TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cancer Marney

Banky exemptions

Guest bob_barron

In the worst case scenario these are two posters with very high popularity and each have their different "hangers-on." Now, you not only have two people flaming each other, but a bunch of other lackeys as well and the topic goes down the drain.

Blame the lackeys and hangers-on for that kind of escalation. No one should need anyone to defend them from name-calling on the internet. I can't imagine something more silly than trying to play Sir Lancelot because someone called your friend a "dumb fuck."

Ha, that reminds me of that terrible thread Jingus started because he got upset about Jubicki insulting him and FK Teale chimed in with an unbelievably lame attempt at 'flaming' everybody's favourite puro elitist which went down like a lead baloon. That two people managed to come out a thread with less credit than Jubicki only goes to prove how true the above point is.

Getting to the first quote, I agree totally. Sometimes the 'lackeys' (and aren't there a lot of them here at TSM?) really contrive to kill a thread stone dead themselves by ganging up (off the top of my head characters like B. Barron/Downhome have been at the forefront of such a pack before more than once) against one poster until the 'topic' as degenerated into a girly bitchfest. If they could ignore whichever two posters are engaging in name-calling it would fizzle out but most often they seem only too eager to abandon intelligent discussion, join the biggest team and batter the other poor soul into submission like a bunch of bloodthirsty hounds. Sometimes the target is a genuine troll who deserves no less but there's been plenty of occasions where a poster has been unjustly besieged with insults for simply holding a differing opinion to most others on a topic.

That thread Jingus started about Jubuki was pure gold. I still laugh everytime I read that thread

Guest Agent of Oblivion
I found him to be entertaining and just because you had your problems with him doesn't mean that everyone hated him. I'm sure I'm one of the few, but I liked the guy.

I thought MEIOF was fucking hilarious.

Guest cobainwasmurdered
I still don't like this. There are far far more deserving people who deserve to be banned than Banky ever did.

If getting banned for just doing something to get a reaction out of people is a bannable offence then I deserved to be banned. I've done it before. So have many people. Marney's "It's Wrong To Be French" quote in CE was an obvious attempt to rile people up as well.

When they put up the roles they told Banky he may have to change his style since he has admitted to trolling.

Banky didn't and he paid the price.

I don't seem to recall Banky ever really trolling, at least not in the traditional sense of spamming threads and posting non-sensical garbage.

He posted stuff to get a reaction out of people sure but I don't think that that alone is enough to warrant a lifetime ban.

I've always been in favor of the one chance and your banned forever rule. Now i'm really not.

For guys like Banky who can obviously be good posters,etc. there should be suspensions.

I'm not just saying this because he's a friend of mine, i'd say the sane thing if someone I personally disliked got a banning I personally felt wasn't warranted.

Guest KJ Brackish

I just miss Banky and wish that I would have gotten to know him better. I never really knew many of this people who have been banned but wish I would have so that I could have a better opinion on their banning.

::sniffle sniffle::

DFA

Guest Big McLargeHuge

What's with all the Banky love? He didn't really do anything outside of present himself as some attention whore. The fact that he admitted to trolling didn't make it right or any less annoying. Being an "established" poster shouldn't mean anything if you break the rules.

Tom's right: Flaming should just roll off our backs. BUT, let's face it - with all the talk about being "owned" and "getting told" around here, you can't blame some for trying to protect what rep they have. Why such a thing is so important I don't know, but we've all seen posters who take the board just a tad too serious.

Oh yeah, and we should all grow thicker skin, a larger pair of balls etc and all that other shit. :rolleyes:

Guest Cancer Marney
I don't seem to recall Banky ever really trolling, at least not in the traditional sense of spamming threads and posting non-sensical garbage.

That isn't the "traditional sense."

He posted stuff to get a reaction out of people sure

That is.

Guest cobainwasmurdered
What's with all the Banky love? He didn't really do anything outside of present himself as some attention whore.

Kind of like you eh Smarky :)

Guest The Grand Pubah of 1620

Wasn't The New Me another one of Banky's names? The New Me did reappear a few days after Banky's banning.

Just wondering.

Guest Zack Malibu
Wasn't The New Me another one of Banky's names? The New Me did reappear a few days after Banky's banning.

Just wondering.

The New Me has been here for quite awhile, and isn't Banky. If I'm not mistaken, TNM has even posted pics of himself and his child at one point. Banky's only like 21.

Guest The Old Me

So, you fuckers thought I was Banky? Nice...

And this thread right here is a reason this board went to shit a long, long time ago. Nice fuckin witch hunt, bitch.

Guest The Old Me

Even by Marijuana consumption, this thread still blows. I know how old it is, it's just the first I saw it, IIRC.

There are very few people left who haven't been accused of being Banky.

This thread is even funnier when you know the TRUE story behind it. ::wink wink:: And no, I'm not telling you.

Guest Danny Dubya v 2.0
There are very few people left who haven't been accused of being Banky.

Well, has Dames ever been accused?

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Its funny how most people shit on me when I was banned yet kissed my ass when I returned. Fecking pathetic.

Guest Danny Dubya v 2.0
Its funny how most people shit on me when I was banned yet kissed my ass when I returned.  Fucking pathetic.

Actually, it made as much sense as a spoiled brat's behavior after suddenly not having his parents that he hates because they won't chew up his food and feed him mouth-to-mouth.

Its funny how most people shit on me when I was banned yet kissed my ass when I returned. Fecking pathetic.

At least I can safely say that I haven't and never will.

Its funny how most people shit on me when I was banned yet kissed my ass when I returned.  Fecking pathetic.

At least I can safely say that I haven't and never will.

Ditto. And

this thread right here is a reason this board went to shit a long, long time ago. Nice fuckin witch hunt, bitch.

Watch your language. This isn't NHB.

Guest The Old Me
this thread right here is a reason this board went to shit a long, long time ago. Nice fuckin witch hunt, bitch.

Watch your language. This isn't NHB.

Thank your for setting me straight, Mod Marney. And I apologize for cursing to the rest of you, as I did think it was NHB at first.

Abortion.

Guest The Old Me

I don't believe anything more needs to be said, although I am surprised this was not in NHB to begin with.

So, you fuckers thought I was Banky? Nice...

And this thread right here is a reason this board went to shit a long, long time ago. Nice fuckin witch hunt, bitch.

Not really much of a witchhunt, considering that only one poster thought you were Banky (and that poster was Johnson, to boot).