TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
janusd

Smarkdown Commentaries

Looks like a good show. I just skimmed the winners, given it's 1:25am or so down here in Australia.

I feel a bit downfallen that I lost to Frost, but he's been around longer than me, and I guess my match had some flaws. And he's a damn good writer, naturally. On that note - Frost - do notify me when you write a promo that involves me, just to give me a heads up. ;)

Other than that...good show. Sleep now. Will post my losing match later.

Guest Beezel

I found this show to be rather impressive, with Frost v. Janus making a great impromptu Main Event in lieu of what was supposed to be there. I apologize for the poor nature of the half of the match I wrote, but with the boards down until an hour before the deadline, I had to write something fast just to get it in. Apparently it was enough to win.

Kris, whoever you are, you wrote a great match and congrats on the singles win. A very silly singles win.

Michael Craven, also congratulations for retaining in a good show against the newcomer MVS.

Frost/Janus smacked of an ESPN instant classic... if ESPN covered fantasy wrestling. I truly enjoyed that match, including the promo before it. Frost did a great job capturing both men's feelings towards each other, or at least I thought so.

the Neilsen/King promo is starting to smack highly of WWF Attitude era stuff, but in a good way. Let's only hope it stays on that trend.

Not much else to contribute, so I'll sit idly by to see who I get next.

Guest Ace309

I'm on campus at a library computer, so I didn't have time to read the whole show. In fact, all I was able to get done at the moment were the promos/vignettes.

Let me just say how impressed I am with the vignettes tonight and with the way the whole Nielsen angle has been progressing through intrashow developments. Christ, this has been absolutely masterful. And the Dratch bit that ended with Kris and Kross? It felt just like RAW... which I'm sure is what you were going for. I think we all need to open up some lines of communication and plan out shit like this more often.

Nielsen, King, Kris, Kross, and Mr. Dratch, I salute you.

Guest WrestlingDeacon

Sorry about that Janus, I meant to send it to both you and Tom and got distracted and didn't think to. My apologies if anything in that caught you off guard or offended you.

Oddly, I was correct in predicting the double no-show in the main event. I'm heading to Vegas.

Will try to read the show in detail later.

Guest Ash Ketchum

Janus beat me to it.

So, therefore, whatever I had on the other post:

----

...Whoa.

That show rocked.

This Neilsen/King storyline is awesome. I am in awe of it.

Plus, great matches around by everyone. :) And what a main event coming up for the next show...

And as for results:

•Promoage from JD and Flesher hype up their match tonight, until King intervenes to keep them from tearing each other apart before the match takes place

•Beezel & Johnny Dangerous def Xero by DQ when Xero uses the kendo stick on Beezel. Then they pull his tights down to humiliate him. Riiiight. :P

•Ben Hardy backstage... and OHMYGODZ~!!! Frost, Janus, and Flesher beingz arugingz backstage!!! Frost is trying to draw Janus away from the dark side, but Janus tells him off. Frost leaves, then Ben gets called a "nerdlinger". Nerdlinger=Ratings!!1!

•King's Bodyguard Person Mr. Dratch is backstage, waiting for Neilsen, when...

…the song “La Bamba” starts to play from his cellphone. After quickly staring down any who dare snicker at such a thing, he finally answers.

Mr. D: “This is Dratch.”

Guy on the Other Line: “…”

…you can’t hear the guy on the other line! It’s not a speakerphone!

:lol: :lol: But a limo pulls up!!! Dratch is ready to kick ass...

but it's Kris Kross. Hilarity ensues. And we're still waiting...

(NOTE: This reminds me of those Raws when we would always wait for like Stone Cold or Vince or some other big name, and we'd get about 200 limos pulling up before they showed up. But then again, Raw doesn't have the awesome duo of Kris Kross.)

•Kris, err, Kross, ummm no, Kris... I mean, Kross def. Ejiro Fasaki by pinfall after he rolls him up in a small package!!! Kris Kross cheats to win, and they get away with it cuz they're twins!!! Certainly didn't expect that for the ending in that match.

Mr. Dratch is shown backstage once more by the cargo doors looking into the building. A white Pontiac Bonneville pulls up behind him. Riley shouts…

“Is it Neilsen!?!”

