TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest welshjerichomark

English Football

Thanks for taking Scunnys boss, you going to get Keogh or Sharp?

Tristan Plummer looked amazing tonight for the youths, scored 2, set up 2

and did a trick where he did 7 keepy-uppys and rolled the ball across his shoulder blades.

He's already got caps for England youths, should be a future prem player if learns from the mistakes of his brother Dwayne who was our big hope in the mid 90s and had a 500k bid from Newcastle in 1996, he's now gone on to be released by

Bristol City

Bristol Rovers

Stevenage

Hornchurch

Kingstonian

Bath City(Left saying that he was playing at a level he was too good for and the fans weren't grateful to him for signing for them)

Thurrock(attacked a linesmen after being sent off)

Burscough

Kidderminster

Eastbourne Borough

Aylesbury United

Hendon

St.Albans City

Crawley Town

Gravesend

Staines Town

AFC Wimbledon

He's now at Braintree and his future there was in doubt after he signed a contract in the summer without mentioning he had a 10 game ban for 2 sendings off, he was in the squad for a match and would have played had AFC Wimbledon's secretary not rang up.

http://archive.gazette-news.co.uk/2006/8/22/238543.html

Fantastic. There's supposedly a 'gentlemen's agreement' about not taking Billy Sharp. Bugger. If we had any money I'd advocate being ungentlemanly. We've got the 58 year old Mark Crossley on loan, but he can sort a defence out and knows Laws from Forest, so I'll take him over Brad Jones.

How many of their team have you been linked with so far?

Thank god we didn't need an agreement when Gary left Yeovil, we just got Weale and Jevons on bosmans and Lee because of the mad man Hearts have in charge.

I've not heard much...to be honest Sharp's the only one I know from Scunthorpe. Transfers are pretty much off limits anyway, the chairman had to dig into his own pocket to fund Sam's month long loan, we've literally got nothing. That said, with Tudgay and Burton clicking again, the keeper was the only area that needed filling. The squad's alright really, now the customary injury torrent is over.

Didn't see the Ipswich game, but Bullen got man of the match at centre half, which is nice, and our other one Bougherra scored. We kept Alan Lee in check which is pretty encouraging. Not sure how much Crossley had to do, but it's an away clean sheet and you get the impression he wants to be here infinitely more than Brad Jones did.

Thoughts on last night?

Thought that it was an awful game with two sides who couldn't pass a ball.

We're still trying to put Lampard and Gerrard in the same side, tried a 4-3-3 and then had Rio playing the long ball into the corners and Robinson is someone who would probably have been 3rd choice at best 10 years ago.

Richards looked good, hope Pearce doesn't stick him as CB.

Thoughts on last night are a resounding 'feh', but then that's England and me, never quite got on. Robinson has made enough errors now to warrant sticking someone else in for the next friendly, certainly. I care not for Andrew Johnson on the right. I suppose he should be kind of grateful to be there in the first place.

3-1 isn't bad for 9 men I suppose. Not looking forward to Cardiff or West Brom though, so I would have rather got something out of that game going in to a couple we'll probably lose (esp without brunt OR small) Bullen can't fill in on both wings! He actually got sent off last time he played wide right as well....

P-9 W-7 D-1 L-1

P-9 W-3 D-1 L-5

Our Home and Away form, the Away losses were to teams I'd expect to beat us on their own pitch(Bradford,Huddersfield,Tranmere,Forest and Yeovil)

Though not to derail the thread, but did anyone just see that save from Celtic on the PK kick by Man U.

Yes, what a great save

The free kick by Nakamura was fucking awesome.

My favorite sports moment last year was Benfica taking out Man U from the Champions League,hopefully they can do it again in two weeks.

Theo Walcott looked good tonight, 2 assists in 15 minutes, nice seeing an English player run at defenders and then stick the ball in the box.

That's all well and good, but he can't really play for England on the wing, can he?

Gerrard and Cole won't be disloged while McLaren is in charge.

Haven't been to this thread for a while.

Derby are up to join fourth now, seven away wins from ten away games.

It's a good season to be a Derby fan.

We could do with a big man up front to do the job Howard's doing for you. It's pretty obvious to see now that Noel- Williams would have been a good signing after all - I eat my humble pie on that one. Having a physical presence up front is still essential in this league unless you have a Pompey/Reading squad one season with the overall quality to stroll to promotion. Iain Hume is a good player but playing with another small striker in Matt 'can't be arsed' Fryatt we can't cause defences enough problems.

What about the midfield service? We easily have one of the worst midfields in the championship, we're currently playing a full-back in centre mid.

But hey, Milan Mandaric thinks we're premiership bound so who am I to argue?

We beat your reserves 2-1 "behind closed doors" at the Walkers the other day, you got an important player coming back from an injury?

We're in the 3rd round of the FA Youth Cup after beating Brighton 3-0, Plummer again looking the best player on the pitch.

I think we had a couple of midfielders coming back from injury who needed a game before the weekend. I know Gareth Williams definately played and probably Wesolowski as well. Our only two midfielders of any use to us at the moment.

EDIT - Just read somewhere that neither will play on saturday...at the moment anyway, according to the manager. They don't know if they're coming or going themselves so i'm fucked if I know what's happening.

Plummer's now in discussions about a Professional Contract when he turns 17 in January, with Tony Fawthrop(18 years as Scout, Manager and Academy boss) now at Everton we need him signed as quick as possible.

We have not lost in 6 games (5 league wins in a row)...this site is a curse, I know it...so.....ARGHH WE'LL LOSE THE NEXT GAME AND IT'S TSM'S FAULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haven't been to this thread for a while.

Derby are up to join fourth now, seven away wins from ten away games.

It's a good season to be a Derby fan.

But hey, Milan Mandaric thinks we're premiership bound so who am I to argue?

Derby 1 Leicester 0

:D

0-0 at Swansea, can't complain about that, got 80 minutes out of Brooker as well.

Forest away in the JPT wednesday, a nice 1-0 defeat with no injuries would do me.

Beat Forest after pens, in the Area Semi Finals we'll get Shrewsbury, Brighton or Bristol R*****.

Jevons scored a good one tonight, while Morgan(Forest's best CB) was having treatment he scored a great bicycle kick from a Lee J cross.

Fair play to Basso as well, saved 2 pens and has been faultless since September, now Weale's fit we should have 2 Keepers competing for the spot for the first time in years.