TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Boo_Bradley

Power Rangers

Guest SP-1

Agreed. The F/X were up a notch as well, it seemed. My only complaint is the ending. It wasn't really a sacrifice or anything. Kind of a dumb way to easily take out the supposed most powerful Zord of them all.

Agreed.  Part of me was hoping that their 10 Zords would come out to play and maybe be able to link up into some mega-kick-ass-REDZORD~! or something to fight off Serpentera.

Well, you have to take into effect the fact that alot of the red zords had been destroyed.

Then again, Jason completely gave up his powers... hmm. Let's look at the 10 and wonder about their powers.

MMPR - Jason: Gave up his powers to Rocky, no explanation on how he got them back, considering that when Rocky had them, the power was destroyed.

ALIEN - I guess he still had his powers. Nothing ever saying that he didn;t...

ZEO - Tommy never lost the Zeo powers, they got overwritten by the Turbo powers, which were in turn given to...

TURBO - A.J.(?), who got them destroyed along with the rest of the Turbo powers at the end of PRT.

SPACE - Still remained w/ powers after season ended

GALAXY - Still remained w/ powers after season ended

LIGHTSPEED RESCUE - Still remained w/ powers after season ended

TIME FORCE - Still remained w/ powers after season ended

TIME FORCE II - Still remained w/ powers after season ended

WILD FORCE - Then, the current season. No explanation needed.

Alright, so the only ones that really needed explaining were Jason and A.J. Other than that, I guess they didn't do half bad. My guess is they purposely don't have the ranger's powers lost at the end of the seasons now, since the crossover shows are some of the best shows they do. (Look at the greatest hits DVD... at least half of the featured episodes are crossover specials.)

Guest starvenger
Then again, Jason completely gave up his powers... hmm. Let's look at the 10 and wonder about their powers.

MMPR - Jason: Gave up his powers to Rocky, no explanation on how he got them back, considering that when Rocky had them, the power was destroyed.

Adam still had the Mastadon coin, so it was the Ninja (ape) coin that was destroyed, not the Tyrannosaurus one. But why Rocky didn't have it is anyone's guess.

TURBO - A.J.(?), who got them destroyed along with the rest of the Turbo powers at the end of PRT.

T.J., actually. The Turbo powers weren't destroyed though - the Zords were. The reasoning for giving them up was that the Rangers needed to go into space and have a big-ass robot to destroy big-ass monsters, which the Turbo powers alone couldn't provide.

Alright, so the only ones that really needed explaining were Jason and A.J.  Other than that, I guess they didn't do half bad.  My guess is they purposely don't have the ranger's powers lost at the end of the seasons now, since the crossover shows are some of the best shows they do. (Look at the greatest hits DVD... at least half of the featured episodes are crossover specials.)

Well, with PR going to the "new cast every year" thing there was no need to come up with a reason to switch powers. It also allowed for a happy ending and closure to each series.

I've got that "Ultimate Rangers" DVD. 4 out of 8 eps were crossovers, and 3 out of 5 stories. The crossovers all came post-PR in Space. I can't call this the "greatest hits" though, because if it was then where the heck is "Green With Evil"? You'd think that Buena Vista would be smart enough to remaster that and release it as a stand alone.

Guest DerangedHermit
Then again, Jason completely gave up his powers... hmm.  Let's look at the 10 and wonder about their powers.

ALIEN - I guess he still had his powers.  Nothing ever saying that he didn;t...

ZEO - Tommy never lost the Zeo powers, they got overwritten by the Turbo powers, which were in turn given to...

SPACE - Still remained w/ powers after season ended

GALAXY - Still remained w/ powers after season ended

LIGHTSPEED RESCUE - Still remained w/ powers after season ended

TIME FORCE - Still remained w/ powers after season ended

TIME FORCE II - Still remained w/ powers after season ended

WILD FORCE - Then, the current season.  No explanation needed.

Alright, so the only ones that really needed explaining were Jason and A.J.  Other than that, I guess they didn't do half bad.  My guess is they purposely don't have the ranger's powers lost at the end of the seasons now, since the crossover shows are some of the best shows they do. (Look at the greatest hits DVD... at least half of the featured episodes are crossover specials.)

MMPR - Zeo: That's right

Turbo: That's right, but Tommy gave the powers to TJ in the middle of the season and he got the Zords destroyed

Space-Time Force: That's right

Wild Force:

Spoiler (Highlight to Read):

The powers are lost at the end of the season. Master Org whoops their asses and they lose the powers. But the Wild Zords emerge along with other Wild Zords and give them back the powers. Shayla however takes the powers back since the Earth is safe and they no longer need them.