CUT TO COMMERCIAL

Best promo EVER. :headbang: :P

•Michael Craven def. Mike Van Siclen by pinfall to retain the SWF US Championship after Craven Gulf Coast Crunches MVS. Post-match, Craven contiues to be an ass as he Craven Drives MVS onto the US Title. But what will come out of this? We'll see on the next show!!!

•Someone is exiting the car backstage!!!

It's Wildchild. He seems confused about the Neilsen thing... BUT NEILSEN SNEAKS IN BEHIND DRATCH'S BACK AND EVERYONE SEES IT BUT DRATCH!!! SUSPENSE!!!

•Kross def. Judge Mental (Hearford) by DQ after Ejiro runs in and hits Kross with the tag title. They hit the Gavel Bang Kris and the Overruled on Kross. *marks out for Justice and Ruuuuuuuule!!!*

•Back to Dratch, looking for Neilsen. He gets a call... oh boy, is King PISSED. He's yelling at Dratch for being a moron. Time to regroup at King's Office...

•Tom Flesher def. Jay Dawg by pinfall after hitting the Joker's Wild. [interesting fact of the night: Every person listed first in their match has won so far tonight.] Needless to say, JD is not happy. Can't wait to see where this goes...

•Next is a fun promo where the security team chases Neilsen around, then gets locked in a room by the Jungle King.

•Frost def. Janus by pinfall after giving him an Icelandic Legsweep on top of the cargo netting and pins him down on it for the three. EXCELLENT MATCH. And Janus is not happy about the loss...

•There's some assistant chick backstage, getting Johnny to sign stuff. The Barricuda comments on her tits and she slaps him one. Ouch. But then, she's walking, and she goes through a door, then there's a scream... and... and... looks like we'll have to see how this pans out...

•"TNT" Taylor Nicholas Thompson v. El Luchadore Magnifico-HOLD IT!!! Neilsen interrupts! And he's got a big long chain!!! He goes out in the ring, quite angry, and calls out King onto the Smarktron!! King pops up on it, and he's pissed. Neilsen calls Kign by his real name, and King doesn't like that, but King says Neilsen "bores him". So, Neilsen yanks on the chain, and pulls a female out into the ring.

SK: “Now you’ve got my attention. Are we in for a special reenactment of the “Laura Incident” or will it be the real thing?”

Wow, an old-school reference! Sweet! Neilsen goes about and pulls the bag off... and it'as the girl from before! King jumps from his chair and rushes out. Neilsen then conducts a little Q&A session, where we find out not only is her name Michelle and that she's King's secretary, but they've been going out for over a year!!! Neilsen threatens to hurt her so he can get what he wants, *coughcough*reinstatement*coughcough*, and eventually, King gives in after Neilsen pretty much threatens to rip her head off with the chain. She's set free starts to go towards King...

...but she turns around, leaps ito Neilsen's arms, and the two kiss!!! SWERVE!!! Looks like there's a new Queen of the Motherfuckin' Jungle... and a VERY UNHAPPY Suicide King...

•And to close this one out...

Eventually, the Jungle King and his new Queen exit the ring, leaving the crowd buzzing both from the promo and the upcoming main event, the rematch everyone has been waiting for! TNT! Magnifico!!! One more time, but this time the winner will determine who will face the cowardly champion Tom Flesher! Man... this is what wrestling is all about, baby!

"Ahem."

THe crowd turns to regard the SmarkTron... and see the face of the Suicide King once again. They begin to boo out of instinct, but from the somber and troubled expression on King's face more than one is given pause...

"Right. I'm gonna make this quick. You people think what just happened was pretty funny, I bet? Ha, ha, King got what was coming to him. Well, you can all stow it. So some chick decides she rather sleep with a jackass like Neilsen than me? Hell, plenty of people all over the world are into bestiality. Michelle will pay in good time. But for now, other people need to be addressed."

"Neilsen... believe it or not, there's somebody who you have embarassed more than me. No, not your mother... well yes, your mother, but she's not who I am talking about. No, I am talking about someone who you ridiculed, belittled, abused, and nearly destroyed. This person has been at me non-stop since you came back for a chance to wipe that smirk off your face, and I have decided to grant it. Since you're back in the SWF now, I'm sure you'll love to say hello to this man... your former Packmate... a man you once stomped in the testes SIXTY SEVEN CONSECUTIVE TIMES. And despite all that abuse at your sick little sadistic hands, he rose to become the LONGEST reigning Hardcore champion EVER. That's right Simba; he outstripped your combined reigns by MONTHS. On the next show, rest assured that this man will have.."

