TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20

The One And Only NWA:TNA Thread...

Guest Goodear

Why are people comparing the best TNA wrestlers to the 'worst' of the WWE? Saying "Kid Kash or A-Train?" is an odd comparison to make, when I could quite easily say "Harris Brothers or Benoit?" I mean if you want to make actuall comparisons between styles and such, you would need to make some rather big leaps since WWE has better wrestlers in just about every catagory than TNA does.

Guest Raven_Effect01

Yeah, but at this point, you might as well start calling him AJ JeriStyles

Y2AJ?

Alright, that sounds better, though Jericho wasn't still calling himself Y2J when he was the heel Undisputed Champion and still isn't as a heel now.

Guest bob_barron
The good thing about TNA is they listen to fans though, so they will make changes if people don't like something.

You mean like Jeff Jarrett? It doesn't sound like the crowd really cares about him- Yet he still is getting a main event push and is being booked into sympathy angles week after week to attempt to get face heat.

What about the Harris Brothers? Why are they still employed?

What about 20 minute interviews with Vince Russo and boring brawls with Jarrett and Just Joe?

That's not listening to the fans

But what about giving someone else the belt?

Or taking Ace Steel off TV?

Or pushing Red?

People need to realize that this is Jarrett's company. It is his promotion. Anyone with power is gonna use it to make themselves look good sometimes. At least he isn't plowing through the competition. And you all are missing something...JARRETT COULD HAVE BOOKED A REMATCH FOR THE BELT, BUT HAS HE? NO. He is feuding with Gilberti and Douglas or whoever.

Guest bob_barron
Barron, they "hype" up the women catfighting, but they dont go out of their way to get ad space during RAW to say "Hey. 2 indy chicks will be fighting on Wednesday on PPV. Order now!"

They're still wasting airtime by having Lollipop come out and go: Ummm uhhh can you girls come out here and stuff? Doing it two weeks in a row is just retarded booking.

They send them out there and hype up the crowd and let the crowd boo.

Because an unhappy crowd is what you want.

Would you rather them go out and cat fight 3 weeks in a row for 30 seconds, or have it broken up 3 weeks in a row and on the 4th week they just go at it.

Considering that I don't give a shit about this angle I'd rather them do their little catfight and get it over with. They're paying Simply Luscious to do THAT? They're just wasting their money. Why not use Simply Luscious as a manager- something she's great at.

And the thing about Simply Lucious can be said about anybody. Why pay Glen Gilbertti all of that money to be there and hes only one once or twice per show. Or why pay Scott Hudson and he was only on once. Or Trinity. Or Siaki.

They're actually doing something with Disco- making him a heel manager. Hudson adds credibility as a backstage interviewer. Trinity and Siaki on the verge of big pushes. Luscious just comes out to get groped by a guard.

And wont you accept that what happened with Raven, Casas and Shocker was beyond their control? How do you know that Casas and Shocker said "NO!" to jobbing, and then Jarrett said "OK. You will win." and they still said no?

According to Meltzer- they did not show up because they weregoing to job. And I will give them credit- Mike Tenay did apologise for it and that's something I appreciate him doing. So I will give TNA credit there. With the Raven thing- I didn't hear them mention his no-show. TNA should just be more careful with whom they hype to appear that's all. If WWE hyped something and a worker flaked out- I'd be all over them.

TNA is the alternative.

No it's not. It's got many of the same problems that WWE has.

It might not be what you want, but take what you get or leave it. It might not have a card full of 5 star matches, and all wrestling and no talking, but they put on decent-great matches from time to time. You are letting your hatred for Russo overshadow everything else. Maybe he shouldn't be on TV, but that shouldn't keep you from enjoying a X Division match or whatever else was good tonight.

I did enjoy the tag team match and the WU update segment but that's about it. I do hate Russo and am getting sick of the 20 minute interview segments so he can go out and imitate Jeff Jarrett.

I think many people are forgetting what "alternative" means. It doesn't mean "WE ARE THE COOL ONES!~~", it means "allowing or necessitating a choice between two or more things". And thats what TNA gives you. You have a choice. To watch the WWE or TNA.

But I'm pointing out that TNA has many of the same problems that WWE has and to declare themselves the alternative is wrong.

