TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Retro Rob

Trish Int. Pulled from Main Page

Guest Eagan469

Right now what I'm thinking happened is...

Test gave out Trish's AIM name on Byte This about a year ago.

Retro Rob did the first interview with the real Trish Stratus after obtaining that info from Test.

Soon after, or possibly months after, Trish cancelled the AIM/AOL account and the name "TS9T75" was vacated and made available for anyone to register.

Retro Rob contacted the screen name TS9T75 and/or that E-Mail address and a new person, not Trish, gave permission for, and did, the interview conducted by Retro Rob.

Guest Slapnuts00

Retro Rob did the first interview with the real Trish Stratus after obtaining that info from Test.

Soon after, or possibly months after, Trish cancelled the AIM/AOL account and the name "TS9T75" was vacated and made available for anyone to register.

Retro Rob contacted the screen name TS9T75 and/or that E-Mail address and a new person, not Trish, gave permission for, and did, the interview conducted by Retro Rob.

Thats pretty deep. How would someone know her sn had been vaccated in the first place though?

Guest Eagan469

Thats pretty deep. How would someone know her sn had been vaccated in the first place though?

possibilities -

someone tried to E-Mail her and got a "no such address" response

*or*

someone tried to AIM her and got a "no such user" response

Guest Lilly

I don't want to sound rude, but you emailed her through her site and she never emailed you back and in your opinion THAT'S confirmation? How many emails does she get a day. Plus who knows if she has a screener going through all the E-mails that don't seem worthy.

As for the first story. Again it wasn't too controversial so she probably ignored it. How many Trish will be in playboy/ Trish is engaged/ Trish is having a relationship with so and so does the girl get online all the time. Fake rumors get picked up all the time concerning her including a recent Montrael french TV station report saying she's on TV there showing off her engagement ring and she's announcing her engagement to a news reporter (doing a bit of research the name of the reporter turned out to be a woman)and wrestling Molly at Heat before a PPV. Neither happened. It was reported. She not going to go on her site a denounce every false report concerning her. As long as it doesn't effect her company and it's just personal stuff concering her I think she doesn't mind because it's just par for the course of being a celeb

This one for obvious reasons got her attention. I'm sure many emailed her wondering what's the deal and her site thought that it was for the best to put this flame out quick.

Any interview through AIM is risky and you have no idea who's on the other line and probably should have stated that early on with a Disclaimer when posting the interview, would probably have saved a lot of trouble

I personally didn't lose any respect for Rob or the site (big fan of both) if it was an accident. Rob obviously thought it was her and if it wasn't and got fooled. Little embarrassing for a short moment but it happens. I compare it to the prank calls to news stations pretending to be experts during news crisis and then yell "bubbabouie howard stern hahaha". The host and screener might look a little bad for a short little time but their forgiven quickly and then the thoughts of "what a jerk of a fake caller"

I really think Rob and the site could have taken the high ground and say "I truly believed it was Trish Stratus, I weighed all the facts and in my heart i believed I was her on the other line. But if I was tricked I apologize to Trish and to my readers". That would have been big and mature instead of the pissing contest of saying. I'm certain it's her and throwing a bunch of circumstantial evidence, and that's where I lost respect and making the site look bad.

I don't think TS is Trish, A very good impersonator but not Trish. I don't think it's a net prankster trying to get over on a site, the punch line would be shown a long time ago. What it truly looks like to me is a lonely girl (or guy but I'll guess girl) who really enjoyed the fantasy world and role playing Trish Stratus, a girl who loves the attention and getting more and more into it as people bought into her. She reads some of Trish's mainstream interviews in newspapers etc and gets the idea on some of her opinions and went with it. (even though some doesn't add up from this interview and Trish's mainstream interviews)

I think TS pretty much gave him/herself away at WrestlineClassics. TS came back at 8PM wednesday after the shit hit the fan on Trish's site and responded to peoples posts like nothing happened. Why on earth if Trish knew she was in trouble would she post on WC after her site reported a fake interview. The answer is simple "TS" didn't know real Trish negative reaction to this and went about TS's day as nothing happened then when TS found out stopped immeditily and then acted outraged just like the real Trish would.

