TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
King Cucaracha

The 4.0 NWA:TNA Diary

NWA:TNA- ANARCHY IN THE ASYLUM, SHOW 17

Announcers: Mike Tenay and Scott Hudson

Hardcore Match, King of the Darkmatch Title

El Midgeeto© vs Ekmo

Well...the title change didn't work. El Midgeeto still isn't over. And I have little patience. Plus, Ekmo won't job to him. So, no problem. Ekmo and Midgeeto put on a decent enough match, but in the end the crowd really didn't care. Plus, we've got the 'overall rating is lower than the average' thing going on, so that'll drag the whole show down a notch. Here, Midgeeto puts up a fight, mainly with a trash can lid shot, but gets squashed...literally...with the Flying Splash, and Ekmo wins back the 'prestigious' KOTD Title. Just for good measure, after the match Ekmo uses a steel chair to knock the youngster out. Boo! What a heel.

Winner and new KOTD: Ekmo by pinfall

Crowd: 40%

Match: 63%

Overall: 45%

Dames Rating: *1/4

(This is a lesson in 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'. Ekmo wins back the belt at the first possible opprtunity. And Midgeeto needs to get over. But seriously...the backlash against Ekmo's loss swung it for me. And, thankfully, I have come to my senses...Ekmo must remain top of the dark match world! Viva la...Ekmo!)

PPV time, and as the Pay Per View begins Bret Hart is stood in the ring just days since his disgracing and defeat at the hands of A.J Styles. Bret begins to speak on how he's through with wrestling and will now continue his commisonary duties, as suddenly here comes A.J Styles from behind, and he clotheslines Bret down! The crowd are on his back immediatly, as the stomps continue...but suddenly police swarm the ring. Cuffing the World Champion, they drag him of as Bret gains the microphone, and tells Styles that next week, the winner of tonight's main event will be facing him for the World Title...but it will be no ordinary match. It will be...A CAGE MATCH!!! Didn't we just have one of those? Oh well...

Overall: 81%

(Yes, a Cage Match next week to end the year. A year of big change for TNA...most of it coming in the past couple of months. The poor man's RoH as I know it. Or the work-rate man's WWE. Either way, Styles defends in a Cage Match next week.)

A recap of last week's face turn by CM Punk on Julio Dinero plays, followed up by a few clips of the Second City Saints in action in RoH. By the time we come back to the ring, Alexis and Dinero are in the ring. As the remaining members of The Gathering, they have issued the challenge to Punk and Cabana. And Dinero is sick and tired of being everybody's lackey, and he's taking charge...Alexis cuts him off, and informs him she's the leader. And it's her duty to introduce us to the new member of The Gathering...Doug Basham! Yes...Doug Basham. I would have brought in both Bashams...but Danny's wage demands compared to his skill are laughable. I guess that's what being a WWE wrestler for about a month'll do for your ego.

Tag Team Match

Second City Saints vs The Gathering

The Second City Saints run down the aisle soon after Doug gets in the ring, and Basham starts off fired up. Punk quickly gets isolated as Basham...well...bashes him. A double suplex puts Punk down as Dinero starts to work away, until a superkick from Punk catches him on the jaw. Punk tags Cabana, Cabana house en feugo's for a little while before Basham and Dinero doube team him. Nice teamwork for a new team. The double tag comes, but Alexis' distraction allows Basham to catch Punk from behind, and nail a snap powerbomb to get a three count for his debut. Alexis enters the ring after the match, and the beatdown begins, three on two. This is not over.

Winners: The Gathering by pinfall

Crowd: 56%

Match: 68%

Overall: 55%

Dames Rating: *

Notes: CM Punk debuted his new gimmick, it got a positive response

(CM is now no longer a lackey. Alexis will change her gimmick too. The Dinero and Punk feud is already better than the Punk-Raven one I just ended. Decent enough debut for Basham...so good all round for this. Pity about 'the show doesn't click' ratings.)

NWA US Title

Kid Kash© vs Sonjay Dutt

Dutt may not be over, but he's still a decent wrestler. I just need to find the right gimmick I guess. Judging from the crowd reaction, 'Suave' Sonjay Dutt isn't too good. The match however was great. Kash and Dutt clicked apparantly, and give a good effort to impress. Kash does the usual 'I'm the heel champion, you're a face rookie, so I'll insult you a bit' thing, embarassing the kid before his fight back. Taking the punishment and high flying moves, Kash then steals the win by countering a roll up with one of his own, and a handful of tights for good measure. Dutt tries to tell the referee about the tights, as meanwhile here comes The Amazing Red. He lays out Kash before hitting the Infra-Red, sending a message to Kash.