To watch cruisers do what they want in the ring, or watch cruisers fight a scripted matchup.

The X Division matches are scripted- I don't think they're shoot fighting out there.

They give you a choice, not a whole new experience. Not to say that thats not what they give some people, as seen by that guy who thought tonights show was better than RAW and Smackdown, but they give you the oppurtunity to see the best of both worlds.

I'm glad TNA is around for this purpose as occasionally they can have some awesome weeks. But they're in a creative rut- Hell bringing Shane Douglas back is akin to WWE bringing back Roddy Piper.

yeah like we didn't want jeff to drop the title to raven and how we wanted more russo on tv

Maybe you should go back in the past. What if Jarrett would have given Raven the belt. Where would Styles be? Would you "LORD~!" be the world champion? NO.

But then Jarrett would still have heat and wouldn't have to book sympathy angles after sympathy angle to try to retain all that heat that he lost on April 30th. Plus since it's Raven we wouldn't have to deal with a chickenshit champion who needs help to beat Frankie Kazarian.

He would probably still be taking down tag team with D'Lo Brown in the middle of the card. Jarrett made the right decision. While everyone wanted him to die so they could piss on his grave, it ended up being for the better. When was the last time you say a company's cruiserweight champion become the company's world champion? In a year no less.

It didn't end up being for the better. Jarrett is stuck trying to become the top guy in the company again and is booking the whole promotion around himself to do so. Raven is feuding with Shane Douglas. AJ Styles is starting to look like a weak champion who needs help to beat people.

Yea- They sure did make the right decision. Blowing their biggest match ever ended up working out for the better.

And what does AJ being a cruiserweight have to do with anything? I've already showed you that WWE put the title on a cruiserweight (Shawn Michaels) in the same span of TNA. Him being a cruiserweight means NOTHING. It's just a way for TNA fans to try show how their company is better.

Guest bob_barron
But what about giving someone else the belt?

In screwy fashion. And it's not like him giving up the belt did anything- He's feuding with Russo and eating up airtime with boring brawls with Joe E. Legend so he can attempt to get as much face heat possibly so everyone will know that he is #1.

Or taking Ace Steel off TV?

It's not like Ace Steel means anything to the company.

Or pushing Red?

Red hasn't been in the company since May. Some push eh? (Yes I know he's in Japan but you still used a bad example)

People need to realize that this is Jarrett's company. It is his promotion. Anyone with power is gonna use it to make themselves look good sometimes.

There's making yourself look good and there's what Jarrett is doing.

At least he isn't plowing through the competition. And you all are missing something...JARRETT COULD HAVE BOOKED A REMATCH FOR THE BELT, BUT HAS HE? NO. He is feuding with Gilberti and Douglas or whoever.

No- Jarrett is feuding with Legend and Russo. Jarrett has now done two sympathy angles in a row and it's getting ridiciolous how desperate the man is for face heat. He's booking himself in the main angle of the promotion. It's kind of sad how desperate he is for the crowd's approval.

I didn't say the X Division was shoot fighting. But the X Division is light years ahead of the WWE Cruiserweights punching and kicking and getting holy shit chants for a plancha.

But what did Red do when he was there? He was a X Division champion. He was tag team champion. He put Raven through a table. When he is there, he is the companies biggest babyface. No one gets a pop like Red does.

And Ace Steel means nothing. But didn't they take him off TV after Dames kept flaming him in his Diatribe?

What Jarrett is doing is making himself look good. He's trying to make himself the companies biggest star. Its his company and thats what he wants. There a difference between HHH and Jarrett. Its Jarrett's company, not Hunter's. Jarrett isn't beating the Hot Shots in handicap matches, or Red in matches after his encounter with Raven. Triple H is beating Hurricane and Maven on RAW. For what point?

And Raven has Alexis Laree and Julio Dinero on his side. They aren't and won't stand around for decoration, they will interfere in any match. VS Jarrett or VS David Flair.

And would you please name the same problems TNA shares with the WWE? Where is the champion running through the roster until there is no one left and he has to do it again? Where are the prostitutes? Where are the dried up heels? Where is the poor excuse for a cruiserweight division? Where are the hosses taking up TV? Where is the angle for a man wearing a mask that should have been used 3 or 4 years ago? Where is the green 3rd generation rookie being shoved down our throats? They may be in a creative rut, but their creative rut is 10x better that what the WWE puts out. Even if it is just a a match or two per show that is enjoyable.