Come on lets get serious, I smelled a rat the second TS give away specific writers and boards she posts at and then check the profile of WC and her AIM is out there for all to see. No one found that unusual. Bottom line TS got around, fooled a lot of people (most likely the people she listed). Even I had the TS AIM name on my list.

Don't feel too bad TS was really good, never showing it's hand, never playing it over the top to make it obvious. Like I said before it is mostly due because TS purpose wasn't to fool any net writers or damage Trish's name. I do think TS was just someone who got into roleplaying Trish too much.

Trish is a 3 year veteran who is very smart and knows how the net works. She's highly involved at her website and knows how rumors spread like wildfire. She's not naive enough to think she could say what she said and not have it spread around. She's always been too smart for that in every interview I heard

Just felt like it has to be said. This was a bad situation which I think was handled even worse by this site as time went on

Guest JaKyL25

Lilly--Nice post, it pretty much sums up how the logical part of my brain feels, even if I don't want to believe it.

It is quite possible that the "TS" poster at wrestlingclassics.com is NOT Trish Stratus and just put her AIM screen name down, and the actual Trish Stratus posts there under another (less obvious) name.

Ockham's Razor says it's a hoax though.

Guest Slapnuts00

The whole posting on WC immediately after a supposed net controversy gets in trouble is what makes it seem fake. I mean, if she really was in trouble for her comments being posted on the net, then why would she immediately go ahead posting more comments on a well read board?

She knew it would get posted, but maybe she didn't think the site was that big of a deal. I could see why she wouldn't expect it to pop up on the Torch. Why can't we just believe it's Trish instead of an impersonator? Is that more rediculous than thinking she's a lunatic who faked an idenity for 2 years and posted at WC for a year without even saying who she was pretending to be?

Guest Slapnuts00

OK, heres the problem. The interview is all over the place, she gets in trouble with the HIGHER POWER and has it removed. So what's the next logical thing to do? SHOW UP ON A MESSAGE BOARD AND START CHATTING WITH FANS?!

Guest El Satanico

This is the first I've heard about this interview.

The first thing that came to my mind is that she's acting on orders from WWe to deny it was her doing the interview.

Some of you think such a theory is nothing more than the rantings of an insane conspiracy theorist, which may very well be true. However, it's also very possible that such a theory is the truth.

Guest Slapnuts00

I believe it was after (even worse, she hadn't posted much in like a year and all of a sudden she bombards the board). Anyway if someone wants to check the time/dates of the posts, be my guest, I dont care that much :)

I know someone made a post saying she read the board. So she was kinda called out.

I'll check it later, it's interesting. I mean, it'd be something if this site had a real impact on WWE and got her in trouble over it. That could get some wrestlers to start checking this place out.

Guest Slapnuts00

Called out?!?! She posted saying somthing like "hi-its nice to talk to you all" or some stupid shit like that. While I can believe the interview, no way is that poster on the WC board Trish.

Why not? She said in the interview she had been going there for awhile but rarely posted, remember. And what do you know, TS is someone at WC who was there for a year and rarely posted. Then because they knew she visited, she feel like saying something. It's not that hard to believe.

Guest Slapnuts00

If it is to believed that the WWE got mad that she was lending her comments to sites without company approval to the point of DENYING AN INTERVIEW EVER HAPPENED do you think the logical course of action afterward would be to

A) Lay low, and not do anything else that could get you into further trouble.

or

B)Immediately start posting for the first time in a year useless chatter and basically giving out another interview on a well read message board that you admitted to posting at in an interview you DENIED EVER OCCURING thus proving yourself and your company as liars.

