TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

The Dames' Diatribe on EWR 4.0

Guest Sandman9000

Good work as always.

I dabbled in 3.0 some, but with the revamped contracts, 4.0 should be much more fun for those of us who run indys instead of Weeeee World.

The one thing that I have always hated (and looks like I'll still hate) about the EW games is just how obscene the pay is. No matter how good a worker he is, I can't justify giving Christopher Daniels 38K per appearance.

But good work Dames, and 4.0 should rock.

Guest HollywoodSpikeJenkins

Wait...

Fed Wars are only with National and Global? Damn it, there goes CZW vs. IWA:MS and ROH vs. Everything Else.

I dabbled with 3.0 and I was LOST.

4.0 looks to be a little more user-friendly, so perhaps I'll give it a shot.... if anyone wants to babysit me through learning this game, I would highly appreciate it.

Guest Random Hero

Nice review Dames, you certainly got me hyped about it. Also in the diatribe you mentioned 'RaveX's website' for the pictures of wrestlers, but there was no link. Don't suppose anyone has the web address???

Guest Random Hero

I can't seem to find what I'm looking for on the site, please someone excuse my patheticness and point me in the right direction.

Guest goodhelmet

i was glued to 3.0 for about 2 weeks then never touched it again. hopefully, i won't have the same feelings toward 3.0. having dames in a video game.... fucking scary!

Guest The Superstar
I can't seem to find what I'm looking for on the site, please someone excuse my patheticness and point me in the right direction.

Well, you click the "RaveX Entertainment" button on the first page. However, if you're looking for the .zip file for pictures, it's probably not up yet, but you can look at EWR 3.0 stat updates and scenarios.

Guest Lightning Flik

Dammit Dames. I swore to God that I wouldn't let the aniexty attacks hit me for when the bloody hell this comes out.

Thanks for ruining my perfect world with this single review~! :P BAH GAWD DAMN YOUR SOUL TO HELL~!

Seriously though, good review, and like you, I'm absolutely speechless with that Kevin Nash statement. I went by it and laughed at it for a moment, then did a :huh: moment, looked at it again, and then was like having a :ph34r: moment when I saw that. Then again, I had a :lol: moment as I realized how Nash can say that. Easily, if the WWE matches are all scripted, say Hurricane began busting out all of the cool moves and suddenly started not following the script and Nash had to remind him of how the Game ...ahem.... WWE works its matches. See? Not so hard to fathom why Nash said that, now is it?

Yes, I had a Choko moment for even saying that stuff.

YES GOD DAMMIT~! PPVs NO LONGER ON SUNDAYS~! THANK YOU SWEET LORD ALMIGHTY! ...uh, sorry God, but I'm talking about Ryland here. I know, my bad. Sorry. But yes, I can finally have my Harmony of Screams on October 31st~! THANK YOU GOD~! ....hey, Dames. I know you probably can't say this, but does it matter if you have your PPV on a Sunday or no? Cause I'm just curious in wondering with that, as wouldn't having it NOT on a Sunday (and assuming you have a syndicate show like WWE) actually might be harmful; as during the week you might lose some people going to the show due to work (most people can usually get Sunday off) or via PPV buys (having to compete with other TV shows as there really isn't much on on Sundays)? ...yeah, I know, I probably won't get an answer for this but had to ask.

Hm... Relationships, holding down people and now if I steal the Rock, I rock the WWE? Dammit, now I'll HAVE to play EWR 4.0 every single day. Just so I can hear myself (as I create me in the game) bitch about someone. It'd be SWEET~! I'll have no life. Wait, EWR 3 doesn't let me have a life either so 4.0 will let me have LESS of one.

Host interviews? Sweeters, I'll have to give someone in my company that now. It'll be great. New angles, new matches, and God fucking dammit! No selling finishers (angle, I know, but still even I've admit that I've had a hoss that I needed to have that no sellilng thingy for)??? OH FUCKING HELL YES!

Dude, I can't wait for your reviews on my craptacular matches as well. It'll be GREAT!

I'm like so wanting the game now... So wanting... Must play 3.0 to wait.

Guest ftwdevils2469

The bidding wars for workers should mke he aebetter and less agrivating since WWE can't steal your world title holder if you have a small promotion.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

So I played the first version like nuts, and didn't thereafter. Now I will again. Nice.

Great preview, Now I want to play it even more (and I didn't think that was possible)

The new Contracts and "Relationships" features sound like just the thing to give the game the true depth it needs to keep people playing more than just a few weeks.

Guest J*ingus

I wish I had a computer so that I could play this game, constantly. If nothing else, I'd upload the stats for some of the local indies around here and see how closely the simulation matches reality.

BTW, is that the best picture they could find for Athena? Ewww. Much better shots can be found on her webpage here.

Guest The Amazing Rando

I would like to say...

DAMES IS THE MOTHERF**KING MAN~!

and my sucking up is complete...

Watch for the OAOAST in EWR 5.0~!

Guest Big McLargeHuge

I wish you had the ability to book a few matches and then let the auto-booker feature take over the rest of the card. Sometimes I get really lazy when booking shows week in and out.

Guest Retro Rob

Everyone may know this already, but I don't... When is the game supposed to be getting released?

Dames, great job with the preview. I'd much rather read your's than the Bossman Chronicles over on some other website. ;)

Guest El Satanico
Everyone may know this already, but I don't... When is the game supposed to be getting released?

Late August

Guest goodhelmet

hey, since 4 is about to come out and 3 is pretty much obsolete now, do you think you can take off the pinned thread for 3.0?

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

This must be the first time ever that a link on Total Fark gets 1 click! I know it didn't make regular fark, but most articles that are posted get a few clicks..

(Some Guy)  The Dames Diatribe on Extreme Warfare 4.0

Farkers have clicked on the above link 1 times

Guest papacita

Good review, Dames.

I could never really get into 3.0 for some reason, but I'm looking forward to the new game. The relationship thing looks interesting, and I'm glad you can finally choose which day to have your PPVs. Lately, I've had the habit of running through all of my programs a week or two ahead of time, and then trying to find a way to kill time before the PPV (and I hate using Auto Booker), so thankfully I won't have this problem in the new version.

And you KNOW I'm creating myself as Chyna's boyfriend in 4.0. :lol:

Guest RenegadeX28

This article got IMMENSE amounts of hype for this EWR. Oh, don't worry Dames, you as reviewer? Man........hey heaven on earth!

Guest Memphis

Late August

Adam Ryland always pulls a suprise out of nowhere close the release dates of his games by usually unleashing them earlier than expected. So who knows, we may have the game by the end of the month or early August.

Then again, for the first time in my superior existance, I could be wrong.

M