Guest bob_barron
I didn't say the X Division was shoot fighting. But the X Division is light years ahead of the WWE Cruiserweights punching and kicking and getting holy shit chants for a plancha.

Eh- The 6-man match was a huge mess last night. I'd rather watch Rey Rey, Noble and Spanky then the guys they had.

He was a X Division champion.

For two weeks.

He was tag team champion.

For two weeks.

He put Raven through a table.

Which was forgotten a week later.

When he is there, he is the companies biggest babyface. No one gets a pop like Red does.

Well he hasn't been there for a while so we don't know what kind of pop he'll get when he returns.

And Ace Steel means nothing. But didn't they take him off TV after Dames kept flaming him in his Diatribe?

That meant they listened to Dames- not their fanbase. Ace Steel is actually a pretty good promo man (witness Round Robin Challenge 2)- I wouldn't mind seeing him in TNA again.

What Jarrett is doing is making himself look good. He's trying to make himself the companies biggest star.

Which the TNA fans DO NOT WANT. He's trying to make himself look like Dusty Rhodes cira NWA 1985. It's not working Double J.

Its his company and thats what he wants.

And it's my $10 so I can criticise what I want.

There a difference between HHH and Jarrett. Its Jarrett's company, not Hunter's.

How does that make what Jarrett is doing any better?

Jarrett isn't beating the Hot Shots in handicap matches

Neither is Triple H.

or Red in matches after his encounter with Raven.

Red hasn't been seen since his encounter with Raven. Bad example.

Triple H is beating Hurricane and Maven on RAW. For what point?

Jarrett defeated AJ and Raven just like HHH defeating Booker and RVD. He also jobbed the title in screwy fashion and the very next week got to pin AJ.

And Raven has Alexis Laree and Julio Dinero on his side. They aren't and won't stand around for decoration, they will interfere in any match. VS Jarrett or VS David Flair.

Hmmm- you make a good point there. It's just that Alexis and Julio's interference is largely ineffective. Raven usually wins in spite of the Flock. Styles wins because of Russo.

Where is the champion running through the roster until there is no one left and he has to do it again?

Jeff Jarrett.

Where are the prostitutes?

TNA girls.

Where are the dried up heels?

Shane Douglas.

Where is the poor excuse for a cruiserweight division?

Right in front of you.

Where are the hosses taking up TV?

The Harrises.

Where is the angle for a man wearing a mask that should have been used 3 or 4 years ago?

Shark Boy.

Where is the green 3rd generation rookie being shoved down our throats?

Okay- You got me there.

They may be in a creative rut, but their creative rut is 10x better that what the WWE puts out.

I'd have to disagree with you there- Their PPVs aren't really that much better then WWE TV.

Even if it is just a a match or two per show that is enjoyable

Unless we're talking a **** MOTYC candidate- one "good" match doesn't really do it for me.

Guest Goodear
Where is the green 3rd generation rookie being shoved down our throats?

Okay- You got me there.

Well, there was the stable of crappy second generation wrestlers that are all worse than Orton. Of course, unless David Flair got really good when I wasn't looking.

I suppose the Sabin/Kazarian match from a few weeks back was a mess too? You let the bad blind you from seeing the good. If Low Ki and Daniels put on a ROH caliber match today and tomorrow Shark Boy, Tony Mamaluke and Jimmy Rave had a 3 way match, you would say the X Division sucks and everything they do wont ever be good.

Red will get the same pop he did when he returned from Japan the first time.

And I didn't say you couldn't criticise, but let Jarrett do what he wants. He takes up, what, 20-25 minutes per show. THERE IS ANOTHER HOUR AND 15+ MINUTES LEFT TO WATCH!

It doesn't make what Jarrett is doing better, but its better justified. If you ran a company, or promotion, you would want to keep yourself on top. Like Vince McMahon. He keeps himself on top despite the fans probably not wanting to see. He is a camera whore. Thats where the bad comes from being a wrestler and owner. You have to keep your company afloat, but you also want to keep yourself in the thick of things.

