TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MarvinisaLunatic

Smackdown Spoilers..

Guest Choken One

Admit It...You missed the Post whore Spoiler thread didn't you?

You know you did.

Guest goar

I was all excited after reading about the tag match and Tajiri-Rhyno, but then I got to Stephanie and A-Train.

Not that I think A-Train should be in a match of any importance, it's nice to know that he needs the help of the Big Show to beat STEPHANIE MCMAHON!!! By the time this company is dead will there be anyone left the McMahon's haven't buried on live TV?

And if Kanyon is now Mortis, I guess that means they killed of the "Kanyon trained with the monks in the himilayas" angle. Plus, he won't have his one good catchphrase "Who betta than Kanyon?"

Does two interview segments really make the Tibetan Monk thing count as as an angle?

Guest Mindless_Aggression

More detailed spoilers...

Hey, guys. Pretty good show overall. Check for me on Thursday. I had an "NSD" sign

with an arrow pointing down, and a sign that said "Steph Ate My Nachos!". Here's the

results.

Dark Matches

Mortis (You read this right) vs Local guy

Kanyon dawned the Mortis attire once again and totally annihilated some local guy.

Pretty good match with the crowd being heavily behind Mortis/Kanyon.

Ultimo Dragon vs local guy #2

Pretty nice match, actually. Dragon defeated this guy with his reverse flip over

DDT. Pretty bad ass LIVE, and DAMN are Dragon's flames hot!

The Cat & Josh Matthews then came out to host Velocity, and I got a awesome moment

when The Cat pointed me out in the crowd for holding up an "I Came to See The Cat!"

sign. Pretty awesome.

Velocity Tapings

Matt Hardy vs Orlando Jordan

Pretty solid match here that Hardy won with a Twist of Fate when he caught Jordan

coming off the top. Crowd was HOT for Hardy. Very cool.

Nunzio vs Funaki

Pretty solid match that Nunzio won with a rollup with the tights.

Palumbo/Stamboli vs 2 jobbers

The FBI won here, but the funniest part of this match was the frequent tags between

Palumbo & Stamboli. Palumbo tagged in once, pulled the jobber off the mat, then

tagged Stamboli back in. Really funny stuff.

Sean O'Haire vs jobber

O'Haire won this won pretty easily with The Prophecy. Cool squash.

Smackdown Tapings

Vince comes out right away and shows footage of Lesnar turning on Angle last week.

He then announced that Angle was in Pittsburgh recovering and he'd return next week.

Major heat for the Angle no show. Vince then announces "THE REAL" Brock Lesnar.

Brock comes out and rants on how he used Angle. Stephanie interrupts and after a war

of words, Vince books Stephanie against A-Train later tonight.

The World's Greatest Tag Team vs Kidman & Mysterio for the WWE Smackdown Tag Titles

This match was AMAZING live! Both these teams work amazingly well together, and this

goes down as the best tag match I've ever seen live. After some back and forth

action, Kidman got the hot tag and hit the Shooting Star on Haas after Rey 619ed

Benjamin, but Haas KICKED OUT!!! The crowd went NUTS because we all thought that was

the finish. Eventually, Rey was sustained, and Benjamin superkicked Kidman while he

was leaning through the ropes and Haas rolled him up for the pin. Great, GREAT

match! No Kidman turn though, which surprised me.

Billy Gunn vs Danny Basham

This match wasn't great or anything as Billy Gunn actually lost to Danny Basham

after a Basham double team behind the ref's back. Shanniqua & The Bashams then beat

down Torrie & Billy Gunn. Noble & Nidia ran out for the save, but The Bashams and

Shanniqua then beat them down. Shanniqua hit a pretty mean powerbomb on Nidia, too.

Cool beatdown.

Backstage, the APA consider re-opening their offices. Faarooq then says he's

positive that Shanniqua is really a man and that she's actually Shelton Benjamin in

drag. This was HILARIOUS live, and I'm sure I'll laugh again when I watch it on

Thursday.

The Undertaker vs The Big Show

This match BLEW! Simple as that. They just wrestled VERY slowly for about 10 minutes

or so, and the end came when, after a ref bump, they brawled into the crowd and

A-Train laid Taker out with a shot to the back with a piece of wood. Show then won

by countout.

The Undertaker was then shown backstage having his ribs worked on.

