TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cancer Marney

Banky exemptions

Guest Cancer Marney
No, I made a conscious effort to get this reaction out of all of you. Whether you want to believe that or not is irrelevent, you're all just so predictable.

'k, as he himself admits, Banky is now in clear, absolute, and deliberate violation of TSM Rule #2: "Trolls will be automatically banned. Trolling is defined as the consistent posting of useless material with the intention of getting off-topic and specifically eliciting and inciting undesirable responses from users reading the thread."

Nothing in the rules says that NHB is exempt in any case but flaming. This is not flaming. This is trolling. The rules call for an automatic and immediate ban. No warnings. No exceptions because he can be funny once in a while. Just a ban.

My question is this: does anyone intend to enforce the rules?

Guest A.W. Stiffward III

I must say that Marney makes a valid point. Upon joining this message board, I made sure to absorb the list of rules and policies that it wishes to uphold so I can say that this Banky fellow is indeed guilty of breaking one of these rules. My inquiry on the matter is, are the users on this message board whom are more well-known be treated with some sort of favortism? If that's the case, then I do feel that it serves no function to have these rules laid out in the first place, if they are to broken in certain cases.

Guest Bruiser Chong

Yeah, d00d, it's too big. As for Banky, what can ya say? He's fessed up to liking the attention and has shown disapointment when it hasn't been given to him, so it's a tough call. Marney's got a point there, but it's up to the mods to make what will be a tough call either way.

Guest HungryJack

Like I've postulated before, Banky is happy when he's got people jocking him, and now that those people have movedo n, he feels the need to draw attention back to himself. Just get rid of him and his stable of usernames.

Guest Bruiser Chong

*sees Memoirs name as being unregistered*

Well then...I guess it wasn't that hard of a decision after all.

Guest Sandman9000

To the track, to the wall................................gone.

Guest DrTom

Between Dames and me, I think we're getting all of the 35163465164631 screen names he had registered.

Guest Cancer Marney

Thank you, mods & admins. I guess that answers my question.

Guest Bruiser Chong

See now, I like that. I may seem bias because Banky and I don't get along in the least, but I always thought that the rules should apply to you, regardless of how long you've posted here or how well-known you are among the masses. Good job, guys.

Guest HungryJack

In the words of Vin Scully:

"Annnnd heeeeeeeere come the pretzels."

Guest DrTom
I always thought that the rules should apply to you, regardless of how long you've posted here or how well-known you are among the masses.

Agreed, 100%.

Guest Vern Gagne

Great job by Marney getting the ball rolling.

Great job by which ever mod it was who finished the job.

As much as I liked Banky (I even e-mailed him), he knew the rules and if they (and myself as well) are to be respected, I couldn't let it continue.

Dames

Guest Vern Gagne

I never understood why Banky couldn't just be himself on this messageboard? The times that he did, he was fine. Why the need for the numerous posting gimmicks?

Guest Zack Malibu

So, who's Tiff's new love interest now?

I kid, I kid.

I like Banky, but I can understand that the mods needed to take action and not come across as hypocrites to us.

Guest Bruiser Chong

Anyone else find it a little funny that that's two somewhat well-known posters banned in the past couple of weeks due in some way to a "female" poster (I know Tiffani wasn't really a chick, but he Eyebrow got banned for insulting "her").

Guest Zack Malibu
Anyone else find it a little funny that that's two somewhat well-known posters banned in the past couple of weeks due in some way to a "female" poster (I know Tiffani wasn't really a chick, but he Eyebrow got banned for insulting "her").

As clarified by Dames (who knew all along, with Dr. Tom and Jingus as well that I was Tiffani), Eyebrow was under the impression Tiffani was a girl. Plus, he was persona non grata around here previous to that. Combine those two powers against him and you've got a banning.

I think we all know I wasn't necessarily offended by what he called me, but he asked for it.

Guest The Czech Republic

So is Banky completely gone, or just all of those other bazillion names besides Banky Edwards? Whatever, never really liked him anyway.

Guest Anglesault

Why do I get the feeling that this is going to turn into a witch hunt?

Guest TheGame2705

You have that feeling too?

*goes along with general opinion so people don't single him out*

Guest HungryJack

I get the feeling you guys are paranoid. Or perhaps, just stupid.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Who are you kidding? It's been that way for a while.

Gee, how about Marney's ad hominem CE insults? How about the WWE goobers that annoy the puroheads? How about the snotty puroheads? (One down) What about FK Teale? What about me being mean to Metallica and Kotzenjunge? What about the various obvious unfunny gimmick posters that are here in droves? Surely we can't let any of THEM bombard our dainty homogenized messageboard with...whatever it is they're supposedly bombarding us with.

one by stinking one, I say we dunk them in a freezing river or press them between rocks. There can be stonings and stake burnings on the weekends.

I do hereby testify before you that I did see Marney consort with the devil, or with an imp of the devil, for which she recieved his dark majik in exchange for her service. She is of the underchrist, and must be tested forthwith.

Guest Insane Bump Machine

Trolling should be allowed in No Holds Barred. Otherwise you should rename the folder into Flaming HQ or whatever, if that's the only 'forbidden' thing you're allowed to do there.

Just my 2 cents.

Guest Anglesault
Trolling should be allowed in No Holds Barred. Otherwise you should rename the folder into Flaming HQ or whatever, if that's the only 'forbidden' thing you're allowed to do there.

Just my 2 cents.

Trolling serves no purpose.