TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Mighty Damaramu

Freddy vs. Jason

122252__freddy_l.jpg

Name Freddy Krueger

Played by Robert Englund

Franchise ''Nightmare on Elm Street'' (1984)

Number of Movies 7

Body Count 30

Method of Dispatch Dirty glove with 10-inch-blade fingernails

Classic Kill Freddy transforms a victim into a cockroach and slowly rips each limb from her body (''The Dream Master'').

Where You'll Find Him Within the bad dreams of the children on Elm Street in Springwood, Ohio

Back Story A child killer released on a technicality, he was burned to death by the parents of his victims -- all Elm Street residents.

Celebrity Frightings Freddy sliced and diced Johnny Depp (the first ''Nightmare'') and Breckin Meyer (''Freddy's Dead''), while Laurence Fishburne and Patricia Arquette (''Dream Warriors'') survived.

Achilles' Heel Drag him into the real world, because in dreams, he's invincible.

Will He Beat Jason? Las Vegas oddsmakers say no. They have him as a 5-to-7 underdog. But don't count him out just yet -- Freddy's MO has always been brains over brawn.

122252__jason_l.jpg

Name Jason Voorhees

Played by First-timer Ken Kirzinger (Kane Hodder is best known for the role)

Franchise ''Friday the 13th'' (1980)

Number of Movies 10

Body Count 127

Method of dispatch A machete, generally

Classic Kill Jason ties up two naked women in their sleeping bags and pummels them against a tree (''Jason X'').

Where You'll Find Him Camp Crystal Lake, but he's been known to make the occasional trip to the big city (''Jason Takes Manhattan'') -- or space (''Jason X'').

Back Story In 1957, Jason drowned in Crystal Lake because his camp counselors were busy getting busy. Death is Jason's revenge on the young and randy.

Celebrity Frightings Jason's had the pleasure to knock off Crispin Glover (''The Final Chapter'') and Kelly Hu (''Jason Takes Manhattan''). On the flip side, Corey Feldman kills him in ''Final Chapter'' -- at least until lightning resurrects the corpse in ''Jason Lives.''

Achilles' Heel A good explosion or decapitation will slow him down for a while -- but even atmospheric burn-up hasn't cleaned his clock for good.

Will He Beat Freddy? Yes, say Vegas oddsmakers. He's the favorite, with 2-to-3 odds. But give Freddy the home-field advantage -- ''Jason vs. Freddy'' takes place on Elm Street...until the very end.

Credit: EW.com

Even a killer has something to fear, but only one will survive!

Guest The Grand Pubah of 1620
Classic Kill Jason ties up two naked women in their sleeping bags and pummels them against a tree (''Jason X'').

Actually the first time Jason smashed a chick in a sleeping bag on a tree was in The New Blood.

Guest Big_Jay101

i was sure on Fvsj sie it said freddys was a 7-5 favorite and Jason was a 2-3 underdog

Actually the first time Jason smashed a chick in a sleeping bag on a tree was in The New Blood.

Yeah but the one in Jason X was funnier....

It was funny because it was fake. In VII a real person got killed. That made it alot funnier.

They actually have odds on this stuff? Much like a match of two world champions in the 80s (think a Flair/Backlund deal) this won't end in a winner. Neither Freddy or Jason would job to the other, it would kill their heat. Would anyone see a Jason movie if he jobbed to Freddy or vice versa?

technically patricia arquette the actress survived, but her character "Kristin" died in the beginning of Dream Masters when she transferred her powers to Alice.....

Guest Lethargic

From Creature Corner....

"On the eve of the release of New Line's "Freddy Vs. Jason," it should come as no surprise to discover that the grinding wheels of development are already hard at work on concepts for the next film in the inevitable "Freddy & Jason" franchise.

Reliable sources have revealed that one of the current ideas being tossed around includes a scenario where Freddy and Jason would team-up against a common enemy: Bruce Campbell as Ash from the "Evil Dead" films. As crazy as it might sound, this concept has apparently been met with a great deal of enthusiasm in the upper-echelons of New Line Cinema. (Not to mention the degrees of separation: "FvsJ" producer Sean S. Cunningham directed Campbell in last years "Terminal Invasion" for the SciFi Channel.)