"HIS REVENGE."

"Next and more pleasantly... Dratch, you're an idiot. You're fired. I will immediately begin interviewing for a new head of security. If you're interested and god forbid qualified, post your resumes as www.swf.com/dratchisafuckingloser."

"Finally, tonight I have a special little present for my good buddy Mark's hometown. Since you all thought that what happened to me was so freakin' hilarious, I've got a little something for you too! Guess what?"

"No main event for you twerps. You like relationship drama so much, get your asses home and watch The Bachelor. Night!"

FADE OUT

FADE BACK IN

"Crap. Forgot something. Next week's main event will be Tom Flesher versus Frost for the Heavyweight Title. Tune in, and show some goddamned respect this time."

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

Cool show, and...

Neilsen/JD in the imminent future! The neverending rivalry, endless name-calling, and nutshot bonanza retuuuuurns!

Guest HVilleThugg

Yo...that show was worth waiting for! And King's improv ME was good, and it was nice to see the bookers come up with something worthwile to put in a double no show slot instead of the usual poking fun at the two no show-ers. That was tight. The Neilson and King thing is really gelling, and it's giving me all kinds of crazy ideas! Maybe I'll mention them to King at some point. Some other stuff happened on the show, but I haven't read it in detail caused...well, i'm hungry and sleepy. So there you go.

Da "yeah, I"m commenting on a show" H

Guest Beingz0wningj00

Jeez King... did you have to remind them of it being 67. ;)

Other then that, a greatmatch by Flesher... if mine was any close, I'd love to have a rematch in the near future.

I haven't read the rest yet, time to shower and find a new place to live

Guest The Superstar

Great show, the Kriss Kross stuff was hilarious, and FLESHER~ and FROST~'s matches were teh rule.

Guest WrestlingDeacon

Who told you you lost by word limit dq? If that is true, I feel sorry as just going a hundred words over shouldn't have made that much of a difference. Still, it's up to the discretion of the marker and I feel that I did write a really good match that really played into the uniqueness of the cage. I will be sure to read your match, Janus, when I read the rest of the show later today.

Guest Grand Slam

Ok, I want a consensus here...

Do you guys want me to tell you when you lose by word count or not? The first time it happened, I was thanked by the person. The last couple of times they have been mad. What do you want?

And on word limits... like them or not, they are part of the rules. There is no "plus or minus 100 words" clause. Any marker has the right to DQ a match if it is even one word over.

I'm sorry for this, and if it sounds angry, its not really. More frustrated. I have spent so much time trying to convince people that the limits are a good thing and they level the playing field that I feel like this is my "pet project".

dammit... probably should never have posted this in the first place... just make people mad...

Guest HVilleThugg

I agree with you Mark. Word limits are part of the rules...like them or not. Now, most markers make exceptions when it's only a few over, but if you go 100 over, you can't complain if you get DQed. BTW, this is not directed at whoever it was who posted about being DQed (cause I'm too lazy to look up and see who it was).

It's making the best of a bad situation. The fact of the matter is, without them, the people with the most time on their hands would win almost all the time, regardless of abilities. Word limits level the playing field, and are the rule! Plain and simple. Most cops don'e pull you over if you're doing 10 or 15 MPH over the speed limit on a highway....but can you get mad at the one or two that do pull you over?? No, because whether you agree with it or not, you're breaking the law. And the same holds true here.

Now, on the flip side...Mark and CC...maybe you should consider a universal word limit rule that all markers must follow. That way, there is no ambiguity as to what people can get away with. Honestly, that rule can only be one thing..."any amount over the limit is a DQ." If you say, "anything over 50 is a DQ" then you have in essence upped the limit by 50 words, and you might as well just give the extra words when you post the card. So, from the marker side...if you make a hard fast rule on word limits instead of having every marker doing things differently, then there would be no room for complaints about King let me slide and Mark didn't or the like.

Da "just my thoughts" H

Guest Ace309

Let me parrot a very wise man in a baseball cap.

"I've made a career out of writing matches that [are] consistently 500 to 1000 words under the limit."

