TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest welshjerichomark

English Football

2-0, another Clean Sheet and another good performance from McCombe, not bad for a team with a DM on the Left Wing(Scored 3 in 4) and a Right Back who's only played there for 3 weeks.

Pompey losing 1-0 at half time. Grrrr.

In an unexpected sad bit of news, Uruguayan strinker Dario Silva has had a leg amputated and is in a serious condition after being involved in a car crash.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=4...leg+after+crash

It's a shame, he was a good player, and only left us in February. Hope he maages to pull through.

Won 1-0 at Bournemouth, 1 shot on target and 1 goal, Skuse and JMW both picked up injuries and Carey and Jamie McAllister are suspended for Brentford away in a few weeks, glad we've got Fontaine and Woodman to come in for that one.

The Bournemouth fans seemed impressed by Carey and McCombe

"Fletcher - Woeful. Dominated in the air, second to everything on the ground.

Hayter - Quietest game for ages but City's centre back partnership were outstanding. Proper centre halfs."

"Ive never seen Fletch so out-classed as he was tonight. Their defence won EVERY header throughout the whole game whilst we allowed their 5ft 9inch striker(Jevons) to head the winner."

A consortium involving Ricky Hatton's promoter are still trying to get in at Wednesday. One of the difficulties there is that a group called Wednesdayite own about 15%, stopping anyone taking over completely by buying out the chairman, and hurting the club in the long run. I'd quite like to see Milan Mandaric get in actually. I'm bizarrely confident about the Sunderland game.

I know at least one guy who's gonna try and offload his season ticket if we lose to Barnsley. Talbot was on target for the reserves this week and it's great just to see him playing again, but I'm scared to death, they score 10x the amount of goals we do, and we're at home, which is never good...

Forest 0 Scunthorpe 4

Just when you think youve seen it all....

Pathetic performance from England too. I really question whether the majority of players actually give a shit about England.

Billy Sharp! Tremendous...Scunthorpe being able to keep a clean sheet at the other end is news also...Yeah I hate all England players except Crouch because he represents those of us who are different. Still, it's only England, eh? Who cares?

Macedonia did well. By the end, I was wanting them to hold out for the draw, because England really didn't deserve to win.

England drawing at home to Macedonia, Scotland beatin France, Wales losing 5-1 at home to Slovakia, Republic losing 5-2 to Cyprus and Northern Ireland getting a draw in Denmark must go down as one if the strangest international weekends.

1-1 at Brentford, not bad considering other results and Carey being suspended, next four games are Crewe,Forest,Doncaster and Yeovil which I'd hope gives us 8/9 points.

Its just not worth caring about the England team anymore, how can the common man relate to multi millionaires who only care about squeezing an extra 10k per week from their contracts, and the bling, fame, trophy girlfriends?

I sound like my dad, but its pretty much true.

I reckon a team of English players from the Championship could have done as well if not better than that 11.

This team wouldn't be that bad actually, an O'Neill type Manager in charge and they'd beat us.

Murray

Gilbert C. Davies Purse Robinson

? Dunn Whitehead McSheffrey

Chopra Nugent

Its just not worth caring about the England team anymore, how can the common man relate to multi millionaires who only care about squeezing an extra 10k per week from their contracts, and the bling, fame, trophy girlfriends?

See, the problem with a lot of fans (the kind of people who text in to the newspaper in unintelligable language wanting McClaren strung up by the 'bll5') only complain when England lose or put in a bad performance. When England win, we're next World Champions. Most fans are so fickle.

McClaren's gone from hero to zero, Beckham's gone from outcast to the missing link in the England team, all from one 0-0 draw. You watch, one win against Croatia and everybody will be praising "World Class" Frank Lampard as if nothing happened, Stewart Downing will be the new English hero and all the booing and crapping on someone playing for his country will be forgotten (Crouch, Hargreaves).

At least Gerrard is suspended next game. I thought Beckham drifted in from the right too much, Gerrard was playing on the bloody left half the match.

We've had at least 10 games like in the last 4 years, it's just that we didn't get a goal to paper over the cracks.

Most of the fickle fans honestly believe the "6 or 7 World Class players" and "we have 4 or 5 players that would walk into any team" stuff we get every tournament.

Referee Martin Hansson swapped shirts with Andriy Shevchenko after the match

Well, that's what I thought. I almost expected the guy to ask for an autograph during the match.

Always going to be a tough game and we deserved to lose but Miller missed a sitter at 1-0 and we could have maybe got the draw. Didn't see the England game but got a laugh out of it.

Haha, he didn't. I just made that up.

I expect this nation to get totally irrational after this loss. People were going nuts after we beat France and now it'll be Armaggedon because we lost one game and a tough one at that. If we stay unbeaten at home and pick up scraps away from home, we won't be shamed. We won't qualify (If people thought we would after Saturday and are now changing their bets again, they should get real) but I've always felt that way. We've done extremely well under Smith though and are now well up the rankings again.

However, the other home nations are on the slide clearly.

Scratch that perhaps.

Both Irelands and Wales are doing well tonight.

England however! Whatever, they'll still qualify. If they don't, McClaren should be fired*

* out of a canon, into Loch Lomond.

Nearly November and were still 2nd despite having Brooks and Enoch out for the last month, the Defence is still Great, they're even scoring goals.

"Future Premiership Keeper" Chris Weale is nearing full fitness and was on the bench yesterday, no coincidence that Basso was man of the match.

So yeah I've been away for a bit and Sturrock's gone a month after signing a four year deal. Something dodgy about that, eh? Though it may turn out to have been the right decision, the chairman has to deliver a name now, because literally nil fans wanted rid of Sturrock. I'll concede he had this 'untouchable' aura about him after the Cardiff playoff final that tends to gloss over his errors in the eyes of most fans, but it still pissed me off. He was the best we've had since Atkinson, at any rate.

Fucking come on! Now, the dilemma is, do we want a new manager? Would one of the names flying around (Robson, Hoddle etc, oh God) have done better than two wins and a good away draw in the last three?

Pleased to see Billy Mercer is part of your recent recovery in form, well liked here and he deserves more than being a Goalkeeping Coach.

Thanks for Barry Corr, with Enoch and Brooks out he's the strong forward we need, scored tonight and will be far better support for Jevo than JMW will.

We're close to getting Lloyd Sam on a months loan, how was he for you?

Edit: Att for Orient match was 1,100 and 250 were ours, hate the competition(JP Trophy), making it an under 21 thing would be more interesting.