Winner and still US Champ: Kid Kash by pinfall

Crowd: 46%

Match: 92%

Overall: 62%

Dames Rating: ***3/4

Notes: Sonjay Dutt debuted his new gimmick, it got a negative response. The NWA US title has gained in image.

(Dutt's just earned himself a push methinks. Pity his suave gimmick didn't get off to a good start. Kash and Red meanwhile continues on, and will do so for a while.)

The Perfect Strangers rip off plays, as Shane Douglas walks out to the ring after the last match...for what, we're not sure. He takes the microphone, and moans about not being in the main event, not getting a title shot...so he's issuing an open challenge for Sunday night's year end show. Enter Ron Killings, who still wants his one on one match with Douglas. He's out to accept the match...and Douglas agrees.

Overall: 76%

Notes: Ron Killings's turn was completed, and he is now a face. Ron Killings gained overness from this turn.

(Killings had to be turned face, and this was the best way to do so. Douglas vs Killings next week...

Tag Team Match

America's Most Wanted vs Skipper and Romeo

Another example of my vast tag team division, two great teams in almost an unofficial number one contenders match. Yes...we have imaginary rankings. Back to the old days, when a win meant moving up rankings. Both teams have spells of offense with the tag team wrestling tactics we're all so accustomed to, before it seemingly comes down to Skipper and James Storm. A Tornado DDT gets a close two count for Skipper, but is then booted in the gut and hit with the Death Sentence to end it.

Winners: America's Most Wanted by pinfall

Crowd: 65%

Match: 78%

Overall: 63%

Dames Rating: **1/4

(The reason I called this an unofficial #1 contenders match is I still don't have official plans for the belts, but I have a feud with Triple X and the AMW I'd all but forgotten about.)

Backstage, a limousine pulls up in the parking lot...and out steps The Unsackable One Jeff Jarrett. Walking into the arena, we see he has a guitar in his hand, as Hudson and Tenay comment on how late he is. Hmm...

Overall: 73%

While this has been going on, it gives us time to get the Super F.R.I.E.N.D.S out into the ring. They are now wearing typical Chandler and Joey clothing...and look totally out of place in a wrestling arena. This of course is NWA:TNA's answer to S.H.I.T. I just need to find a funny set of words for F.R.I.E.N.D.S. All this dots and capitals are pissing me off, but it's worth it. They're out here to...wait, Joey stops. He's seen a female in the crowd. She's about the only one out of 3417 people paying any attention to this, so obviously she's noticable. A quick 'Hey...how you doin' actually gets a small pop from the crowd. Anyway...they're out here to introduce a F.R.I.E.N.D of theirs'. A good F.R.I.E.N.D. A F.R.I.E.N.D who can't just simply be a friend. She is Pheobe...Ward! Here comes the female formerly known as Shannon Ward...now bleach blonde and looking more feminine than usual. They meet in the ring, and then leave.

Overall: 57%

(And to think...you wanted me to have Pheobe Laree. Tsk tsk. You I'd waste her on this? Shannon Ward however was doing nothing, so she's in because it gives her something to do. Plus she already has a weirdo gimmick, so it's perfect.)

Main Event, Four Way Elimination Match

World Title #1 Contendership

Raven vs D'Lo Brown vs Ron Killings vs Shane Douglas

With A.J Styles being arrested earlier in the show, he won't be a factor in this match...a match which the crowd are hot for. With all four men in the ring at the same time, all hell breaks loose from the start, with Killings and Douglas going after each other for the majority of the match. Raven and D'Lo go after each other in the meanwhile, before the match slowly opens up a little. The first elimination comes with the Sky High on Killings by D'Lo, with a little assist from Douglas in the process. Raven and Douglas seem to team up on D'Lo from there, until Raven suddenly hits a DVD on Douglas from nowehere to eliminate him. Douglas doesn't want to leave, referee have to try and remove him...this distracts the referee in the ring, as through the crowd comes The Unsackable One(and don't you forget it), and he smashes the guitar over the head of Raven! The crowd pop, D'Lo looks surprised...but goes to the top rope regardless, and hits the Lo Down to get the pin and the title shot on Sunday night!

Winner: D'Lo Brown

Crowd: 78%

Match: 66%

Overall: 66%

Dames Rating: *1/4

(D'Lo-Styles in a Cage next week...as if I was going to go with a different ending. This one will end the feud, and hopefully it'll be a good enough match to get some extra attendance.)

