TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
nl5xsk1

Jericho & Goldber should align themselves

With hhh & Orton already in their alliance together, and Michaels & Nash being all buddy-buddy again last night, where does that leave Goldberg & Jericho? Answer: Outnumbered heading into the Elimination Chamber.

So, I think that Jericho should approach Goldberg about joining forces and watching each others back. It would add a little intrigue going into the PPV, with people wondering if Goldberg can trust Jericho or not. Then, at the PPV, Jericho turns on Goldberg and further cements himself as a heel.

Hey, I know it's a shitty idea and it's probably too late to build properly, but I think it would be a good way to actually give time, attention and added drama to ALL participants in the Elimination Chamber.

Guest MissMattitude
So, I think that Jericho should approach Goldberg about joining forces and watching each others back. It would add a little intrigue going into the PPV, with people wondering if Goldberg can trust Jericho or not. Then, at the PPV, Jericho turns on Goldberg and further cements himself as a heel.

1. Goldberg is a face and Jericho isn't.

2. Jericho doesn't need to cement his heel status, he's the biggest one on Raw.

3. Goldberg doesn't get a good enough reaction for people to care.

Guest Fook

Goldberg's character is more of a lone wolf type. I don't see him teaming with anyone, much less a supposed enemy who he just had a huge feud with two months ago.

So, I think that Jericho should approach Goldberg about joining forces and watching each others back.  It would add a little intrigue going into the PPV, with people wondering if Goldberg can trust Jericho or not.  Then, at the PPV, Jericho turns on Goldberg and further cements himself as a heel.

I actually like this idea.

1. While Goldberg is a face, he's been booed a number of times and at every PPV so far. With the fans inclined to boo him instead of cheer, this may work.

2. Jericho is a great heel, yes...but sadly, as long as Triple H is the World Champion and getting a ton of time focused on him, Jericho won't be perceived as THE heel on Raw unless he wins the title AND given the attention he deserves.

3. That's precisely why you do it. To get the reaction "rub" off of Jericho.

Dames

Guest MissMattitude
So, I think that Jericho should approach Goldberg about joining forces and watching each others back.   It would add a little intrigue going into the PPV, with people wondering if Goldberg can trust Jericho or not.  Then, at the PPV, Jericho turns on Goldberg and further cements himself as a heel.

1. While Goldberg is a face, he's been booed a number of times and at every PPV so far. With the fans inclined to boo him instead of cheer, this may work.

2. Jericho is a great heel, yes...but sadly, as long as Triple H is the World Champion and getting a ton of time focused on him, Jericho won't be perceived as THE heel on Raw unless he wins the title AND given the attention he deserves.

Dames

Jericho is percieved as the heel on Raw by the fans, but hell will freeze over before the McMahons feel the same therefore it's not really going to make a difference to his status as a heel there.

I don't agree with the "Goldberg's a face and Jericho's a heel" argument. This type of angle has been used in pro wrestling for decades. It's supposed to add intrigue by making the viewer wonder if the heel is really interested in making peace with the face.

If there was enough time to build it up properly, you could have scenarios where the two heels (hhh & Orton) were beating up on Goldberg only to have Jericho make the save. Or HBK and Nash could be doubleteaming Jericho and then Goldberg makes the save. So, (in theory) the fans begin to actually cheer for Jericho for aligning with Goldberg, only to hate him more when he ends up turning on Goldberg and the fans.

Not all swerves have to be Russo-esque piles of confusing crap.

So, I think that Jericho should approach Goldberg about joining forces and watching each others back.   It would add a little intrigue going into the PPV, with people wondering if Goldberg can trust Jericho or not.  Then, at the PPV, Jericho turns on Goldberg and further cements himself as a heel.

Dames

Jericho is percieved as the heel on Raw by the fans, but hell will freeze over before the McMahons feel the same therefore it's not really going to make a difference to his status as a heel there.

Um, no he's not. That's all I have to say. Kane is basically the top heel on RAW with Flair and HHH tied for second.

RVDMark4:20, if you're sole purpose is to insult and not contribute to the conversation at hand, then I suggest you take it to NHB. Consider this an unofficial warning.

Rudo, while they hate each other, Jericho's character would be willing to put that aside in order to get an advantage in the Chamber. It's Goldberg who would have to mull over the decision.

Dames

I would love it if Jericho could align himself with Goldberg vs. HHH/Orton. But I don't see why or how that could ever work. It just doesn't book right.

I suppose HHH could backstab Jericho first, but I just don't buy that. Maybe Jericho could pin Orton? HHH would definitely have to pedigree Jericho, and then immediately get speared by Berg so that Jericho would feel VERY betrayed but still be in the match. Then Jericho could turn on HHH and Orton and make it an even 2 on 2 for a while, until say orton was eliminated and then ...

I don't know. How can we explain away Nash AND HBK being eliminated before Jericho? Orton can and will probably job early enough. But all three faces seem to be higher on the list than Jericho. I see Jericho being eliminated early unfortunately. Which sucks, because didn't he shine in the last one?