You neither is Triple H comment is arguing for the sake of doing so. Of course Triple H isn't pinning the Hot shots, THEY AREN'T IN THE WWE. The Hotshots are the equivalent of La Resistance. A tag team no one cares about.

JJ might have pinned Raven and Styles, but at least they aren't in mid-card hell fighting tag team matches again the Harris' and Sonny Siaki. I still say Styles will be pushed somehow, and maybe get tired of being Russo's flunkie and go and kick some ass.

Jarrett didn't run through the roster. Jarrett didn't fight, lets say, Shark Boy because Raven gave him a rub. Jarrett didn't pin that guy from Tough Enough to show how bad they were. He pinned Gilberti, Styles, Truth and Raven. I think that is all.

So, Jarrett is forcing the TNA girls to fuck the people at Panda to keep them financed. News to me.

Point taken. Shane Douglas hasn't impressed me, except on the mic.

AGAIN, did you call it a poor excuse when Sabin and Kazarian put on that match a few weeks ago? Was it a poor excuse when they had that 8 man tag a few months back? How about when Red beat Kash for the belt? Or during the XXX vs Red/Lynn match ups?

Ron and Don are no mat technicians, but they are on TV for what, 5-10 minutes a show. If that? And wrestle, once a month? Twice a month?

And Shark Boy should have been dominating the indys like a feirce man back in 1999? AGAIN, news to me.

The PPV's to me is better than that shit on Mondays and Thursdays. It must be some good to you as well if you keep complaining about your 10 dollars and you keep buying it. That goes for everyone else here too.

:lol: Gooder, I laugh. That group was on TV for what, 3-5 weeks? In the midcard? Fighting Dusty Rhodes? Thats far from someone interfering in a match and throwing someone down stairs and whatever dumb shit Orton is doing.

Guest BrokenWings

Just thought I'd mention something else I saw on camera I agreed with.. that being the sign from the heel section which read "Stop it with the bimbos. Use Athena." or something along those lines.

I fully agree with this statement. They've got good women's talent in Athena and Alexis Laree(~!), but instead are opting to use non-wrestlers such as Goldylocks, Lollipop, etc.

I have a feeling that eventually Lollipop's top will get ripped off again, and these broken up catfights are just a way to subliminally hype it. Whatever the case may be, I'm sick of it. You'd think they'd take a hint from all the damn Athena signs around the arena, but I guess not.

Eventually they'll have to use the two I'd like to see.. right? They can't be ringside attendents (? What the hell does Athena DO anyway?!) and managers forever, right? bah.

Guest bob_barron
I suppose the Sabin/Kazarian match from a few weeks back was a mess too? You let the bad blind you from seeing the good. If Low Ki and Daniels put on a ROH caliber match today and tomorrow Shark Boy, Tony Mamaluke and Jimmy Rave had a 3 way match, you would say the X Division sucks and everything they do wont ever be good.

So by your logic- Since WWE has put on-

Spanky v. Xavier, Spanky v. Noble, Nunzio v. Rey Mysterio, and both Rey v. Matt matches then they're cruiserweight division is just fine.

Red will get the same pop he did when he returned from Japan the first time.

You can't use him as an example of someone getting pushed though because of his absence.

And I didn't say you couldn't criticise, but let Jarrett do what he wants. He takes up, what, 20-25 minutes per show. THERE IS ANOTHER HOUR AND 15+ MINUTES LEFT TO WATCH!

If Jarrett took up 20-25 minutes by wrestling then I would not complain. But no- He's taking up time by trying to get over as a sympathy babyface all because everyone is sick of him.

It doesn't make what Jarrett is doing better, but its better justified. If you ran a company, or promotion, you would want to keep yourself on top. Like Vince McMahon. He keeps himself on top despite the fans probably not wanting to see. He is a camera whore. Thats where the bad comes from being a wrestler and owner. You have to keep your company afloat, but you also want to keep yourself in the thick of things.

What Vince is doing isn't any good either. Vince should take himself off TV again once his feud with cripple boy is over.

You neither is Triple H comment is arguing for the sake of doing so. Of course Triple H isn't pinning the Hot shots, THEY AREN'T IN THE WWE. The Hotshots are the equivalent of La Resistance. A tag team no one cares about.

