TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Boo_Bradley

Power Rangers

Guest Boo_Bradley
I was a fan of the original (up to the White Ranger stuff), but I waited intently for either Trini or Kimberly's (especially Kimberly) shirts to go over their heads while fighting. Curse the inventor of full bodysuits.

Hey, I was in 6th grade and in the middle of puberty, alright?

I probably shouldn't admit this, but... let's just say some of my old Aiesha footage on VHS is a lil worn...

Guest El Satanico

For all of you Power Rangers fans that shit on Pokemon...

Power Rangers was just as bad as pokemon.

In a few years the pokemon fans will talk about pokemon the same way you Power Rangers fans talk about Power Rangers.

Guest The Mighty Damaramu

Hey I like Pokemon.....I like it in Japanese more....

Guest El Satanico

I was sorta surprised to see a admitted pokemon fan around here.

However, that possibility is why I didn't call all Power Rangers fans "pokemon haters".

Guest RenegadeX28

I went to that rangercentral.com site............I HAD NO CLUE there was an episode with all the Red Rangers returning. I WANT TO SEE THAT EP!

Guest SP-1

*goes to rangercentral to see if he can make sense of everything after the damned Ninja powers*

Guest SP-1

Holy crap. That's possibly one of the single funniest things I have EVER seen. Seriously. I don't even know why. But RVD as Zordon is hi-freakin'-larious.

Guest starvenger
BTW, did anyone notice how the Power Rangers were always stereotypical? (The Dancing Black kid as the black ranger is a good example. 

Wasn't that the same season that the asian girl was the yellow ranger?

ironic?.. I think not

Yeah... I wouldn't give them THAT much credit...

:( I have like over 25 shirts and wore a PR shirt everyday to school.

When Tommy hooked up with Kimberly...I wanted him dead!

I feel so old now...sometimes I wish I was a kid again....those were the days...

Guest Boo_Bradley

I remember the Halloween episode (I think) The PR had to fight like 6 bad guys from the past, along with Frankenghoul... and I seriously thought they might lose THIS time.

Guest Ronixis

RVD As Zordon

LOL

Anyway, Power Rangers-

There were many shows out back in 93/94 that were better than PR (IMHO)

Yet only the Power Rangers has lasted this long with one bad season (Turbo), where as a good show with one bad season (Such as Buffy S6) cant last nearly two years-

And many other cartoons came along as well at the same time as PR- yet they all got canned, and PR exists still despite it being moved to ABC-

Thats why I say this is one of the greatest series of all time, its has surived EVERYTHING that the Industry has pulled on Gargoyles, Beast Wars-et al.

Forever Red was the best live action SatAM episode ever done-and was for those 30 min- just as good as say like Alias for example...

The problem is that Hollywood has shunned these actors to bit parts, where we needed a Amy Jo Johnson type of actor, we got Jenny Aniston and look where the Industry is now. AJJ should have been the Biggest star in H'wood now, along with Jason Frank and Austin St John. Sadly, Hollywood has the forgetness bug...which is a damn sin.

And Bulk and Skull were funny- the first 20 eps or so they were one of the best things of the show.

Guest Jobber of the Week

I have just about every major episode on my own homebrewed DVDs. =/

At least it's not so embarassing to say that now.

Guest starvenger
The problem is that Hollywood has shunned these actors to bit parts, where we needed a Amy Jo Johnson type of actor, we got Jenny Aniston and look where the Industry is now. AJJ should have been the Biggest star in H'wood now, along with Jason Frank and Austin St John. Sadly, Hollywood has the forgetness bug...which is a damn sin.

Actually I'd read in an interview with Haim Saban that he used non-union actors, so that may be the source of the blacklisting. I don't think that's the case anymore though. Still, guys like JDF could probably make a decent living on the convention circuit.

And Bulk and Skull were funny- the first 20 eps or so they were one of the best things of the show.

Quick note on Paul "Bulk" Schrier: He's currently the "3D art ist" on a comic called "The Red Star" from Archangel Studios and published by CGE.

Website is here.