Overall Rating: 66% Attendance: 3417 Buy rate: 0.21

Best Match: Kid Kash vs Sonjay Dutt

Hottest Match: D'Lo Brown vs Raven vs Ron Killings vs Jeff Jarrett

Worst Match: Ekmo vs El Midgeeto

Best Segment: Styles attacks Bret and gets arrested

Worst Segment: Pheobe Ward 'debuts' with the Super F.R.I.E.N.D.S

Jarrett and Raven are now feuding, Killings and Douglas are feuding...D'Lo-Styles ends Sunday night which begs the question where does the champ go from here? To be honest, I don't even know yet. Time will tell I guess...

Guest ToddRoyal
Anyway...they're out here to introduce a F.R.I.E.N.D of theirs'. A good F.R.I.E.N.D. A F.R.I.E.N.D who can't just simply be a friend. She is Pheobe...Ward!

*sends bomb to North Carolina* Damn you York and Matthews....

Anyway...they're out here to introduce a F.R.I.E.N.D of theirs'. A good F.R.I.E.N.D. A F.R.I.E.N.D who can't just simply be a friend. She is Pheobe...Ward!

*sends bomb to North Carolina* Damn you York and Matthews....

You might want to save that bomb...remember, there are six main characters on Friends... :P

*NEXT WEEK'S PREVIEW*

~It's Show 18. We go by shows now instead of weeks, because this is the second show of the week. Simple really. Anyway, it's the last show of the year, and it's a huge main event. A.J Styles vs D'Lo Brown, the NWA World Championship on the line inside of a fifteen foot high steel cage. The long standing battle between these two should come to a head in the cage, but who will walk out the NWA World Champion?

~Ron Killings answered the open challenge of Shane Douglas last week, and these two will go one on one to end the year. However, by mutual agreement, the two have agreed to face each other in a hardcore match.

~A very special guest has been promised to be in the Asylum this week. The only information we know is that he is a returning star. With that in mind, who could it be?

~In championship action, World Tag Team Champions Triple X defend against America's Most Wanted. These two teams are no strangers to each other certainly, and it should be a battle.

~A new X-Division number one contender will be crowned in a 4 way elimination match. Chris Sabin, Julio Dinero, CM Punk and debuting Scoot Andrews will all go for the shot, with the winner facing Frankie Kazarian next week on the first show of 2004.

~Ekmo has the night off, so Erik Watts will take up dark match duty with Watts Cooking. Special guests this week...Elix Skipper and Jonny Storm.

~US Champion Kid Kash is in action, teaming with Network team-mate Swinger to face The Amazing Red and Sonjay Dutt. All this, and much more from the year end edition of Anarchy in the Asylum.

Well, I'm back to this diary...finally.

NWA:TNA- ANARCHY IN THE ASYLUM, SHOW 18

Hell of all hells, Ekmo isn't here tonight. Erik Watts however is, and he's in the ring for the return of Watts Cooking. Tonight his guests are two men who have both issued challenges to Frankie Kazarian. What a coincidence. First off, Jonny Storm. The Brit walks out and he's not as over as I'd like him to be. So of course, he's looking for some overness osmosis from Erik Watts here. He enters the ring, as Watts quickly announces the other man as Elix Skipper. The two stand either side of Watts, and basically talk about who should be the number one contender. In the end, Skipper challenges Storm to a match next week, which is accepted.

Overall: 57%

Notes: Jonny Storm gained overness from this segment. Erik Watts lost overness from this segment

(Well this was just to start off the feud between these two, as Jonny Storm is in for a push ASAP. Hopefully they click in their match next week.)

Starting up the PPV, and Cyrus is in the ring. It seems Jerry Jarrett has been unimpressed with the situation of NWA:TNA...so he wants Cyrus to help out. He has been in consultation with the front office, and he is very pleased to announce...but suddenly he's cut off.

By bagpipes.

The crowd explode, as out walks Rowdy Roddy Piper, who's obviously the returning star. Old or not, he's over like crazy. Cyrus is in shock, as Piper enters the ring. Big Piper chants as Cyrus tries to cut them off. Piper stops him, and informs everyone he has returned to the NWA:TNA. As usual, he takes a pop at the WWE, but his main focus is business. He's here not to wrestle, but to manage. And he's also here to shake up the NWA:TNA, and try and make it a force in proffesional wrestling. Good for him. Cyrus starts up with the fat jokes and then the age jokes, but doesn't get very far as Piper fights back with insults like only he can. Piper finishes up by announcing he will be back later on, before leaving.