I don't know about a hard-and-fast rule about word limit DQs, if not because different counters give different results, then because not every marker uses the same system. I'd be all for a mandatory knock of x% of the grade, but not everyone uses a point system or the same one.

So, uh, just stick with the damn word limits. :)

Guest Coffin Surfer

Tom, beat me to it.

But yeah, I've always assumed that different programs give different results. That's why I don't see the harm in maybe going a few words over, as kind of a margin of error.

Though if were talking about over 100, than that may be a tad bit too much.

Guest HVilleThugg

Hey, if people would just write within the damn limits, we wouldn't need a rule. I mean, no offense to anyone, but how hard is it to check your word limit. You know when you've gone over. No one writes and just submits without checking their limit first. Just don't send in a match over the limit, and you don't have to worry about being DQed.

Do what I used to do...cut out commentary until it's under the limit. Everyone has some useless commentary in their match that either tells a joke or explains some previous things that happened...you can always cut that out. I cut out commentary to make my matches fit all the time when I was active, and I was able to get under the limit without sacrificing my match. I won 75% of them, so...

Da "it's not that hard to cut" H

Guest HVilleThugg

That's definitely understandable. I mean, I for one know that different programs produce different results. The problem lies in the fact that it's ambiguous as to what is too far over. I mean, 10 is cool for margin of error...but 50? 100? IMO, anything over 10-15 is giving the other person an advantage. No word processing program differs that much.

Da "maybe I should put a word limit on my posts" H

Guest WrestlingDeacon

I've written as much as 700 words over the limit and line edited it down without losing one spot or scrap of needed commentary. It's part of the writing challenge.

The only thing I feel bad about in this instance is the notion that I won because of the dq and not because I wrote the better match. If Janus wrote the better match, I feel like I've won by default and he got screwed. I'm all about quality, not quantity, so any 'advantage' of the extra words is lost on me. If Mark feels that I did write the better match anyway, then I'd feel better and it kind of makes everything a moot point.

Looks like I have to start using Microsoft Word to count my matches now instead of Word Counter (which I've been using for quite a while now)

Word Counter gave me a 5942 or so, so I'm UNDER the limit.

I look in Word, I'm OVER the limit by 100.

And like Frost said above - it does feel like I was cheated unless Mark thought Frost did the better match anyway.

Meh. I sleep now. I'm not griping. Just pointing out WHY I'm irritated at the word-count-loss.

Guest Tod deKindes

Where the hell did TNT go? I was at least HOPING to do something with him that could've further established our feud.

Guest Powerplay
Where the hell did TNT go? I was at least HOPING to do something with him that could've further established our feud.

He's gone till Friday. He's in "DC" for all I know.

Guest WrestlingDeacon

Opening promo

-The opening banter seemed a little too clichéd and generic and didn’t really serve any other purpose than filler. Good touching of past history, but you could have gone a little more in depth to help build tensions. In some ways, Flesher and JD seem like ‘just a match’ but really playing up the past history and storylines helps to dispel that a bit. I like the whole gimmick of Flesher stalling to tick JD off, but I think JD is pretty pissed to begin with and the reasons for stalling need played up more. I also didn’t get JD backing down because King told him to based on how rabid he was to kick Flesher’s ass to start. Though I can see JD wanting to be on King’s good side, just play that up more. Yet, it kind of makes JD look like King’s bitch and I know he doesn’t like that. This was a standard promo to hype the coming match and did that fine, but I felt it was lacking a certain spark to make me really interested for the match.

Beezel and Dangerous vs. Xero

-Good setup of the match with the commentary. I know Riley would pull for Xero, but he seems a little to indignant about it being a handicap match, those are pretty common and I think Riley would say how Xero doesn’t need any help or that the Commissioner felt so sorry for Dangerous and Beezel for being losers he teamed them up, something along those lines. I don’t care if you’ve taken the Barracuda out of your name Johnny, you still need to use Barracuda by Heart as entrance music. I notice you used Matthew Kivell, I think he’s still dead, don’t know, ask Drazon. Good pacing and flow to the match, it adds to what would have been a nice match build. The commentary is nicely interspersed and written well. This is really opposite to the standard handicap match, because the heel is the single man. Tenses shift in one spot. You need to embellish and expand the description of the big spots, like the suicide dive to the outside and the kendo stick shot. The finish was really anti-climatic and cheap and ruined what was shaping up to be a solid effort. However, I can certainly understand running out of time or miscommunication, so you did what you could. Although with that finish it would have made more sense for Xero to just jump them with the stick before the bell and take the dq up front instead of doing a token wrestling sequence.

