TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kid Kablam

Jeff Hardy's Return

Guest Kid Kablam

All this news from one Indy appearance…

Jeff Hardy is being credited with driving ticket sales for Ring Of Honor. The previous highest attendance for a ROH show was 700 in queens, and the Hardy-attended show in New Jersey had over 1200 paid. It's said ticket sales picked up when Hardy was announced.

Hardy was telling people at the show that he would be returning to WWE soon. While no such talks have taken place, it is assumed that if he cleaned himself up, WWE would take him back in an instant.

He was upset with WWE for not paying him royalties from his book since he was released.

Hardy is booked for another West Coast indy date this summer, but doesn’t plan on taking on more wrestling dates at this time.

credit: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

I got this off of 411 Wrestling

THoughts?

Guest Choken One

All Jeff needs is to Bulk about 15 pounds like his brother did and stop with the paint shit and he is gold for wwe.

Hmmm....I honestly doubt that. A lot. Considering he was booed out of the building by nearly everyone except a section of screaming girls.

I think a lot of people went to the show just to see what he would do- Not because they like him. I think it's safe to say that he did draw a lot of fans to the show

that section?

Those are the ones who got those big gates for ROH

There wasn't even a section of screaming girls- There were a few screaming girls but they got drowned out by the boos the guy got.

Guest Dynamite Kido
After seeing Jeff Hardy wrestle-

In no way, shape or form should WWE even think of bringing him back

I totally agree. But I think ROH should do whatever they can do get him back. His "spotmonkey" style and the fact that he is a draw for them, should be enough to bring him back.

They should bring Jeff back and make him into a big huge heel- since the fans hate him anyway.

And then have Low Ki beat the piss out of him

Jeff didn't draw shit for that show, IMO. I'd like to think it was because it was London's farewell, and it brought out some indy fans who would have otherwise skipped it.

Jeff was the big draw for the show Zack.

I know a lot of people whose big reason for going was just to see what kind of Jeff Hardy would be there.

London's farewell didn't really have anything to do with it. A lot of the crowd didn't even know it was his last show

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

Seems to me that people don't like him and because of that think he shouldn't be a draw.

He clearly was a draw for ROH and ROH would not have brought him if he wasn't.

Guest Choken One

They don't want to admit they Jeff was a draw so they are trying to deny it...

If they came to boo him...he is still a draw.

Funny how that is eh?

WWF made it work with HTM...why can't ROH with Jeff?

Although Jeff isn't a heel as far as I could tell

I wouldn't mind having Jeff back as long as he was a heel and quit smoking crack.

A Rico/Jeff tag team right now would be.. hmm.. yeah

According to original plans, they were actually supposed to have a feud sometime this year before Jeff got himself fired. The angle was that Rico didn't like Jeff's "extreme" attitude, body paint, and dress attire because it set a bad example in fashion. Rico was supposed to go over Jeff and Jeff was gonna dress "more profressionally", I'm guessing something along the lines of RTC. Of course, while this was in planning, Rico was still the evil fasion stylist guru and not Adrian Street Jr.

Guest Memphis
They don't want to admit they Jeff was a draw so they are trying to deny it...

If they came to boo him...he is still a draw.

Funny how that is eh?

WWF made it work with HTM...why can't ROH with Jeff?

Although Jeff isn't a heel as far as I could tell

Yeah, HTM along with EVERY OTHER major heel they ever created.

Heels can draw just as much as faces. No-one here needs their intelligence insulted by having to sit through me listing all the phenominally successful and bankable heels there have been over the years.

Hardy drew cash. Live with it kids.

Guest Kamui
that section?

Those are the ones who got those big gates for ROH

That section added an extra 100-200 AT MOST! With 900-1000 without Hardy, they still would have gotten their biggest gate, because almost everyone that was there seemed to be there to see:

-AJ Styles

-Raven

-The London farewell.

From talking to people and just seeing how they reacted, those were the three big draws of that show.

-Duo

Guest acnx
And then have Low Ki beat the piss out of him

*pre-orders tape*

THAT I would pay to see.

That would be great. Ki completely fucking Jeff up for 10 minutes.

All Jeff needs is to Bulk about 15 pounds like his brother did and stop with the paint shit and he is gold for wwe.

And learn how to wrestle.

When the fuck has wrestling ability mattered in the WWE?

According to original plans, they were actually supposed to have a feud sometime this year before Jeff got himself fired. The angle was that Rico didn't like Jeff's "extreme" attitude, body paint, and dress attire because it set a bad example in fashion. Rico was supposed to go over Jeff and Jeff was gonna dress "more profressionally", I'm guessing something along the lines of RTC. Of course, while this was in planning, Rico was still the evil fasion stylist guru and not Adrian Street Jr.

Ah! It's "Queer Eye For The Straight Guy!" No wait, it's "Queer Eye For The Sexually Ambiguous Guy." Ah fuck it, it's "Queer Eye For The Other Queer Guy."