Overall: 90%

Notes: Cyrus gained overness from this segment

(Oh yes...Roddy Piper is in. Russo's gone so there's no disliking problems. Piper should be a good signing, if he can get some of my roster over. Speaking of which, he'll be back later in the show...but why?)

Tag Team Match

Kid Kash and Swinger vs Amazing Red and Sonjay Dutt

It seems Dutt could be one for the future...once I find a good role for him. Last week Kash beat Dutt in a US Title Match, and Kash is feuding with Red. Swinger is a Network pal of Kash, so everything fits into place. Red and Kash take on most of the match, and end up in the ring at the end. Dutt and Swinger brawl on the outside, as in the ring Red gets set to hit a powerbomb, but Kash falls forward through the move into a pin for a three count from nowhere. Kash and Swinger escape quickly, celebrating up the ramp as a replay shows Kash using a steel chain to knock Red out in mid powerbomb. Another cheap win for Kash.

Winners: Kid Kash and Swinger by pinfall

Crowd: 56%

Match: 87%

Overall: 71%

Dames Rating: ***

(The Red/Kash feud rages on, and yet again Kash gets a heelish cheap win. Once again, I get a good match involving Dutt and Kash. If I can find the right gimmick for Dutt, then he may become the wrestler of 2004 for TNA...providing I don't get fire at the end of the month.)

Four Way Elimination Match, X-Division #1 Contendership

CM Punk vs Julio Dinero vs Chris Sabin vs Scoot Andrews

In the end, I couldn't resist signing Scoot. He's in, and of course Dinero and Punk are feuding. It shows as they opt to start this match, tags being in effect for this one. Punk and Dinero pound the hell out of each other, until a tag is made by Sabin from Dinero. From there, Sabin and Punk take up most of the match, before Punk is blind tagged by an impatient Dinero. A lind clothesline to the back of the head is Punk's answer to that, as Sabin hits the Future Shock to eliminate Dinero. Scoot enters the match and NWA:TNA for the first time, and the second fall lasts for a good 7 minutes before Punk gets hit with a vicious kick to block a top rope jump and get the three to take out Punk. Down to Scoot and Sabin, Andrews hits a kick on Sabin to get a close nearfall. In the end, the new guy does the job, and a Future Shock ends it with a win for Sabin.

Winner: Chris Sabin

Crowd: 60%

Match: 80%

Overall: 70%

Dames Rating: **1/4

(Sabin vs Kazarian next week...these number one contenders matches are full of surprises. Sabin still does not hold a victory over Frankie Kazarian...will that change next week?)

NWA Tag Team Titles

Triple X© vs America's Most Wanted

This is probably one of the most reliable matches of NWA:TNA...it'll almost always get good ratings all round. Even though Low Ki and Daniels are in a dislike relationship suddenly, I don't want to split the team, so I've kept them together. Sure, a feud between them would draw major money, but this is still a feud. The usual nice mix of wrestling, brawling and high spots from these four guys, America's Most Wanted come close to winning on a number of occasions. Towards the end of the match, Low Ki suddenly pulls a chain from his tights. You'd think that'd hurt...having a chain down there. Especially if it begins to tangle... Back to the match, Low Ki goes to use the chain with a right hand but Storm sees it coming and blocks, before taking the chain himself. One chained right hand to the head, and a three count for new Tag Team Champions! Or not...because here comes Brian Hebner(boo!), telling the referee that Storm used a chain. The decision is quickly reversed, the belts are returned to Triple X, and the AMW are furious.

Winners and still Tag Champs: Triple X by dusty finish DQ

Crowd: 73%

Match: 88%

Overall: 80%

Dames Rating: ***1/2

(Hebner should be my biggest heel right now. EWR 5.0 needs referee angles. And Heel Coachman. I demand it.)

Suddenly, here comes Roddy Piper again. He stops on the stage, forcing America's Most Wanted to take a side exit. You can't get in the Hot Scot's way. He back out here, and it's time to make an impact. He's here in NWA:TNA to manage...and to manage some select athletes to greatness. He's seen the treatment foriegners get 'up in Stamford', and he doesn't want it to happen here...especially not to his fellow countrymen. He's here to give the guidance needed to make these kids great. And these kids? Well...they're El Midgeeto, Gary Steele and Jonny Storm. The three come out, and with Piper leading things, these men will revolutionise NWA:TNA...for they are the geniously named British Revolution.