Frost promo

This was basically to show the tensions between Frost, Janus and Flesher. It also plays off of the promo I did last week where Frost was kind of warning Janus. I believe that Frost sees some of his old self in Janus and due to that feels obliged to save him. This was something I actually just came up with in thinking about the promo a bit, but that might be a storyline we can run with in the future. Just something to keep the ball rolling with Flesher and set up the later match.

Dratch, Déjà vu promo

I might have missed him, since I haven’t been able to read a lot of the shows in depth recently, but has Dratch showed up before? I think it’s a little funky to give King a throw away bodyguard for these segments as there is no way the character can pay off. Although, it might be intriguing to get a retiree to assume the Dratch character for a match with Neilsen to propel the feud with King. The Déjà vu stuff was hilarious and I like their rapid “dude-lingo” exchange. Adding crowd reactions, who are watching from the arena, might have been a good idea.

Kris vs. Ejiro

More interplay between the two factions before the bell would have set the mood better. I also would have played up the coming tag title match to the hilt as the two singles matches for this show directly lead up to that, that’s why they are taking place. Funny that Riley says horseshit here and I have him say it later too. The commentary is absolutely hilarious and I love the interchange between Kross and Riley, really makes the match. It does overshadow a bit, but the commentary is threaded well into the narrative action. I could see Judge being ticked at Kross getting to sit in on commentary and coming over too. Sort of, ‘why does he get special treatment?’ And we’ve got the fake handshake bit twice in a row, but there’s nothing that can be done about that. I was going to say that J&R trying to humiliate Kris doesn’t really fit their characters, but having Kris retaliate with the tickle makes it all good and pays off the bit. A little slow to start, but a solid match once it got going. Judge and Kross getting into it played well. I think you could have drawn a stricter line between Ejiro as an experienced vet and Kris as a learning noob, not just with the moves but with the overall ring work and match construction. The Cobra Crossface spot is written well, but just having Kris reach the ropes is a little anticlimactic, though it would be about the only way he could break given the character. The twins trading places is classic old school, although that is more of a heel tactic to use. You could have done more with the post match, having the heels complain and the faces gloating or some such. Fun match.

Dratch promo 2

Everyone is right, this is so RAW, but it works. You walk the fine line between winking and dramatic tension and all the segments come off beautifully. This is all fresh and different for the SWF and while I wouldn’t want a storyline like this through the show every week, I loved it for this show.

Craven vs. MVS

Saying that MVS is weakened from a bunch of suplexes in his last match is really retarded. Might as well say he was stinging from a couple wristlocks. If you don’t have a specific injury to work on, trying to invent a generic one doesn’t do anyone any good. Though you really don’t play with this after it’s tossed off. I also don’t see where the cheering would surprise MVS; at most he’d be indifferent. He’s a face clinging to heel ways, but he’s been getting positive reactions for some time now. Your commentary is flat and you need to work on threading it better into the narrative action, it seems randomly placed and you miss opportunities throughout to use the commentary to punch up and get over spots, like the bitch slap early on. There’s no real flow, just a lot of moves strung together. You seem to be more worried about getting from spot to spot than building a coherent storyline and match build. More detailed and fleshed out descriptions of the big moves are warranted. A few of the spots are pretty redundant like the back to back lariats and snap suplexes. Craven as the cocky arrogant heel isn’t working for me. That could be simply because I feel that type of character is played out and you’re doing little more with it than going through the motions. Like the arrogant cover is just there to be there and doesn’t do much to really tell the match story or define the character. Honestly, I feel Flesher is the only guy who should be working that character right now, but he’s defined beyond that template as well. Ref bumps make the baby Jesus cry. There are instances where they can be effective, but I didn’t feel this match warranted one and it’s not played off well. Specifically, having the pinfall count when the ref is out is really awkward and trips up the reader. MVS using the crossface himself and Craven’s breaking of it is a good sequence, but if the point is that Craven knows how to break his own hold you should have him counter with a little bit more than a sloppy punch. The end really picks up and the finish is pretty hot. However, I never thought for a moment that MVS was going to win. I don’t know what it is, Ash, but you just have a knack for writing in such a way that even though you do a good job of giving wrestler’s offense there’s still a certain lack of putting them over and making them seem like a credible threat to the uber-wrestling god that is Michael Craven. Then you seal the deal by punking MVS out post match and humiliating him like a jobber. I understand that Craven is supposed to be extra ‘moody’ lately, but I don’t see it going anywhere and by this time you should be entrenched in the new character and not still looking for ways to get it over.

