him in as a heel "veteran" for the X Division to rival Jerry Lynn.

Every one on the roster would have a good use. No doubt though, if Sting were to sign with TNA then it'd boost their appeal a little, people would be interested to see Sting again...and he fits in with the TNA way. He's a TNA type guy.

Tanaka would be great with Awesome in as well, Awesome would be my number one choice. Styles would add something to the product if they got a T.V deal no doubt. Douglas, Sabu, and Candido are decent but a little older now I guess. Sid's retired, Mahoney's a grunge wrestler and dcoesn't fit in with TNA as much. Kaos and Youth would be good additions to the midcard, but for mainstream appeal it has to be Sting.

Guest Coffey

Joey Styles to replace Don West, because West is the worst commentator I've ever heard. Yes, that's saying a lot since I've sat through Vince McMahon, Shane McMahon, Tony Schiavone, Stevie Ray, Lita, Lord Alfred Hayes, Jerry Lawler, Michael Cole and others.

Guest j.o.b. squad

sid - no thanks

sting - woude be good for a 2 or 3 week stint going after the nwa title to elevate the title

sabu - just let him live off his name in the indys

reckless youth - bring him in coude have a number of great matches in the x devision youth vs lynn youth vs mamaluke (after tonys upcoming stint in the aj la dojo)

tanaka - not right now he woude just add to the log jam at the nwa title picture also woude have to fly him in which woude put his price tag out of tna's price range

balls - mabey if they bring in axl rotten as well to feud with raven and sandman(in the reluctant tag partners role)

styles - i doubt it joey has a day job that makes traveling during the week out of the question plus i think he is content to just do ocasional shows for mlw

kaos - if they did he woude get stuck inbetween the xdevision and the heavyweight division just like siaki

douglas - no he is washed up even by tna standards

candido - posibly in a tag team

out of the list reckless youth is the best choice IMO

Joey Styles to replace Don West, because West is the worst commentator I've ever heard. Yes, that's saying a lot since I've sat through Vince McMahon, Shane McMahon, Tony Schiavone, Stevie Ray, Lita, Lord Alfred Hayes, Jerry Lawler, Michael Cole and others.

Uh uh...King of the Ring 1994. Art Donovan. The SINGLE WORST wrestling commentator EVER. No arguement. He didn't have a clue about wrestling, kept asking how much guys weighed for no reason, and it got to the point that Gorilla and Savage had to try and ignore him. Funny stuff when they do, but he just sucked. West isn't THAT bad.

Guest dreamer420

I have to disagree with you there dude. West brings great enthusisim to the announce table for TNA and his and Tenay play off each other really well. They are my favorite announce team right now because Tenay has all the knowledge and experience and West brings the mark-ish excitement that you never see anymore.

Right now, TNa needs improvement building stories throughout the cards. So pretty much, TNa needs wrestlers who are good on the stick as well as in the ring . Thus eliminating alot fo the options(Tanaka,Mahoney). Then theres some who TNA honestly cant afford(Sting,Viscious)plus Sid's retired.

But other than that,anybody else is compatible for chossing .

West REALLY has improved as of late and has even learned to point psychology at times. The guy has really done a lot of researching in order to be somewhat credible, but his Home Shopping Network hyperbole is what causes the fans to think he's just an excuse for the Mute button. He's come a long way, I'll give him that.

Dames

Guest Space_Cowboy

Reckless Youth could be a good addition to the roster, he's the best talent of the choices, and i'd prefer they brought him in instead of some 'star' who will only be around for a week or two.

Guest Coffey
West REALLY has improved as of late and has even learned to point psychology at times. The guy has really done a lot of researching in order to be somewhat credible, but his Home Shopping Network hyperbole is what causes the fans to think he's just an excuse for the Mute button. He's come a long way, I'll give him that.

Dames

He may have improved, but to me, he was so bad that even after all of the improvement, he's still not even up to average yet.

He's an idiot that has no idea what's going on.

Personal opinion.

Guest geniusMoment

I used to love West's Sports show on Shop at Home network. If you think West is excitable now you should have heard him when Ken Golden offered some sports card deals. Now I must settle for Tom O'Dell and his bigguns.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I voted for Tanaka. I could totaly and completely buy him as NWA title contender.

Also...Don West rules.

I'd rather listen to his color commentary than Tazz or Lawler by far. Not only is he actually calling the matches now...but he's doing it correctly. I dig his enthusiasm and I love the interaction between he and Tenay. Two commentators that actually discuss the moves and the meanings behind them? Best commentary I've heard in a long long time.

Guest Mad Dog

I think signing someone like Sting would get the attention of some of those WCW fans that have been not watching the WWE.

Guest EN090

I'd have to go with Douglas. I was really started to like Douglas during August/September of 2000 in WCW. I think he could still help the company as he is a great promo and can still hang in the ring. Don't see how it will happen though as he is the booker for XPW.