TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

Dames Explains All Column...

I have a feeling that I'm going to be crucified for my Kane commentary...but I'm curious as to what you guys thought about it.

Dames

Guest MrRant

I haven't read it yet.

But it sucks.

Since you are sure you will be crucified... might as well complain without going through the effort of reading it.

:P

What the hell is with the line breaks? That is the most irritating thing in the goddamn world.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

I read it. It was indeed Fierro-esque~! but we still wub you. :wub:

Guest Vyce

I'll.......I'll never look at you in the same way, Dames....

*runs crying from the sight of his fallen hero*

Guest Anglesault

Half way through, but one note: Taker INTENTIONALLY torched the place.

He admitted it in 1998, after about 30000000000 twists and turns in the "who burned the place down" storyline.

Guest Vyce

On a more serious note, after reading the article, I believe you've put more thought into the Kane story than the WWE writers ever have.

I mean, c'mon, who here doesn't believe they write the show on a cocktail napkin an hour before the curtain rises?

Guest Askewniverse

I thought that it was a good read. It seemed like you put more thought into the whole angle then the WWE writers.

The only question that I have is this: how would you explain where Kane learned to wrestle? During the Katie Vick angle, Kane mentioned that he was just starting in the business when Katie died.

Guest Anglesault
. All these years, he's never looked in the mirror...afraid of the image that will come back at him and has always tried to keep his face hidden, even going so far as to throw dirt and gunk on it to conceal it from himself, which is why everyone such as DX and Jim Ross were scared of his “real” face when he was unmasked.

But what about Ausin last week?

Guest bravesfan
Taker INTENTIONALLY torched the place.

He admitted it in 1998, after about 30000000000 twists and turns in the "who burned the place down" storyline.

Did he admit it as a babyface (January - July) or heel (August - November)?

The only gaping plothole I've been confused with about this storyline were how heels reacted to an unmasked Kane from 1997-2002, especially when it's now revealed to be psychological damage. You do begin to explain it well, but it leaves a bit to be desired.

Guest TheGame2705

Didn't I start a similar topic not too long ago and everyone called me dumb?

Guest TheBostonStrangler

Nice work, Dames. I'd love to see them do pretty much what you're suggesting right here.

Guest HartFan86

Not bad of an article. Makes you think.

Taker admitted to it shortly after Judgment Day 1998 when he rejoined with Bearer.

Guest Anglesault
Taker INTENTIONALLY torched the place.

Did he admit it as a babyface (January - July) or heel (August - November)?

The week that Bearer joined him again. October?

Guest CoreyLazarus416

I've been saying they should explain it as psychological scarring for a year and a half now...

Good read, Dames.

I'm a relatively new WWE fan(started in 2001), so I dont know what minor plot twists you missed. It was an entertaining read none the less. Keep doing the column,though, as I'm sure you'll get some less bizarre thing to write about.

Guest BrokenWings
. All these years, he's never looked in the mirror...afraid of the image that will come back at him and has always tried to keep his face hidden, even going so far as to throw dirt and gunk on it to conceal it from himself, which is why everyone such as DX and Jim Ross were scared of his “real” face when he was unmasked.

Because the fact that Kane is, in all seriousness, a not so nice fellow to look at? Heh.

Great read again Dames. Enjoyed it as usual.

Guest Anglesault

Because the fact that Kane is, in all seriousness, a not so nice fellow to look at? Heh.

Niether is Sara Undertaker.

People never dove off cliffs to avoid looking at her.

Guest HartFan86

One thing....the logic gap about the hair thing is still there.

Other people can take Kane's mask off and the hair doesn't come off, but when he does, it comes off.

Guest bravesfan
The week that Bearer joined him again. October?

If Percy's character is willing to take the fall for everything, you can say that UT was brainwashed by Bearer to admit that, just so they (UT & Kane) would always be at each other's throats. (Bearer secretly sabotaging UT?)

I don't know; just a suggestion.

Guest LJSexay

Methinks the heels that have seen him unmasked may have seen him with all that gunk and soot on his face, the way we first saw him. Probably seeing him like THAT would have made them cringe the way they did in the past.

woo!

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Oh, and how come Papa Shango and Multiple Personalies weren't used?

Guest Anglesault
Methinks the heels that have seen him unmasked may have seen him with all that gunk and soot on his face, the way we first saw him. Probably seeing him like THAT would have made them cringe the way they did in the past.

woo!

::Begins feverishly pointing to the "Toughest SOB" not being able to look at a gunkless Kane::

Guest RavishingRickRudo

If Kane mutilated himself and his face in order to hide his true-self, then shouldn't he STILL be doing it?

Guest MrRant
::Begins feverishly pointing to the "Toughest SOB" not being able to look at a gunkless Kane::

Down boy. DOWN.

Good boy.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Isn't it realistic for the WWE creative team to think of something outlandishly stupid??

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

The first part before the wrestling would make for an interesting movie, if only you could figure out how to replace the wrestling part with something else though.

Guest Anglesault

Next week Dames should explain how my mind works! Ratings...er, HITS, BABY~!