Overall: 84%

(Three guys who all need overness, and are all Brits. So they are the most needy of Piper's managerial services. And I don't mean 'managerial services' in the WWE Stacy and Torrie sense of the words. Piper is here in the old school manager role. To help un-over wrestlers get over. Not to be fought over in pointless hoss feuds.)

Hardcore Match

Shane Douglas vs Ron Killings

This one is personal. Or rather, it's a feud. There wasn't too much basis for the feud, but by god they hate each other now! A hardcore match at 'both men's request', this was a brawl. Chairs, trash can lids, tables...your usual WWE hardcore fodder all got used. Both men went for the win on many occasions, each time getting only nearfalls. Douglas, being the heel he is, wins by placing his feet on the ropes with a roll-up. What a heel...he even cheats in hardcore matches. After the match however, the fights continues, with both men brawling through the crowd and then backstage. The feud continues.

Winner: Shane Douglas by pinfall

Crowd: 83%

Match: 62%

Overall: 76%

We then get a video highlighting the feud between A.J Styles and D'Lo Brown, which has been going on for a good few months. Tonight...it ends. Inside of a steel cage. And it's next.

Overall: 71%

NWA World Title, Cage Match

A.J Styles© vs D'Lo Brown

Nice even match...crowd got into it. Styles was on the offense for most of the match, but in the end D'Lo got the advamtage for long enough to hit the Lo Down, before both men clambered up the cage. A fight on the cage was stopped with a D'Lo right, Styles scrashed to the mat and D'Lo escaped to end the feud and take the World Title for the first time in his career.

Winner and NEW World Champ: D'Lo Brown by escape

Crowd: 81%

Match: 76%

Overall: 79%

Dames Rating: **1/2

Overall Rating: 78% Attendance: 3452 Buy rate: 0.20

Best Match: Kid Kash vs Sonjay Dutt

Hottest Match: D'Lo Brown vs Raven vs Ron Killings vs Jeff Jarrett

Worst Match: Ekmo vs El Midgeeto

Best Segment: Styles attacks Bret and gets arrested

Worst Segment: Pheobe Ward 'debuts' with the Super F.R.I.E.N.D.S

Best show ever...nice way to end the year. More will come soon...sooner than it took to put this show up.

It's the end of the year, and the results are out for the top 100 wrestlers as voted for by 'grapplefanatics staff'. Anyway, the top three are...

1- Chris Jericho

2- Kurt Angle

3- A.J Styles

And the current TNA Workers that are on the list...(there's quite a few former workers of course, due to my many roster cuttings)...

3- A.J Styles

4- Low Ki

5- Chris Daniels

9- Kid Kash

20- Scoot Andrews

21- CM Punk

37- D'Lo Brown

39- Ikuto Hidaka

57- Jeff Jarrett

60- Masato Tanaka

63- Colt Cabana

92- Julio Dinero

93- Kid Romeo

94- Chris Hero

95- Elix Skipper

96- Jimmy Rave

100- Swinger

The BIG news however is you are watching Fox! NWA:TNA have announced a Television deal with Fox for a late evening show on Thursday night. Indirect competition with the WWE at last. So the weekly PPV's are out, and our first monthly PPV event will be Quest for the Gold on January 25th. Of course the main event will be the 'Don't call it a Royal Rumble Match, it's a Quest for the Gold Match and don't you forget it' Match, with 30 men going for the #1 contendership to the World Title.

Also, RoH have a new graveyard slot for RoH Thursday. So they now have two graveyard wrestling shows. Only a matter of time before they're nipping at my heels.

The bad news is, I lose money again. Only 905,000 this time. I say only...I lost 4 million the first month. So anyway, Jerry Jarrett's not happy, the bank I loaned 400,000 off are pissed cause I'm still in negative numbers for money...and this ride could end at any time. So, February's PPV has aptly been named End of the Line...just incase.

Now I have a T.V show...changes must be made. Namely...the King of the Darkmatch Title is useless...because there's no darkmatch spot. But never fear, because it has now become the NWA Hardcore Title. Ekmo's greatness shall reign on. And C.W Anderson has been offered an open contract...but Bret Hart has left the company.

Well, time for a Foxy edition of...

*NEXT WEEK'S PREVIEW*

~NWA:TNA enters the unknown of network television, with a big main event. New NWA:TNA World Champion D'Lo Brown has sent out an open challenge, and will face off against Jeff Jarrett. However, will Raven and A.J Styles play their part in proceedings?