While it's impossible to predict what sort of "unknowns" might prevent this concept from seeing the light of day (like, say, the rights holders of the "Evil Dead" series or Campbell himself saying no) it's interesting to know that New Line is at least considering what could turn out to be many a fanboy's dream team-up "plus one" for the not-to-distant future... "

There is also a article in Entertainment Weekly about the Halloween people getting in touch with the Fvs.J people for a cross over with Michael Myers.

Freddy vs Jason vs Michael might be a little too much. Michael just doesn't seem like he'd have much of a chance against the other two.

Guest Lethargic

I don't care for Myers either. To me, Myers is a little too "real" for those other two. Kinda like Tarantino has the real world and the movie world movies and he doesn't want characters from those two worlds meeting each other. Freddy vs Jason vs Ash would work becasue they're all over the top characters, Myers is just too realistic, he's just a crazy guy in a mask. I just don't like those worlds colliding.

Guest evenflowDDT

Might I repeat my :throwup: sentiments from earlier?

There's the ever-so-slight possibility that Freddy & Jason vs. Ash MAY work, but I doubt it. It'd have to be the super-cocky tough-guy Ash from Army of Darkness, which is the Ash I hate. Oh, right, an actual reason. Remember, Ash had a technological advantage in AoD, and it's been proven on numerous occasions that technology doesn't do much to Freddy or Jason. Besides, Ash is just a mere mortal.

And the possibility of a triple-movie cross-over? Too many stories, not enough victims, no way of making everyone look good...too many villains spoils the blood broth.

Although for some reason I do see Freddy & Jason as some sort of bumbling, "Laurel & Hardy"-ish comedic duo. Assuming they survive Freddy vs. Jason.

Guest Big_Jay101

Sequel was confirmed last night by robert Englund on Tom Green. ASh is jsut emrely a rumour and Jeff Katz works at New Line Cinema and gets on Fvs J boards and we'll see about it. Yes there is a clear cut winner depending on how you looka t it but the aequel most likely will have the other looking to win.

Guest El Satanico

Pinhead vs. Freddy vs. Jason could work. Since Pinhead is the most powerful of all the modern age horror icons, he could be the force that turns Freddy and Jason into partners. They wouldn't be real partners, just teaming up to battle a powerful foe. However, this would be better suited for the final movie.

Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash would probably turn into a handicap match as the mortal hero must take on two evil supernatural killers.

Oh yeah...and I'd mark the fuck out...for both

Guest Scuba Steve

From CNN.com: (Could be considered a VERY small spoiler, I supose)

Spoiler (Highlight to Read):

The writers won't say, but they did promise one thing -- the battle between the two horror legends does end with a "clear-cut winner."

Yes! This movie is going to kick ass.

I STILL wish it would end with Michael Myers showing up just as Freddy and Jason are about to kill each other off. As they are about to kill one another, they both stop and look up as the Halloween music starts up and there is Michael with his huge knife, and the film ends as he raises it up and slashes it down.

I know it wont happen, but I wish!

It was funny because it was fake. In VII a real person got killed. That made it alot funnier.

That scene in Jason X is just another one of the things that led me to believe that it was basicly just a parody of sorts of the entire series.

I thought Jason X was hilarous due to the cheesy acting and predictability of it all.

Check out what I found:

Halloween25.jpg

Credit: An ad from the official Freddy Vs. Jason movie magazine

Looks like Anchor Bay / Dimension Films wants their guy to have dibs on Friday night's victor! ^_^

After reading that there will be a winner, it will likely be Jason. Freddy really hasn't had much left in the tank since about 1988 (New Nighmare aside), while they keep occasionally cranking out the Jason cheese.

If there is a Jason vs. Michael movie it will likely be terrible. The whole basis for F vs. J to be decent is that you get an actual actor in Robert Englund to go over the top and give the audience someone to hate. I mean, if you just have two silent no selling beasts like Freddy and Myers go 1 on 1 the audience isn't going to care who wins.