JJ might have pinned Raven and Styles, but at least they aren't in mid-card hell fighting tag team matches again the Harris' and Sonny Siaki. I still say Styles will be pushed somehow, and maybe get tired of being Russo's flunkie and go and kick some ass.

That's another thing- Triple H actually wrestles matches. Jarrett doesn't. Triple H has never won a handicap match (aside from the Flair/HBK one) so again- you're argument doesn't work.

Jarrett pinned Raven, Truth, Styles and Gilberrti in his title defences. Raven is feuding with Jim Mitchell in a midcard feud that hopefully will not main event a show. Styles is playing chickenshit champion. The Truth is doing comedy skits with Road Dogg and Konnan. Disco went right back down the card.

Jarrett didn't run through the roster. Jarrett didn't fight, lets say, Shark Boy because Raven gave him a rub. Jarrett didn't pin that guy from Tough Enough to show how bad they were. He pinned Gilberti, Styles, Truth and Raven. I think that is all.

But Jeff Jarrett rarely works a match to begin with.

So, Jarrett is forcing the TNA girls to fuck the people at Panda to keep them financed. News to me.

Ohhh- you meant the Stephanie storyline- I thought you meant the WWE Divas in general. WWE is using their divas a lot better then TNA is- I'll say that much.

AGAIN, did you call it a poor excuse when Sabin and Kazarian put on that match a few weeks ago? Was it a poor excuse when they had that 8 man tag a few months back? How about when Red beat Kash for the belt? Or during the XXX vs Red/Lynn match ups?

See my above statement about the WWE cruiserweights.

Ron and Don are no mat technicians, but they are on TV for what, 5-10 minutes a show. If that? And wrestle, once a month? Twice a month?

You could say the same thing about WWE hosses like A-Train. Who IMO is much better then the Harrises.

And Shark Boy should have been dominating the indys like a feirce man back in 1999? AGAIN, news to me.

No- But they're doing a rip off the mask storyline just like WWE did. They also teased someome kissing another persons ass two weeks after WWE did the exact same thing.

The PPV's to me is better than that shit on Mondays and Thursdays. It must be some good to you as well if you keep complaining about your 10 dollars and you keep buying it. That goes for everyone else here too.

I only buy TNA so I can tape it and give it to Dames to review. If we order the shows we should be allowed to complain about the product- which is what I'm doing. RAW and Smackdown are just as good if not occasionally better then a TNA Show- and they cost $0.00

Guest SP-1

This was my second TNA show, and I was fairly content with it. I coulda done without Russo's antics and the "Equalizer" was lame. AJ rocks my world, though, and it was nice seeing D'Lo in the main event.

I thought the X-Division segment was a spotfest with a poorly told story, and I wonder why they didn't just replay the first 4-Way again. I'd have rather seen a re-run of another match than that.

I loved the Tag Titles match that opened. I'm now an AMW mark, fo shizzle.

Guest RedJed

Well last nights show wasnt too bad......seems like they have gone back to a traditional wrestling approach and there isnt tons of tweeners everywhere. Characters and feuds are given much more basic traits instead of Russo like elements. So with that said, I think the power struggle has changed again. Show definately wasnt up to par with the Anniversary show and then that week after either (just got caught up with all the shows recently) but it definately wasnt in line with some of the shows they were putting out in May, which were pretty bad.

The opening tag match was way better than I expected, same with the Jarrett match. I can certainly handle Jarrett and Russo having this feud in the midcard.....I think sooner or later Jarrett will get a rematch or something but he's purposely doing this to make a point, that he isnt making himself the focal point of the company. Also for all the bitching that he's building sympahy hard on himself to get back in a babyface role that apparently fans dont want to see, I can agree with that to a point but since they need to go with this Russo-Jarrett feud for a bit here to blow it off, Jarrett needs the babyface sympathy to make it work, and then look for a heel turn out of nowhere when the fans get behind him again. Looks like Disco is back to being.....well Disco. Probably for the best given that SEX has moreless died and their hard push for Glen fell apart since very few can get past him being a comedy act for so many years.

Definately a few shitty matches in Shark Boy and Harris and Dinero-Douglas was definately a dissapointment as well but the rest was solid enough. Too bad D-Lo and Styles didnt get more time, that match was good but could have and should have been way better. The copout of a person with Brown bummed me out as well as the ending of that match. The X division matches were kind of just there, I dont buy Kazarian as this big thing that they are pushing really. He's alright but nothing spectacular to me.