Ninja Storm:

Current season.

However, there will be no Wild Force/Ninja Storm team up at all (it would be too difficult to send the WF crew to New Zealand and get the union issues worked - as WF is union and NS is non-union)

Guest starvenger
Is the first movie on DVD?

It should be on a 'double feature' disc with the second one...

Guest DerangedHermit

And I believe they'll be released separately later this year.

Guest Karnage

What was up with the continuity from the TV series to that movie? One of Rita's goons popped out of nowhere (the pig one) and the Rangers costume went high-tech all of a sudden.

Guest DerangedHermit

What was up with the continuity from the TV series to that movie? One of Rita's goons popped out of nowhere (the pig one) and the Rangers costume went high-tech all of a sudden.

The MMPR movie is an alternate continuity (The Rangers got the Ninja powers in the TV series by Ninjor, Rangers got the similar Ninjetti powers in the movie by Dulcea). The Turbo movie is in perfect continuity with the TV show, however. That pig thing was supposed to be Goldar's long-lost sixth cousin or something like that. The costumes were just the result of a bigger budget.

Guest eiker_ir

both PR movies (the movie and Turbo) aree available on a single DVD:

B000059HAJ.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

but the're being re-released as separate discs with better editions(more extras and stuff) on September 2th...

yay

Guest Prototype450

Is it me or not one damn Ranger in the entire 10 years of the power rangers could hold a candle to Tommy? That guy whipped any ass that was placed before him.

When the hell did Tommy have a brother?

And couldn't Rocky get "un-paralyzed" if he had some Power Rangers go find some special wizard or something? I mean the Power Rangers always found a way to save the earth no matter the cost but they can't find a way for their friend to walk? THE FUCK?

Guest Prototype450
Is it me or not one damn Ranger in the entire 10 years of the power rangers could hold a candle to Tommy? That guy whipped any ass that was placed before him.

And couldn't Rocky get "un-paralyzed" if he had some Power Rangers go find some special wizard or something? I mean the Power Rangers always found a way to save the earth no matter the cost but they can't find a way for their friend to walk? THE FUCK?

Edit: Did anyone notice in Forever Red how that Machine Dude ArgghcoughcoughBeetleBorgcough could not hit those Rangers? and did any notice they were on the moon with out helmets on?!

Guest eiker_ir

i'm downloading Forever Red right now, so i cant comment on it yet

hey do you guys like the movie?

i haven't seen it in a loooong time but i remeber thinking it was awesome(of course i was like 8), specially the new outfits, i though those were the shit.

i may pick up that new DVD on september...hmm..

Guest Choken One

I thought it was scary that there were so many Pages Buffy's Thread has...

FIVE FUCKING PAGES for the Motherfucking Power Rangers?

The Turtles I could see but not the Rangers...

Guest Big McLargeHuge

Yeah, thanks for the input Choken One.

So anyways, I loved the first movie despite being out of continuity. The suits were top notch and looked like real effort was put into the film. CGI Zords being an example. Not the best F/X but acceptable. It would've been nice to see the Dino or Thunder Zords in CGI though.

The Turbo movie was pretty much just a commercial free block of 3 episodes. Kat was the only one who used her Zeo powers and she wasn't even able to morph completely. But that's just me nitpicking. Oh and it had Justin in it. Nothing good can come from that.

Guest eiker_ir

the only thing i liked about the Turbo movie was Tommy's car and the soundtrack.

Guest starvenger
Is it me or not one damn Ranger in the entire 10 years of the power rangers could hold a candle to Tommy?  That guy whipped any ass that was placed before him. 

From what I've seen the only ones that came close were Adam and maybe Eric (the Quantum Ranger). Check out the fight scenes and you'll see what I mean. Tommy of course still kicked ass, as befitting for a guy who led the team for 3+ years...

When they decided to have red herrings for their little "who is the Gold Ranger" game...

Note: I just got Hurricanger vs Gaoranger on DVD, and it kicks some ass. It's as close as you're gonna get to a Ninja Storm/Wild Force teamup, so I'd recommend picking it up. The plot is that the Hurricangers come across the Gaorangers, but the Gaorangers have gone all EEEEEEEEEVIL and stuff. Pretty much serves as a skeleton for a lot of the action that takes place.

Guest SP-1

I've always wanted to get my hands on some of the Zyurangers stuff. Is it available in English or with subs anywhere?

Guest Prototype450

the cena chapter rules all

I've even got his freestyle in my sig.