I mean I think we've all wanted to book around Jericho more than HHH, or at least more than the rest of revolution. But in today's WWE, I've learned to stop being expectant or optimistic.

Edited by EricMM

I think that it's too late to build to a partnership between Jericho and Goldberg. It would have needed to have begun a few weeks ago, with a few weeks of discussion about watchign each others backs, then a few weeks of each of them saving each other from attacks/beatdowns, then a week or so where they actually tag (e.g. a 3 way the week before the PPV where it's Evolution vs. Nash/Michaels vs. Goldberg/Jericho.)

Then at the PPV, you have Nash get eliminated first, then Orton, then hhh (because he's actually hurt). So it would look like it would be Michaels vs. Goldberg AND Jericho at the end of the EC. But then Jericho attacks Goldberg and pins him, leaving Michaels and Jericho as the final two. Jericho wins, and immediately has his first feud post PPV: a pissed off Goldberg.

I forgot that HHH is injured. I suppose he will be dropping the belt?

But to whom?

Despite evidence to the contrary, I don't think Nash will win. I don't think shawn will win again. I HOPE TO GOD that Orton doesn't win and I don't think they'll repeat the same ending as before.

So in my mind that leaves Berg and Jericho.

Also, how do you think that they'll finish the match?

Barring any sort of run in (how?) I'm sure they'll want someone who can work being in the finish. That leaves basically Jericho, HHH, maybe Shawn? I can't imagine some combination of Goldberg, Orton, or Nash being the last few in, it would be so ugly!

Unless HHH can recover, I think he's dropping the belt. How bad would it look for him to be prone all match then win w/ a pedigree?

With a HHH centrist mindset, I see them giving it to Goldie so that he can fued w/ Jericho til HHH gets well again, and HHH gets it back.

With a fan's mindset, I hope Jericho gets it, via screwing Goldberg, so they can fued. I have no problem with sneaky heely Jericho holding onto his belt through shenanigans, as long as he beats OTHER PEOPLE.

You have Berg in the main which some like, and Jericho in the main, which some like. Evolution can fued with the clique, and Jericho can either drop it to Goldberg eventually, or (hopefully) start fueding with Kane or RVD (who else is on Raw?)

Guest Choken One

The idea is good...

But with one show left you can't really pull it off...

Jericho is indeed the actual odd man out since Goldberg is used to being on his own...

Jericho should at least have a backstage segment next week where he approaches Goldberg and tries to convince him for a ONE NIGHT ALLIANCE but Goldberg says no...Jericho cuts a quickie "You suck" shot at Goldberg...Goldberg gets in his face and Jericho chuckles and backs away...

It shows Jericho is paranoid with no partner/alliance in the match and now...he pissed off Goldberg...

In the Match...You could have Jericho making the save for Goldberg once or twice but Goldberg sells it like he is confused...Then Goldberg shocks everyone when saves Jericho after Haircutted Nash Jacknifes Jericho...

Jericho smiles at him...Goldberg goes insane and clothesline like crazy on everyone...

HHH pins Nash...

HBK pins Orton

***HHH Injury***

That leaves Goldberg-HBK-Jericho

The Dynamic is there...Jericho Hates Shawn and he has this new ally with Goldberg...

Jericho turns on Goldberg and causes him to spear into the Glass where goldberg is busted and loses a lot of juice...Jericho gets the cocky pin on him...

Shawn and Jericho have a 10 minute match where Jericho wins clean via Walls...

I just don't see how else to book this show without having Jericho and Goldberg be the top two.

I actually appreciated the last PPV match they had.

I don't KNOW how they'll book Goldberg, considering he's about as one dimensional as one can get, but maybe (maybe?) somehow the WWE writers can book (WWE writers can book?) Goldberg a decent character. Work with the WCW background. Without HHH evolution can naturally slip down the card a bit, and fued with Nash and Michaels.

Guest Korgath

I like this idea. I don't think many people considered it because of the legit backstage heat these two have, but it makes for really dynamic booking and should be considered.

nl5xsk1, consider this a compliment.

Guest MissMattitude
MissMattitude, you are an idiot.

So basically, having an opinion makes me an idiot... nice.

The obvious finish to the chamber match is pinning Goldberg pinning Jericho, setting up Goldberg vs. HHH at Unforgiven next month. The question is, who do you have pin HHH so that he doesn't look bad, or get his pin against Goldberg blown off.

I think that they can avoid the alliance problem in the match quite simply. All that has to happen is Orton and Nash get eliminated first and second. Then it's HHH vs. Goldberg vs. HBK vs. Jericho. No alliances, no partners. What they do after that, I don't know. I do think, however, that Jericho will be in the final two either way (EDIT: *if* HHH isn't going to win). If he actually wins (which I don't really see happening, but it might), he'll win over HBK all by himself (instant feud!). If he loses, he jobs to Goldberg in the finals. And in both situations, HHH would probably get pinned by HBK. But I would like to see Jericho eliminate HHH and Goldberg eliminate HBK or vice versa to show that there are no alliances, despite the heel/face connection.

Edited by CanadianChick