Anyone notice the new other dancer is the same April who was Brian Lawlers chick months back? Took me a sec to notice that.

Actually Bob, Raven is feuding with Shane Douglas. But everything else you said was valid, especially the thing about the cruiserweight division. And the Divas wrestle, or at least try to. At least they are using their "Divas" like traditional women of wrestling should be used, as valets and to show ass. I usually jump on the WWE for doing that, but lately they have toned it down. Until TNA starts showing women wrestling in pools of jello, coffee and caramel, im fine. And I still dont see how RAW is better than a TNA episode. RAW hasn't been good in a year or something. I long for the days where Rock and DX would be out there feuding and stuff. I know its the past, but I enjoy those days more than anything on WWF tv now. People that say they like RAW are lower their standards for that show so that they can have a reason to like it. Just like the WWF has lowered their standard; they know that 5's and 6's aren't possible anymore so they aim for 3's and 4's.

Guest The Decadent Slacker

Barron, you've got like SK mode on. Overall, TNA is vastly inferior to the WWE machine, but only if you look at it like that. TNA isn't the best ever, or will even be thought of in 5 years barring a TV deal. Bitching about JJ trying to get over at the expense of other more deserving guys makes sense, but really, why fucking bother? He owns the company, he can push himself to his hearts content, but he has been de-pushed since the whole title debacle. as you said, it's your $10, so if you don't like it why buy it to bitch about it every week?

The TNA girls are just fucking useless for the viewers. it's gotta be a live crowd thing. Besides, bitching about them having a catfight is dumb on several levels. One, it's a catfight, big fucking deal. Two, no one will give it a thought until reviewing the show & Three, it's just a fucking catfight.

X division at least isn't the same match all the time, barring Rey or Ultimo. The WWE Style has killed most of the spontinaity of the Cruisers. The fun of the X division is watching guys use most of their movesets, even though it's usually spots. But i'd rather see a good spotfest than kick, punch, rana (holy shit!), repeat. Spanky, Noble, Nunzio & Rey are definitely what you'd call world class workers, but they've been neutered.

BTW, if anyone loses their top from this whole bizarrely stupid catfight thing, i'm saying Tracy. it's just too easy.

Guest bob_barron
Actually Bob, Raven is feuding with Shane Douglas.

Nope- Raven’s latest feud in NWA:TNA appears to be with Shane Douglas, adversaries from the old ECW days.

Douglas has been paired with Jim Mitchell, and the idea will actually be that Raven is feuding with Mitchell. This way, flaky workers like Sabu can be brought in for short programs with Raven, but the main heat will be between Raven and Mitchell, two regulars, rather than relying on workers who have no-showed in the past.

I guess they're afraid Douglas will no-show

Guest bob_barron
Bitching about JJ trying to get over at the expense of other more deserving guys makes sense, but really, why fucking bother? He owns the company, he can push himself to his hearts content, but he has been de-pushed since the whole title debacle. as you said, it's your $10, so if you don't like it why buy it to bitch about it every week?

So should people in the WWE folder stop bitching about how Triple H is doing the exact same thing. He's not getting depushed either. He pinned AJ the week after he lost the title and has done two sympathy angles two weeks in a row since he is desperate to retain his face heat.

The TNA girls are just fucking useless for the viewers. it's gotta be a live crowd thing. Besides, bitching about them having a catfight is dumb on several levels. One, it's a catfight, big fucking deal. Two, no one will give it a thought until reviewing the show & Three, it's just a fucking catfight.

I think it's stupid to tease a catfight on a show people have paid money for. That makes no sense and only serves to piss off the paying customer. The fact that they are wasting a terrific talent like Simply Luscious on that? If you're gonna do a catfight- Do a freaking catfight. Don't tease one.

X division at least isn't the same match all the time, barring Rey or Ultimo. The WWE Style has killed most of the spontinaity of the Cruisers. The fun of the X division is watching guys use most of their movesets, even though it's usually spots. But i'd rather see a good spotfest than kick, punch, rana (holy shit!), repeat. Spanky, Noble, Nunzio & Rey are definitely what you'd call world class workers, but they've been neutered.

