TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bob_barron

Fox News sues Franken

Well then you're watching BIASED news!

OMG!

Come on over to the only unbiased media outlet in the whole world (they said so!) When I first started watching I was blown away by just how many things can be blamed on Bill Clinton that are just faintly related to him! Thanks, Fox News!

Guest JMA

I've read some of Al's new book, and I gotta say it's pretty good. The guy really knows his stuff. Ann Coulter, Bill O'Reilly, and Sean Hannity are especially targeted.

Guest SideFXs

Why read the book?

You'll hear enough about it on CNN/Larry King Live, MSNBC, Good Morning America, World News Tonight, CBS Radio Network, the Jerry Springer Show, 60 Minutes, MTV, VH-1, The View, The Discover Channel, The Disney Channel, 20/20, The NY Times, Washington Post, and Sunday Morning.

Guest JMA
Why read the book?

Because the book itself is very good. I especially like the chapter where he shows how he bitch-slaped Bernie Goldberg.

Why read the book?

You'll hear enough about it on CNN/Larry King Live, MSNBC, Good Morning America, World News Tonight, CBS Radio Network, the Jerry Springer Show, 60 Minutes, MTV, VH-1, The View, The Discover Channel, The Disney Channel, 20/20, The NY Times, Washington Post, and Sunday Morning.

One thing's for sure -- he'll get more people reading it than watching him talk about it on MSNBC.

Man, for his sake I hope there aren't any holes/inaccuracies regarding FNC or else that's ALL the channel will be talking about...

Why read the book?

Because the book itself is very good. I especially like the chapter where he shows how he bitch-slaped Bernie Goldberg.

It's really easy to say you bitch-slaped some guy whose not there to defend himself.

Guest JMA
It's really easy to say you bitch-slaped some guy whose not there to defend himself.

He WAS there to defend himself. It was on an episode of Donahue that I myself watched. And Franken DID outclass Goldberg there.

Guest MikeSC

He WAS there to defend himself. It was on an episode of Donahue that I myself watched. And Franken DID outclass Goldberg there.

What?

A comedy writer managed to look better than a journalist on TV?!?!?

Get the hell outta town!

-=Mike

...In other news, Mike Tyson beat up Muhammad Ali and claimed HE was now the greatest

Guest JMA
What?

A comedy writer managed to look better than a journalist on TV?!?!?

Get the hell outta town!

He didn't just look better, he outclassed Goldberg. It seems that Bernie didn't check some of his "facts." If you actually saw the show Goldberg looked VERY pissed.

Guest JMA

Thanks for the link. It's pretty sad though that Fox still needs to try to get one last shot in. Maybe "sad" isn't the right word--more like pathetic.

Guest BobbyWhioux
"It's time to return Al Franken to the obscurity he's normally accustomed to," a Fox spokeswoman later told CNN.

Sorry hon, you're over a decade too late. Franken is far from obscure. He's been moderately famous since the late 80's thanks to SNL.

Fox argued the book's title and its cover -- which contains a photograph of Fox's top rated anchor, Bill O'Reilly -- could confuse consumers that somehow Fox endorsed the product.

What? One would have to be rather gullible and thick-headed and used to having simplified and dumbed down information framed and then spoonfed to them to make that mistake...

...oh, yeah. Heh.

Guest JMA

This is just further proof that Fox News is run by idiots. Thanks to their no merit lawsuit, Franken has been on almost every news channel. Except Fox, of course. :)

Guest Dmann2000
"We don't care if it's Al Franken or Al Lewis or Weird Al Yankovic. We're here to protect our trademark and our talent," said Paul Schur, a Fox spokesman, after the hearing.

Hey Fox News! You leave Weird Al out of this!

*Just bought Left Al's book, with 40% discount at Books & Co)