TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mrnoitaull

Best Rap Sample

Just wanted you alls incite on what song did the best at sampling an older song such as :

"Hard Knock Life" by Jay-Z sampling Annie "Hard Knock Life"(?)

I mean there's millions out there ,but I want you all to tell us what/who you think did the best by sampling .

I'll put mines up when I can find out what song did Beanie Siegel sample from when he did " Wjat your life like " pt.1 . I think is was "Hard Rain" soundtrack theme

Guest razazteca

Well Atomic Dog by George Clinton and More Bounce to the Ounce by Roger & Zapp? get sampled the most so they would be my choices.

Guest papacita
I'll put mines up when I can find out what song did Beanie Siegel sample from when he did " Wjat your life like " pt.1 . I think is was "Hard Rain" soundtrack theme

I think that was the Conan The Barbarian theme.

As for my favorite sample...probably "Heart of the City" by Jay. The lyrics are so so but the sample makes the song.

Guest HungryJack

The sample used for 'Victory' by BIG f. Diddy and Busta Rhymes, from '97 I think.

It used tohe score from one of the Rocky movies , IV I think, from the part where Rocky is fighting Drago.

that sample rocks it.

Guest IDrinkRatsMilk

I liked Ice Cube's sampling of "Flashlight" in "The Wrong Nigga Ta Fuck With", and the one from "No Vasaline", but I can't remember the name of that song.

Guest El Satanico

Knight Rider theme...

I like it originally and I love it being sampled in any music genre.

Guest IDrinkRatsMilk

Speaking of themes, ODB's sampling of the TJ Hooker theme on "Big Baby Jesus" was great too.

Guest Incandenza

I think the best samples are the ones that don't jump out at you. Sure, you may notice that it's a sample, but I often prefer to not recognize the source. Prince Paul is a master of this.

Guest ant_7000

Marvin Gaye and Tammy Terrell "Your all that I need" sample (remix) by Mary J Blige and Method Man.

Isley Brothers "Between the Sheets" sample by Biggie "Big Poppa"

Knight Rider theme sampled by Busta Rhymes "Fire up"

Sugarhill Gang "8th Wonder" sampled by Busta Rhymes " I got ya'll in check" (woo ha)