I've seen Spanky and Nunzio in ROH and I don't really see how they've been neutered. The X Division people being able to do what they want doesn't really do it for me unless their quality workers- ie Paul London.

BTW, if anyone loses their top from this whole bizarrely stupid catfight thing, i'm saying Tracy. it's just too easy.

If it's Luscious- I will not complain about the show at all

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

*pokes head in*

He didn't job the title in screwy fashion.

He lost to a guitar shot...the exact same way he won it.

What's the difference between TNA and WWE?

AJ Styles is the World Champion...instead of jobbing to Bill Demott on Velocity.

That's big enough for me.

Guest bob_barron

So losing to a guy via interference and a weapon isn't screwy?

What's the difference between TNA and WWE?

AJ Styles is the World Champion...instead of jobbing to Bill Demott on Velocity.

That's big enough for me.

Of course, like WWE, once they put the title on a guy who'd be considered small they do just what WWE did and book him into a chickenshit champion.

HBK was a chickenshit champion? You keep surprising me everytime.

And people shouldn't stop complaining because its not Triple H's company. Triple H doesn't own 25% of the company. Stephanie does. And when they are married, Triple H will own 12.5%, if they give him half. Or maybe 20% so everyone gets a fair share. Until then, we can complain all we want.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

HE's A HEEL.

Maybe the whole year of Superman HHH as heel champion has made you forget that heel champions usually look weak before they WIN ALL THE MATCHES.

If you don't think he can lose...why would anyone watch?

Jesus Christ, Bob. I agree with 99% of your complaints here but the Styles one and the JJ "screwy" loss are crap.

What suckes was JJ NOT losing with all the interference in the Raven match...not losing due to one HEEL tactic.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Oh...and of course they're going to keep trying to make Jarrett the top guy.

He's the only person in the world that they know for sure will be there every week.

Guest HartFan86

That's a good point BPS.

I guess that makes a tad more sense why he's booked the way he is...he's the most realiable wrestler in the company.

Guest bob_barron
HBK was a chickenshit champion? You keep surprising me everytime.

And people shouldn't stop complaining because its not Triple H's company. Triple H doesn't own 25% of the company. Stephanie does. And when they are married, Triple H will own 12.5%, if they give him half. Or maybe 20% so everyone gets a fair share. Until then, we can complain all we want.

I was referring to Chris Jericho syxx.

And since Jarrett owns the company I shouldn't be allowed to complain about him? So I shouldn't get upset when Vince McMahon books himself as the centrepiece of Smackdown right?

bps-

Actually- Triple H has looked weak the week before all of his PPV matches.

Unforgiven- RVD kicks his ass twice.

No Mercy- Kane chokeslams him.

Survivor Series- HBK Pedigrees him.

Armageddon- HBK does a flying elbow into the dumpster.

Royal Rumble- Steiner tears his clothes off.

No Way Out- Jobs in a tag match.

Wrestlemania- Jobs to Book in a tag match

Judgement Day- Eats jacknife

Bad Blood- Eats jacknife.

I have no problem with AJ cheating on to win his own but I do have a problem with Vince Russo and Co. having to save his ass each week. He's turning into Jericho.

And I agree with you on the Raven v. Jarrett match- they dropped the ball there.

Guest bob_barron
Oh...and of course they're going to keep trying to make Jarrett the top guy.

He's the only person in the world that they know for sure will be there every week.

You make a good point but it's getting tiresome seeing the exact same brawl two weeks in a row. And I think getting your ass kicked three times in the same show is a bit excessive. Jarrett needs to lay low for a while so the crowd won't continue to get tired of him.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I definitely agree with that last part.

Everyone's sick of Jarrett, the only reason they're trying so hard is because they have too.

For me, I don't care how weak they make AJ look as long as he keeps the title.

Jarrett's reign (especially after the Raven match...but also before it) became one where you just never thought he was going to lose because he was either not defending (which was almost always) or won despite massive interference (both the Styles and Raven matches).

I think whoever was next was bound to be booked weaker after such a long reign so that fans would start thinking the title could actually change hands whenever (hence IMO, why Jarrett unexpectedly dropped the belt the week before the big anniversarry show when everyone expected it).