~The X-Division is on the line, as Frankie Kazarian goes one on one with Chris Sabin. Sabin does not hold a victory over Kazarian since Anarchy in the Asylum began. Can he change the records, and in the process regain his X-Division Title.

~Also Jonny Storm will take on Elix Skipper one on one. America's Most Wanted take on The Gathering. And with only six spots on the show...that's about it as far as announced matches go. More is sure to happen though on a big night in TNA's history.

Guest Dave O'Neill, Journalist

Hey, congrats on the TV Deal, but you could still have a KOTD Title, if you kept Ekmo off TV until each PPV

Actually just a few things to comment on. Good show BTW. Great to hear about the TV deal.

If you haven't signed at least 10 people to contracts, do so. You'll get house show revenues. Also remember to change the ticket prices to what would normally be charged for running Monthly Events. Don't overkill yourself.

Also, if you are using anyone long term, sign them as well. This will make things easier for you to book as they aren't by per apperance but per month. Mostly if you have feuds going, sign those people to contracts. Perferably two years as most people feel stable with those contracts.

Now then, something I will warn you of is people with Japanese commitments actually become quite challenging to book and at about this point, they start becoming liabilities when it comes to booking. As if you want to feud them or such, you must depend upon another person to get the fued over. Sure, it's sometimes fun to do, but if you've got multiple shows, it starts becoming a pain.

One other note, there IS a darkmatch apparently in EWR. It's your very first match is supposed to be your darkmatch. Or so Adam says. So if you want, you can have your Deathmatch Division still going. Again, challenging to book as you basically have to build it up for the very next show if you do it this way. Personally, I don't care for how Adam states that first slot so I choose that it's part of the regular show. It's all up to you though.

Hopefully this might help you out a little.

Thanks for the comments and advice. Flik, I've got a couple of guys like D'Lo and Cyrus on written contracts, and I'm going to sign a load more to written contracts. I'm actually running 4 houseshows which I didn't realise about.

But to be honest, I'm about $3 million in debt already, so I'm just running this one out until bankrupcy. If I can prolong it, then I will...but I've got a more Deacon/Zack style fed lined up anyway.

Guest Dave O'Neill, Journalist

And....big announcement, so do I.......

Frontier Universal Championship Kombat......coming soon

NWA:TNA- ANARCHY IN THE ASYLUM, SHOW 19

Tag Team Match

America's Most Wanted vs The Gathering

The Match: Flying shoulder tackle by Storm sends Dinero CRASHING to the mat. Big piledriver on Dinero. There's a two count on the pin. Storm tags out to Chris Harris. America's Most Wanted whip Dinero into the ropes and hit a double backdrop. BIG clothesline on Dinero. Hooks the leg for a two count. Wildcat slams Julio Dinero. Julio Dinero pulls a mule kick out of nowhere. Wildcat walks into a face crusher variation. Has anyone's face ever really been crushed by one though? Tag between Julio Dinero and Doug Basham. Rude Awakening neckbreaker on Chris Harris by Basham. Remember when that was a legit finish? Spear by Doug Basham. Chris Harris once again takes the advantage after blocking a few punches and connecting with some forearms. Wildcat tags out to James Storm. Nice piledriver on Basham. Death valley driver by James Storm! No one executes that move properly anymore. Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! James Storm connects with rights and lefts and Doug Basham is down! Basham counters a backdrop attempt with a kick to the face and hit a clothesline! Spear by Doug Basham. Triple X come running down the aisle and into the ring! Storm turns...and is dropped with a double DDT! Storm in big trouble. James Storm can barely stand. Here it comes - Smash 'em Basham. 1....2...3, it's finished. The Gathering rush forward to attack! America's Most Wanted get caught by surprise and brutally beaten down to the canvas.

Winners: The Gathering by pinfall

Match: 67%

Overall: 63%

(First up...yes, I have gotten lazier and I am using Dames' commentary for the diary. Hell...I'll probably be out of business soon anyway, so it won't matter that much. Here is an example of how I have a good Tag Division, so I might as well use it. Logic. Unfortunately, this game doesn't think Doug Basham is any good, which dragged the match down. Plus, I find it funny in hindsight that America's Most Wanted got beaten up twice, and lost the match, but didn't lose any overness. Sure, 'it worked for the Posse'...but where are they now?)