Dratch promo 3

-Nice in giving some exposure to a guy like Wildchild who is away for a period. The Jamaican accent was a little heavy, but I could still understand what he was saying so it added good flavor. Does this signal the return of Wildchild? If not it’s a bit of a throwaway and doesn’t really do much for him.

Judge vs. Kross

-This actually plays well off the earlier match. Justice and Rule are pissed that they lost, so they just say to hell with it and hit the beatdown. Decent beatdown too. Sorry to see this being a non-match though.

Dratch promo 4

-The story continues. The little bite sized pieces are cool in keeping interest flowing and stretching out the story, although the intervals feel a bit long for what little is going on. Although the last match running real short helps out the timing from the last promo to King calling Dratch now.

JD vs. Flesher

I’m certainly not going to give Flesher any tips, since I’m facing him next for the World title. Although it’s not like he needs them. Tom has that sort of consistency and solid foundation that guys like ELM and Edwin used to build long and healthy reigns. Although I certainly hope that isn’t the case here. The humor is funny and blends well with the significant commentary. The match flow and pacing is unparalleled, the working of the characters is spot on, the finish is hot, the near falls dramatic. If I can say anything it’s that I would have played up Flesher using the Joker’s Wild to the hilt and hint very strongly of some sort of ploy by Flesher to get on King’s good side.

Dratch promo 5

This one felt a little more rushed and herky jerky than the others. The secretary seemed like just filler (although this really works later) and the comedy could have been played up more to punch the stupidity of the security staff for getting locked in the dark room.

Frost vs. Janus

Discounting the word limit dq, I think I wrote a really good match and I’m happy with what I’ve produced here. I’ve never won a cage match outside of Wargames and I think I know why now. I hate escape rules and just can’t work that well as trying to work the escape interrupts my natural match flow. I’m a very organic writer, I just sit down and start going, letting one spot lead to another, but trying to escape interrupts that for me. And yes, I did ask for this to be non-escape rules, because I hate them so. My main story was that Frost is surprised by Janus’ strength and raw anger and has to use his brains and a little luck to win. If it wasn’t for the cargo net, Frost wouldn’t have won and I think I played up the use of the unusual roofing well. When you have an element like that in a match, you have to use it or else why is it there?

Neilsen promo

-Seems a bit anti-climatic to do just a simple in ring promo after all that went down through the show. However, Neilsen cuts a great promo. I always say how you don’t need to use gratuitous swearing, but Neilsen threads it so well into his speech and it’s such a part of his character it’s almost poetry in his use of it. Having Neilsen pissed at King using his name and then calling him Brian flippantly to show what it feels like is a nice touch. Bringing back the girl from earlier is gold as I thought mentioning her before was just filler. However, the character doesn’t have a lot of history, so just trotting her out and saying she’s been dating King doesn’t really give a lot of weight to things. It’s like when Heyman trotted out the girl the Undertaker was having the affair with, no one knew who she was and nobody cared because they had nothing invested in her, nor saw any of the build of the affair she just shows up out of thin air as a plot device. Same thing here and I think this hot feud could do a lot better than the old “2 workers fight over a girl” storyline. However, if this somehow ties into the mentioned “Laura incident” or past history you really need to bring that up and play it to the hilt. A recap of that would be good, as n00bs like me don’t know the backstory.

King promo

-Felt awkward, but after all he was just trying to cover the lack of the main event. King takes the whole situation really well and it seems almost like Neilsen lost, as King isn’t that rattled. He’s pissed, but he doesn’t seem a minute away from putting the gun to his temple like Neilsen wanted. This all better lead to a Neilsen vs. King match or it’s really all for naught. Firing Dratch really points out more that he was merely a plot device. The booking of Frost vs. Flesher is just tossed out there and seems off. Although Tom and I can hopefully pad things with a few promos on the next show.

