TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ANKLELOCK

Kurt Angle's New Behavior

What about that AMAZING reign he had?

Cena beat up Brock leading to the PPV OMG WORLD TITLE CONTENDER OMG

All I'm saying AS is that low morale wasn't a problem when Benoit was a whipping boy for WCW and losing to like... Meng... why should it be now? I just think his body is breaking down.

Maybe. I've just been noticing the "Who the hell cares" Crossface lately.

Nobody is talking about his title reign.....we're talking about being built up which he was very well. Just admit that he was built up to be a threat in a matter of a few weeks and stop changing the subject

Guest Anglesault
Nobody is talking about his title reign.....we're talking about being built up which he was very well. Just admit that he was built up to be a threat in a matter of a few weeks and stop changing the subject

Well then Cena was built up as an absolutely awesome title contender. He beat Brock up AND won a tournament.

Big Show was not a big threat. The marks went into Survivor Series thinking Brock would win just like we did, (albeit for diferent reasons) especially when they showed what would happen when Brock finally got the Big Show without Big Show sneak attacking him the week before.

Guest BionicRedneck

No-one cares about Cena. No-one is talking about Cena. So, stop bringing Cena up.

Show was seen as a threat. End of story.

No-one cares about Cena. No-one is talking about Cena. So, stop bringing Cena up.

He can't just admit it......He'd rather continously try to change the subject

Guest Anglesault

I think John Cena is a very valid point, because, while the success of the Big Show push is debatable, when they tried the same thing with Cena, someone closer to Benoit's size and stature, it bombed.

Guest Army Eye
There wasn't an internet to create the so-called "smart" fan then ... if there was a 'net, and you were a fan of Magnum TA or Luger or Windham and you knew that Flair was holding them down due to politics, you'd be bullshit. People today don't care about what happened because it's too late to care. To compare the apples of the 1980s to the oranges of today doesn't work.

There were smart fans before the Internet.. Newsletter/dirt sheets were around.

Guest The Decadent Slacker

For fucks sake, who cares? If the matches are somewhat entertaining, i don't give a fuck if Billy Gunn is politicking. If Angle wants to do it, big fucking deal. He's said himself he's looking to retire in the next year or so, so he can do what he wants as long as the work & angles back it up. Besides, it evens out the political games somewhat: workrate vs HHHoss. Just bring on the matches, that's all i care about.

Show was kinda credible to the marks. he's big & gets ANGRY, so he's a threat. Of course, the other 89.9% of the marks didn't care much, but enjoyed the feud to see Brock kick his ass. At least that's how the marks i associate with saw it. Cena was an abortion, based on the fact he was built up then got cut off at the knees in the PPV hype. He was bought at least a little bit before that, via the vinettes & victories.

Benoit could be built back up, but it would take too long & be fleeting. If they started now, they'd be lucky if they got him ready by Armageddon or the Rumble. The fact is no one other than the smarts care about him & take him seriously. The only guy who'd get over by the Goldberg method right now, imo, is Rhyno. But again, it would take a while.

Guest nl5xsk1
There wasn't an internet to create the so-called "smart" fan then ... if there was a 'net, and you were a fan of Magnum TA or Luger or Windham and you knew that Flair was holding them down due to politics, you'd be bullshit.  People today don't care about what happened because it's too late to care.  To compare the apples of the 1980s to the oranges of today doesn't work.

There were smart fans before the Internet.. Newsletter/dirt sheets were around.

And I'm guessing that the people that read them got pissed off at Flair for his backstage bullshit. But I'm also guessing that none of those people are on this board now, and thus can't comment on what Flair did then. The point that I was debating was that people here don't bitch about Flair's backstage politics, and so I think my reason is still valid (although modified due to your point)

Guest Mad the Swine

Every wrestling personality in history has used politics.

It's about taking care of yourself. Even when one of the boys agrees to job it's to insure greater future consideration.

I have no qualms with Angle. I have no qualms with Triple H over this.

Any of the wrestlers put into the same position would act the same way, albeit some more extreme than others.

If wrestling wasn't about politics, it wouldn't exist today.