TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
King Cucaracha

***Smackdown Spoilers***

Guest Plushy Al Logan

So is this APA Barroom brawl/Bradshaw "Pounds" jobbers actually Gimmick Battle Royale Version 2.0.

Guest Anglesault
Angle Vs Cena with Cena going over.......

A couple of months ago, yes. Now, no.

A couple of months ago was way too early for him.

Now just isn't the right time.

They've got to keep their eyes on the prize. The more they dilute Angle/Lesnar with other people, the worse it gets.

Guest Austin3164life

I still think it's early to rush the big rematch of Angle/Lesnar at Summerslam. But there's no way, if they ever had Cena/Angle, Cena would go over Angle. Besides Cena is going to get the "elevation treatment" by Undertaker, and they're definitely going to do Angle/Lesnar II.

Guest FeArHaVoC

And WWF was really hot in 2000 so they could get away with Triple H/Rock week after week, PPV after PPV.

Guest Choken One

I actually think it's time to revive the damn HHH/Rock rivilary.

They were PURFECT for each other...

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

Now wait a second..

Velocity got taped...but Velocity is supposed to be on before the PPV..which you would think would be live like they do with heat..

anyway..

Sounds like a fun little show.

Guest Coffey

I'm not really sure what Anglesault means by saying The Big Show chokeslamming both Lesnar & Angle makes them look like jobbers. Do you just mean he shouldn't chokeslam them both at the same time? Would it be better if he did it one after the other?

I mean, c'mon, Big Show is in the match too. Lesnar and Angle both had the 3 on 1 hadicapped matches (which I know Angle won his, not sure about Brock) so it just seems to me like the WWE is trying to make everyone look good going into the PPV. Of course, no one thinks that TBS is going to win, so he gets the last offense.

It makes sense to me.

I'm not really sure what Anglesault means by saying The Big Show chokeslamming both Lesnar & Angle makes them look like jobbers. Do you just mean he shouldn't chokeslam them both at the same time? Would it be better if he did it one after the other?

I mean, c'mon, Big Show is in the match too. Lesnar and Angle both had the 3 on 1 hadicapped matches (which I know Angle won his, not sure about Brock) so it just seems to me like the WWE is trying to make everyone look good going into the PPV. Of course, no one thinks that TBS is going to win, so he gets the last offense.

It makes sense to me.

Would be a hell of a swerve if TBS actually WON though...

Guest Anglesault
I'm not really sure what Anglesault means by saying The Big Show chokeslamming both Lesnar & Angle makes them look like jobbers. Do you just mean he shouldn't chokeslam them both at the same time?

Right. Have him throw one out of the ring and chokeslam the other or something.

Having both of them get chokeslammed at the same time makes them look like Kaientai.

Guest Coffey
I'm not really sure what Anglesault means by saying The Big Show chokeslamming both Lesnar & Angle makes them look like jobbers. Do you just mean he shouldn't chokeslam them both at the same time?

Right. Have him throw one out of the ring and chokeslam the other or something.

Having both of them get chokeslammed at the same time makes them look like Kaientai.

Yeah, I can definitely understand where you're coming from in that scenario. The Big Show has always been pretty much put over as being a monster. A monster still shouldn't be able to take out the top two faces at the same time.

The Big Show better not win the title again. I don't really hate the Big Show, he just better not win the belt. He needs a character overhaul. New ring attire, new titantron, new entrance music, new moves, etc. Hell, they should start calling him something other than The Big Show as well. At least that's what I think.

One of these is not the same:

Brock Lesnar

Kurt Angle

THE BIG SHOW

It would make more sense if it was

Brock Lesnar

Kurt Angle

Paul Wight

We should be past the days of hokey gimmicks.

Guest wwF1587

well fuck this show... i see nothing that makes me want to tune in.. i wont bother with vengence either... wow they sure fucked up the first SD! only ppv almost as much as raw except there is at least a couple good - great matches.... i shall wait till september or whatever to buy the dvd if the event is good

Guest Coffey

There is no way that I'm going to miss Chris Benoit Vs. Eddie Guerrero for a title live.

Guest BionicRedneck

I'd be happier with that match if they hadn't totally botched the Eddie turn (actually, did they really even turn him?) as the crowd probably wont know who to cheer and the match will have no heat.

Guest Retro Rob
I'd be happier with that match if they hadn't totally botched the Eddie turn (actually, did they really even turn him?) as the crowd probably wont know who to cheer and the match will have no heat.

Based on the SD taping, the crowd knew exactly who to cheer for.

Guest Choken One

Darsow was in the ring at the time as Repo Man...I'm pretty sure it was Lombardi.

Very jaded, Choken, very jaded. And I don't even get to see SmackDown.

Guest Deviant

What the hell are they doing with Dragon? That is beyond ridiculous. I know they waste talent as a basic hobby, but has anyone of Dragon's talent been neglected THIS much?

The Eddie/Benoit segment sounds cool to me.

Cena gets to slap Steph's ass? That lucky, lucky man.

The barroom brawl is just another pathetic "match" that would serve as a time filler or something to cool the crowd down on any normal PPV. Vengeance seems to be part good match, part filler. Over half the show is filler crap...

The tag title match at Vengeance works for me, even if there is no storyline between the two. I don't need a reason to enjoy a good match.

John Cena cutting a promo in a flaming pentagram? Now that is cool!

Guest Choken One

I'm pretty Sure Dragon's contract just said

"You get to wrestle Mania and MSG but you must never appear on TV in between"

I'm still don't understand what the fuck a flaming pentagram is...

First off, shoot me but the Barroom Brawl's going to be entertaining filler. I mean sure, it SHOULD go to Ultimo Dragon vs Matt Hardy or whatever. But all it'll be is kind of like the Hardcore Battle Royal at Mania 2000.

A big garbage wrestling clusterfuck=more fun than the Redneck Triathalon.

If Eddie-Benoit gets less than 20 minutes, the backlash here will be unbearable.

And Rey and Kidman vs TWGTT should be good, build-up or no build-up. Probably best anyway...Kidman's cool in the ring, but he's no Rock in the promo stakes.

Guest Choken One

15 Minutes of Eddy/Benoit will be fine enough for me. Better then 15 minutes of A-Train Vs ANYONE.

Kidman is NOT cool. In any sense.

Guest Insane Bump Machine
I'm still don't understand what the fuck a flaming pentagram is...

A pentagram looks like this:

pentagram2.gif

flames look like this:

flames.jpg

You do the math.