The two non-matches and the double no show are pretty disappointing. The matches that were there were all really good. The Neilsen storyline was played well and was engaging throughout the show, although I might not have liked the payoff too well. However, aside from my promo and the opening there were no others in the show and most characters seem to be floating. The top of the card is finally looking tight, but now the undercard seems a little in shambles. People need to start stepping up and building storylines and feuds. You’ve had all this time to get ready for the ppv and there are only three matches I can point to that look to be going down.

Guest Deja Vu Kris

Hells yeah...I SO kicked Ejackoff's ass!

I rule!

But my brother sucks!

And he has sex with 400 pound women.

Oh, and Frost, I did have references into the upcoming tag title match in the commentary, but they SO got lost in the 600+ word trim I had to do. Also lost in that was that I couldn't do much after the match like I wanted to because I SO over by 600 words.

Guest Goodear

Why must you hurt my feelings... sniff... I try hard! ... sniff .... I really TRY! SNURFFFF~! But I keep losing! WAHHHH! There's really just one thing to do now... snifff

*** Hits Kris with a chain ***

Guest Powerplay

*Comes in, swings Kris at the ropes, WHAM BAM GAVEL BANG MA'AM.*

Heh... felt I should just add that in there ^_^.

Guest WrestlingDeacon

Usually If I feel something is missing, it's because of the word limits, they can be a real bitch at times. But I mention it anyway. Stuff like that just helps to flesh things out more.

Guest Deja Vu Kris

Dudes?? Why all the violence?? Look brah...let's just party!

Yeah...we SO need to party!

:)

You the man, brah!

~starts drinking

Guest Tyler McClelland
However, if this somehow ties into the mentioned “Laura incident” or past history you really need to bring that up and play it to the hilt. A recap of that would be good, as n00bs like me don’t know the backstory.

Unless he digs her up, I'm not sure that's possible :P

Here's a quick explanation of who "King's girl" was and the laura incident.

King's Girl: Throughout Neilsen's career she was a character that kept popping up again and again and again with the exact same description, but no one ever noticed that she kept reappearing. She's the person that stooged off Jay Dawg in a promo I did a long time ago where I made him piss himself and she always seemed to have a thing for the Jungle King. She also was in my first return here along with Mr. Dratch, a throwaway charater I decided to bring back for this show. Why the girl became King's I'll elaborate on later, but she was a charater I always meant to integrate from my first run in the IGNWF to my very first match here, but there never was a proper time. How she was going to be used I won't say as it'll ruin future storylines. But she was originally going to show to "Welcome to the Jungle" wearing an exact copy of Neilsen's old wrestling gear and disappear as a mysterious almost stalker. The suspension offered me a perfect way to get her in storylines and have a true reason for King to reinstate his Kingish rival.

Laura Incident: During Neilsen's first ICTV run, he defended it twice. The first match he broke, well I, broke Angel's leg without Angel's permission and won. The second match was against Outcast and Outcast won after his woman Laura hit Neilsen in the head with a steel chair. Neilsen ain't about to let anyone, much less a woman, cost him a championship belt. So...the next chance he got, he cornered Laura in a room and next thing you know she's being treated by medics. OC asks her about it but she's too tramatized to talk, her clothes are ripped, etc., etc.

Now the Truth of the Laura Incident: I meant to have it seem like Neilsen just beat the shit out of her and told her to never mention him again or worse will happen. I didn't write the beating out because I don't endorse violence against women. What everyone else assumed was Neilsen raped her. I decided, well, if they think Neilsen raped her, then what do I care...Neilsen didn't. Well everyone, EVERYONE did, including Jayson Grant, the creator and head honcho of the IGNWF and boss of my stable at the time. He didn't take to kindly to that, much like he didn't to my breaking Angel's leg who was my stablemate and Jayson's "son-in-law", so to make up for it, the video of Neilsen beating the shit out of her showed up. Then, I did a stupid f**kin' thing and had the door start to open again right after Neilsen left and then cut the video. My thought? Let someone else take claim of raping her or let them think it was a medic coming to help... Well, everyone just took that as Neilsen going back so... If you think Neilsen raped her, he did. If you don't, he didn't. Personally, I always thought Riley was the one that went back in.

Guest Tyler McClelland

Hahaha. I personally think it was the best "Let's run with this" storyline I've ever been in.

I knew you didn't actually intend that, but it just seemed like sufficient payback at the time.