Backstage, it's un-over Brit Jonny Storm, and over Brit Roddy Piper. Of course, Piper is here to handle Storm's interview ahead of Storm vs Skipper. It just occured to me...why are there so many wrestlers in the world with the last name 'Storm'? Lance, Jonny, Quiet, Devon, Rio...it's become almost as generic of a name as Dudley. Anyway, Piper handles the interview, which saves it from mediocrity...or less.

Overall: 77%

X-Division Match

Jonny Storm vs Elix Skipper

The Match: STIFF high kick on Skipper by Jonny Storm. Jonny Storm kicks the leg, knocks Skipper down, and goes to work on it. Jonny uses a basement dropkick to the knee and it looks like it might be TIME TO GO TO SCHOOL~! Second rope flying axe handle, Skipper goes down. One day, Jonny might even consider coming off the top with that. You know...for more impact and stuff. Jonny drops an elbow...but Elix Skipper moves out of the way. Skipper uses a basement dropkick to the knee and it looks like it might be TIME TO GO TO SCHOOL~! SUPER frankensteiner on Jonny, who hit hard and is loopy as a result. Covers for a quick two count. Jonny blocks the suplex attempt and is able to hit the suplex instead! Jonny crushes Skipper with a running senton. Hooks the leg for a two count. Vicious kick to the teeth from Jonny Storm. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! Skipper reverses a Jonny Storm hammerlock. Skipper hits a HARD spinning kick to the jaw. Jonny Storm elbows Elix Skipper in the face to break a hammerlock. Jonny uses a basement dropkick to the knee and it looks like it might be TIME TO GO TO SCHOOL~! Elix Skipper gets knocked to the ground by Jonny, who is already climbing the turnbuckle. Off the top - Swandive Headbutt hit hard. Kid Romeo slides into the ring out of nowhere! Jonny takes a stiff punch to the face and falls to the canvas. The referee calls for the DQ as Kid Romeo continues to attack Jonny. Skipper and Romeo are putting the boots to Jonny Storm! Gary Steele comes running down the aisle with a chair! He slides in, sending Skipper and Romeo running for cover. Gary Steele saved Jonny from a major beating.

Winner: Jonny Storm by DQ

Crowd: 51%

Match: 79%

Overall: 65%

Dames Rating: **

Notes: Elix Skipper lost overness from this match. Jonny Storm gained overness from this match

(Dames needs to learn...a dropkick to the knee is JUST a transition move. Sheesh. These two put on a decent match, which is good seeing as they're feuding. The DQ decision keeps this feud running on, and the nature of it brings Gary Steele into things. Which isn't a bad thing, Steele is a decent enough wrestler, and not earning overly much. Which, considering my state, means a push. It's a pity he's like Storm...lacking in charisma.)

X-Division Title

Frankie Kazarian© vs Chris Sabin

The Match: Sabin uses a basement dropkick to the knee and it looks like it might be TIME TO GO TO SCHOOL~! Super kick by Chris Sabin. Hooks the leg for a two count. Sabin goes for a splash but Kazarian puts the knees up. Frankie Kazarian strikes Sabin. Frankie Kazarian hits a rolling kick on Sabin. Konnan has ruined any chance for me ever enjoying this maneuver again with his shitty execution of it. Hooks the leg for a two count. Diamond Dust from Frankie Kazarian and Sabin is out! Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! Second rope flying axe handle, Sabin goes down. One day, Kazarian might even consider coming off the top with that. You know...for more impact and stuff. Sabin counters a sleeper with a jaw breaker and is able to get free! Flying cross body off the top rope! Covers for a quick two count. Power drive elbow by Chris Sabin. That sounds like a feature on a 4 x 4, doesn't it. Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. Kazarian takes a flying neckbreaker from Chris Sabin. Standing leg lariat by Chris Sabin on Kazarian. Kazarian kicks Chris Sabin in the gut to reverse the momentum. Flying elbow from Frankie Kazarian connects. Back heel kick off the second rope, Sabin goes down. Chris Sabin gets whipped into the corner by Kazarian, who charges in with a clothesline. Sabin grabs the referee and pulls him in the way! The referee calls for the DQ as he collapses to the mat in pain. Chris Sabin gets out of the ring and walks off, having taken the cheap way out. Sabin grabs the referee, then nails him with a right hand! Dozens of people hit the ring to stop any further incident.