Bleh, I told you, someone made a post right after the interview and she started replying before she knew she was in trouble. It was a day or two later when her website said to take it down. Now do you honestly think someone hid in waiting for a year for the moment when the real Trish was going to say she went to and posted on the board, something she wouldn't have even known about? All that just to say thanks a few times.

Guest Dangerous A

I think Lily sounded more like Trish than the actual AIM interview or any of her WC board posts.

This is never going to get settled because both sides of the argument (it is Trish vs it's not Trish) have circumstantial evidence at best. The only way this gets settled is if Trish herself gets on the phone with someone and says something that more than one person can vaildify.

Call this the great TSM controversy of 2003 or whatever, but you guys are going to go round and round with this and nothing is going to ever get settled.

Guest OffTheLip

Here's the thread in question I believe:

http://wrestlingclassics.com/.ubb/ultimate...=1;t=039544;p=1

And here is the statement on her website:

http://www.trishstratus.com/news/default.asp?aID=1004

Unless I am really not seeing something:

The first TS post in the WC thread was at:

07-02-2003 11:08 AM

The last,on Page 3,was at:

07-02-2003 08:01 PM

Her website article on matter is posted at:

7/2/2003 5:42:00 PM

Why would "Trish" keep posting throughtout the day in said thread while putting the article on her website? That doesn't make much sense.

Guest Retro Rob

From Meltzer... in an e-mail to me after asking him about this...

It's clear WWE came down hard on her because wrestlers aren't supposed to

be doing interviews with web sites so for her to cover herself, she had to say it was a fake.  That isn't the first time something  like this has happened.  You should probably just explain the situation and leave it at that.

Dave

Yes, I told him it was an AIM interview and told him the SN that I interviewed.

Quite frankly, I don't see why we are still debating this. At this point there is more proof pointing at the interview being 100% legitimate, as to it being a fake.

Guest TonyJaymzV1

guys, don't you know?

Rob is Justice. Rob is Rule.

Hey, no you, Bret Hart, and Steph have more in common...been screwed by Vince.

Guest bob_barron
From Meltzer... in an e-mail to me after asking him about this...

It's clear WWE came down hard on her because wrestlers aren't supposed to

be doing interviews with web sites so for her to cover herself, she had to say it was a fake.  That isn't the first time something  like this has happened.  You should probably just explain the situation and leave it at that.

Dave

Yes, I told him it was an AIM interview and told him the SN that I interviewed.

Quite frankly, I don't see why we are still debating this. At this point there is more proof pointing at the interview being 100% legitimate, as to it being a fake.

So now do we believe that it was really Trish??

Guest OnlyMe

Meltzer is just a 12 year old geek on his parent's computer. What does he know?

Seriously, way to go Rob.

Nik

Guest bob_barron

I just want all the non believers like Downhome, JOTW and the others to admit that this was Trish he was talking to.

Guest Eagan469
I just want all the non believers like Downhome, JOTW and the others to admit that this was Trish he was talking to.

but...you have no proof

You're making assumptions based on text messaging over the internet. That means nothing - get over it.

We will never find out who he was talking to. Ever.

It's weird that she didn't stop posting, but then again that's not more weird than the alternative. Seriously, if it was someone wanting attention, they could've had it year round. Even the posts were hardly attention-grabbers. The only facts she gave out were she didn't want to do playboy because after that the only place to go is down, and she was trained by Finley for the last 2 years. Can anyone confirm that?

Guest Shanghai Kid

I think it was Trish. No way somebody pulls a prank like that for over a year and never comes out of character. Even most of the posts at the WC message board are like one line and seem like something Trish would say. Like when asked about her training days with Finley, she said something that Trish would say and said that Finley makes her keep a diary of every one of her matches.

So I think it's Trish on AIM, and that it's even Trish on the WC board. She's a fan like us, she enjoys the Internet. She doesn't mind giving interviews, unless management comes crashing down on her like they did in this situation.

I bet she spends a lot of her free time on a Lab top.

Guest bob_barron

DAVE MELTZER says it was Trish- that's not good enough for you?