I thought it was an awesome show when I was a kid, and I couldn't watch that movie enough or play those video games too much. I went crazy for the Power Rangers, up until all of them left except for Billy. I couldn't stand that guy and ended up not watching the show anymore. Still, it was a good couple of years. But....

I don't know how many of you know this but Thuy Tran, the Asian girl who played the original Yellow Ranger - Trini, died a few years ago in a car crash. I think it was around 9/11, so her death didn't really get noticed too much.

Sad.

Guest kingkamala

I for one enjoyed both early Power Rangers and early Pokemon ( Dammit I was entertained by Brock and Team Rocket). But I stopped watching the shows as the stories became more contrived and they started putting their labels on everything.

Guest Big McLargeHuge
I thought it was an awesome show when I was a kid, and I couldn't watch that movie enough or play those video games too much. I went crazy for the Power Rangers, up until all of them left except for Billy. I couldn't stand that guy and ended up not watching the show anymore. Still, it was a good couple of years. But....

Billy was my favorite up until Tommy became a Ranger. I hated the fact that he didn't get a Zeo crystal but ass-face Rocky not only got one but took his fucking color as well. An even bigger slap to the face was when he WASN'T the Gold Ranger. Although Jason coming back was pretty cool.

Just venting. Carry on.

Guest The Mighty Damaramu
Hey I like Pokemon.....I like it in Japanese more....

Same here.

I like every Anime in Japanese more......damn dubbing companies screw it up.

Guest JMA

Amen. And on a somewhat related note, check out the Yu-Gi-Oh! manga. I find it even better than the show (it doesn't focus of a card game).

Guest starvenger

A quick note about something I read on Ninja Storm - for better or for worse, there's not gonna be a teamup with Wild Force this year. Apparently the cost of getting the cast together and to New Zealand is a bit too high for Village Roadshow's Power Ranger budget.

Seeing as Wild Force had about 3 good episodes (WF vs Time Force, Forever Red - all teamups), I'm not exactly crying about it.

Also on a DVD note, there seems to be quite a bit of Hurricanger (Ninja Storm) DVDs on ebay going for about $14 (incl shipping). Just so you know...

Guest AlwaysPissedOff

Amen. And on a somewhat related note, check out the Yu-Gi-Oh! manga. I find it even better than the show (it doesn't focus of a card game).

It does later on. It's just that no one imported the first season of Yu-Gi-Oh! over here which follows the early parts of the manga closely.

Guest Ronixis
A quick note about something I read on Ninja Storm - for better or for worse, there's not gonna be a teamup with Wild Force this year. Apparently the cost of getting the cast together and to New Zealand is a bit too high for Village Roadshow's Power Ranger budget.

Seeing as Wild Force had about 3 good episodes (WF vs Time Force, Forever Red - all teamups), I'm not exactly crying about it.

Also on a DVD note, there seems to be quite a bit of Hurricanger (Ninja Storm) DVDs on ebay going for about $14 (incl shipping). Just so you know...

To quote Bugs Bunny:

Now wait just a cotton pickin minite here!

Do you know who owns Village Roadshow?

THE AOL TIME WARNER BROTHERS.

BULLSHIT they dont have the cash- They GOT Cash...they teh lazy.

But I am not crying about however-but still

Anyway some intresting news- It looks like Toei (The guys that do the Japanese Sentai- and then give Village Roadshow/Kids WB/ABC Kids the money to Americanize the show to Power Rangers) has some competers-

You guys know Toho? The guys that made Godzilla- and with there smaller Production Company- did Ultraman---

Well, they have a Super Sentai series planned called Super Star God Grand Ceisar- They are all based on the twelve signs of the zodiac, and they are in teams of threes.

grandce.jpg

This is the main group-

http://www.thai-toku.com/photos/grandcei.jpg

These are the rest of the teams

http://madarms.hp.infoseek.co.jp/0306/06-21-000.avi

This is a video of the teams in action...

Good lord, I have a feeling 4kids will get this show--or is working with Toho for this show...

Guest SP-1

Must . . . acquire . . . DVD's . . . of series . . .

I haven't even seen it and I can tell you that whomever has the Leo power rules the others.

Just sayin'.

. . . bitches.