Winner and still X-Division Champ: Frankie Kazarian by DQ

Match: 73%

Overall: 66%

Dames Rating: *1/2

(Well...that was a letdown. I guess Kazarian isn't the best choice for the X-Title after all. Maybe I should give it to Sabin, who's so amazing he can punch a referee in the ring...despite having walked off to the back. That's pretty darn empressive. Maybe I should rename him 'Stretch Sabin'. Or maybe I should do that for my next fed, WWW. I've admitted defeat, sooner or later I'm going to go bankrupt. So I'll run this out, and then it's Gillberg, Doink, Kurrgan and Ekmo all the way. You're looking forward to that now. The Sabin-Kazarian feud rolls on for now though...I'm not done yet in TNA.)

Interview time again...Douglas rips on Killings. Yes, they're feuding. This one will be going on for a while, and both these men have been announced as participants in the 'Don't call it a Royal Rumble Match, it's a Quest for the Gold Match and don't you forget it' Match, along with A.J Styles. More to be announced soon enough.

Overall: 77%

NWA World Title

D'Lo Brown© vs Jeff Jarrett

The Match: D'Lo slams Jeff Jarrett. Jeff Jarrett is able to duck a clothesline attempt and connect with a counter clothesline. Jeff Jarrett hits some punches. How generic. The referee bumps after catching a wild right hand and is down. Jeff Jarrett scores with a standing spinebuster. Cover, but there's no one to count for Jeff Jarrett! D'Lo reverses a waistlock. Running knee lift from D'Lo Brown. D'Lo Brown hits a bulldog off the ropes. Covers for a quick two count. Spear! Jarrett is down! Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. Jeff Jarrett comes up with a right hand out of nowhere. Jarrett hits a piledriver on D'Lo Brown. That used to end matches, you know. Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! D'Lo backdrops Jeff Jarrett out of a piledriver attempt. That took a lot out of D'Lo Brown. Raven just slid into the ring out of nowhere! Raven has a chair, and drops D'Lo and Jarrett with devastating blows, causing the referee to call for the bell. This match has been ruled a no contest! Raven has a chair. D'Lo turns and takes a brutal shot to the head. Jarrett is next to take a hard shot. Raven has demolished everyone!

No Contest

Crowd: 75%

Match: 89%

Overall: 82%

Dames Rating: ***1/2

Notes: The NWA World title has gained in image

(Damn...***1/2 for Jeff Jarrett. I'm not ecstatic about paying Jarrett 85,000 a month, but still. I guess he does have some uses. A cop out decision again. Which means only one out of four matches finished clean. If that's not a good advert for TNA, I don't know what is. And this is without Russo on board. At least I got a good match, a little more image for the title...and a decent first show.)

Overall Rating: 73% Attendance: 2003 T.V rating: 4.56

Best Match: D'Lo Brown vs Jeff Jarrett

Hottest Match: D'Lo Brown vs Jeff Jarrett

Worst Match: The Gathering vs AMW

Best and Worst joint segments: Douglas interview and Piper/Storm interview

Well that was a good start. Sure, it was non finish city, but I got the ratings, both T.V and overall, that I wanted. Attendance is of course down, seeing as I increased prices a touch. Time to see if Fox want a primetime wrestling show...

Well, success finally. Fox have decided to promote TNA in the Asylum to Primetime viewing...which means going head to head with WWE Smackdown. So what if they're on 100%PI...I can still beat them. Right? Oh well, even if not, I've got more slots than usual to work with now, which will probably mean more appearance payouts, but also more matches and...you know, stuff.

*NEXT WEEK'S PREVIEW*

~Raven struck last week during the main event, taking out both D'Lo Brown and Jeff Jarrett during their Heavyweight Title Match, causing a no contest. Raven seems to be seeking recognition in TNA, as well as the blood of Jeff Jarrett. An announcement has been promised on this situation...but what will this announcement be, and who will make it now former Commisioner Bret Hart left NWA:TNA?

~Meanwhile, D'Lo is in action, defending the NWA World Title against Slash.

~This week a tag team tournament begins to find number one contenders to the Tag Titles. 8 teams will enter the tournament, with the four first round matches being this week. The matches themselves aren't known, but the 8 teams involved are The Gathering, America's Most Wanted, Skipper and Romeo, The Super F.R.I.E.N.D.S, SAT, Swinger and Diamond, Second City Saints and debutants The Briscoe Boys. The winners will meet Triple X for the belts at Quest for the Gold, live on PPV.

~A four way elimination match for the X-Division title will see Frankie Kazarian, Chris Sabin, Jack Xavier and Sonjay Dutt do battle. This, plus more, as TNA ventures into Primetime viewing.