TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest welshjerichomark

English Football

I think we can get by with Cisse/Baros/Pongolle for now. Kewell can play up there as well. In time we will need another stiker, but only as cover. Baros and Cisse should be first choice. The money from Owen's sale will go on midfielders, as we are very lacking there, moreso than up front. I think we've got probably the smallest squad in the prem at the moment, though, with only 16 first team players. Hopefully, Alonso, Garcia and Nunez will sort that out.

Always good to see Southampton in the relegation zone, if only for a week.

I gotta say, I was at the game and we were fucking awful first half, we had them on the rack in the second, but it was too late then

From the bottom of my heart, I'd like to thank Benitez for taking off Cisse, bringing on a shithawk like Pongolle and gifting us with a point on Saturday. Already regretting not putting a bet on Defoe to be top scorer, but Naybet was a touch of class in defence, King is always great, Atouba caused havoc when he came on with some great crosses and Edman looked dependable and assured on the ball, something I wouldn't say about Mauricco Tarrico. If we can get a result against Newcastle's conjunctivitis riddled side, I'll be happy.

Anyone watching England/Ukraine?

One up at half-time and Becks gets the goal. No doubt the entire team will get subbed off at half-time and hopefully we'll see De-Foe and Wright-Phillips on. Oh, and Dyer, so he can get booed off the pitch.

I really felt for Kieron Dyer tonight. But if everything's true then he deserved it.

Its not Robson stopping him from being in the England side, its his inconsistency and generally uninterested performances like tonight's.

Still in my fantasy side though.

The match was a good work out ahead of Austria. Finally my calls for Shaun Wright-Phillips have been answered and he didn't let anyone down, especially his old man.

WE LOVE YOU SOUTHAMPTON WE DO

WE LOVE YOU SOUTHAMTPON WE DO

OOOOOOOOH SOUTHAMPTON WE LOVE YOU

COME ON SAINTS, SMASH THE BLACKBURN CUNTS, FUCK THE POMPEY SCUM

Great result for Spurs, some excellent work by Robinson (surely better than David James for England?) and a cracking strike by Atouba. With 4 points from 2 games against two of the stronger teams in the Prem, plus our next three matches being WBA, Birmingham and Norwich, I'm feeling pretty happy at the moment. Not sure how I feel about the Carrick signing (hardly set Div 1 alight last year, plus we've already got Davis, Redknapp, Super Pedro Mendes, Ricketts and Mabizela who can play in midfield), but so far I'm happy with the Arneson/Santini/Jol regime

1) Anyone see The Nevilles in that thunder-storm clip on Soccer AM? Funny shit.

2) Chris Kamara is a pure legend.

3) Man U 2, Norwich 1. Lucky escape considering a loss would have left us rock bottom on 0 points after 2 games. Thank goodness for Alan Smith.

WE LOVE YOU SOUTHAMTPON WE DO

OOOOOOOOH SOUTHAMPTON WE LOVE YOU

COME ON SAINTS, SMASH THE BLACKBURN CUNTS, FUCK THE POMPEY SCUM

I bet you love that ref as well.

Chris Kamara can be one of the funniest people on TV, especially when he's doing one of his dressing room tours.

Leicester were total shit yesterday, one of the worst displays I can remember. We aren't going anywhere this season and it'll probably be just as well.

Two on the trot for Derby, but Newcastle are falling apart at the seams.

Newcastle have Norwich mid-week and I'm not even 10% confident of a result.

In fairness, you dominated the match yesterday, and it was only the excellence of Robbo that kept us in the game, plus the fact that Atouba's shot was near unstoppable for Given.

Sturrocks been sacked after the second game of the season, it seems like a weird situation, more news later

I wonder what this means...

_1247424_dell300.jpg

And if he does, there's only one player he'll be trying to sign off us

48977a.jpg

Dean Richards! This could be GLORIOUS

Newcastle made a "cheeky as Stacy Kiebler" £20m bid for Wayne Rooney.

If Freddy Sheepard thinks he can keep the fans happy by making futile bids or approaches for star players, he should go and buy Spurs.

Re: my thoughts on the Sturrock situation, You cant make chicken salad out of chicken shit, he just wasnt a good manager, which is harsh but true

Re: my thoughts on the Sturrock situation, You cant make chicken salad out of chicken shit, he just wasnt a good manager, which is harsh but true

But, will Wigley be any better?

10 managers in ten seasons is not a good record. Obviously there were situations like Strachan and Hoddle in amongst all those, but it still looks bad on Southampton. It seems, more than anything, like the chairman has a lot to answer for rather than Sturrock, who didn't get the chances that maybe he'd feel entitled to.

Well, it could be worse, I could be a pompey scum fan *shudders*, lets kick some fucking arse at Bolton tonight!

Guest wayzing
But, will Wigley be any better?

10 managers in ten seasons is not a good record. Obviously there were situations like Strachan and Hoddle in amongst all those, but it still looks bad on Southampton. It seems, more than anything, like the chairman has a lot to answer for rather than Sturrock, who didn't get the chances that maybe he'd feel entitled to.

Is Wigley a fact already?

You make a good point there. I had no idea Southampton's gone through 10 managers in ten seasons but if that's correct the problem won't get solved without a change in strategies.

So, vanhalen (you've changed nick haven't you?) how has Edman been received?

So, vanhalen (you've changed nick haven't you?) how has Edman been received?

Pretty good actually, doing a good job, its pretty shitty to be a saint right now, no one knows whats going on, and there wont be a statement till Saturday, you only have to look at www.saintschat.com to see what I mean, it could be worse tho, I could be a p*mpey fan

Well, they announced on the news that Rooney's handed in a transfer request...so it's likely he'll be in a Man United shirt by next month.

Not that we need him or anything, what with Smith/Van Nistelrooy/Saha/Bellion. But then again, it's Rooney.

Rooney got 13 yellow cards last season, and 11 goals, he aint worth £30 million

What percentage of games he was available did he start though? Moyes was trying to keep Rooney out of the spotlight and prevent him from getting burnt out. Plus, come on, what service did he have at Everton?

His performance at Euro 2004, combined with his bright future, makes him 30m ish in my book. When you consider the price Chelsea paid for Drogba, 30m for Rooney is not that steep, because I wouldn't have paid 10m for Drogba myself. Then again, I don't see Man U paid 30m. Adding Bellion into a 25m deal should be enough.

As each day passes, I love Jacques Santini a little bit more. What a great result against a decent Birmingham team, and another couple of million added to Jermain Defoe's value.

Alan Shearer's masterplan for full control of Newcastle United stepped up a gear today with the firing of Bobby Robson from the position of manager.

Rumour has it Robson was sat on former Newacastle united player, Rober Lee's shoulders at a surprise party when club captain Shearer suddenly gave Robson the thumbs down and Lee nailed an electric drop.