Eddie Guerrero then drives his lowrider truck to the ring for some commentary, and

Benoit follows him also to do some commentary. Not sure what was said, but it looked

like Benoit was trying to pour on the niceness to freak Guerrero out. Should be

funny.

Tajiri vs Rhyno

Awesome match for how short it was. It was probably 3-4 minutes tops, but what they

did in that amount of time was very cool. End comes when Rhyno removes the middle

turnbuckle pad and Tajiri reverses an irish whip sending Rhyno into it. Tajiri then

hits the Deathblow kick to the head for the 1...2...3! It shocked me to see Tajiri

beat Rhyno like that.

Postmatch, Benoit gets in the lowrider with Guerrero and wants Guerrero to bounce it

up and down. Eddie looks at him like he's nuts and leaves all freaked out. Hilarious

stuff with Benoit signaling for the car to bounce.

Officially confirmed Summerslam matches were Angle/Brock, Taker/A-Train, and a Fatal

Fourway with Tajiri/Benoit/Guerrero/Rhyno for the US Title. Two of those should

rule..... I'll let you guess.

John Cena vs Zach Gowen

This was actually a cool match. Cena's rap on Gowen was simply awesome! I'd try and

write how it went, but I wouldn't do it justice. So just tune in on Thursday. Cena

pretty much beats Gowen's ass then entire match. Then he goes for an F-U off the top

rope, which Gowen turns into a single-arm DDT off the top. Awesome spot! Eventually

Cena reverses a flying cross-body into an F-U for the win. Post-match, Matt &

Shannon come out and beat the hell out of Gowen in the aisle.

Backstage, Spanky, Funaki, & Orlando Jordan are chillin, and Spanky looks to be

accepting a challenge by Orlando. He then pulls out some Hershey's syrup and begins

chuggin it. But some flew behind him when he began. When the camera zooms out, Vince

is standing there with syrup all over his suit jacket. So Spanky goes up to

apologize and Vince is an asshole to him. So Spanky then makes fun of him for his

investment in the XFL which got MAD cheers from the audience. Crazy stuff. Vince

then tells Spanky to head straight to the ring to face THE REAL Brock Lesnar.

Spanky vs THE REAL Brock Lesnar

Total squash here! BUT SPANKY ACTUALLY WINS!!!! By DQ, that is. Brock totally

dominated him, and then nails a STIFF chairshot for good measure. Spanky bladed

REALLY bad here, as Brock tossed him out, then tossed him into the steel post in a

really sick spot. Brock leaves, and it greeted by Vince on his way back down the

aisle. They pose, and the paramedics attend to Spanky who was seriously laying in a

pool of his own blood. This was honestly one of the grossest bladejobs I think I've

ever seen. Brock finally leaves, as Spanky gets hauled out on a stretcher to a

standing ovation.

Vince remained in the ring and announced the guest ring announcer for the main

event, Sable. Sable comes out to a decent reaction and rips on Stephanie.

Stephanie McMahon vs A-Train

She introduces her and Steph comes out, trying to get at Sable, to no avail.

Finally, she slips past the ref when Sable turns her back and Steph whoops her ass.

The crowd was pretty into it, too, honestly. Then the steam goes off at the entrance

and A-Train walks down the aisle. He enters the ring and squashes Steph in the

corner. He goes for the Train Wreck, but Taker's music hits, and A-Train drops her

to meet him in the aisle. They begin brawling until Big Show comes out with a chair

and they destroy Taker. A-Train then re-enters the ring and nails a Vaderbomb on

Steph for the pin. I'm pretty sure the show ends here.

Post-Show

Vince makes out with Sable over Stephanie and they leave. Steph's then helped out of

the ring, as Taker gets back up and proceeds to whoop A-Train's ass and chokeslam

him to a HUGE pop. He then carries Steph to the back. End of Show.

Pretty decent show overall, that was highlighted by the awesome tag title match!

Other notes, John Cena's new T-Shirt debuted tonight. Very cool shirt, too. I came

pretty close to buying it, but the new Matt Hardy "Sensai of Mattitude" Shirt won me

over. That's pretty much all that happened at the show. Peace.

So yes, Mortis is back and Spanky dies. Quality TV.

Steph vs. A-train in the main fucking event? What in the fucking fuck. This pretty much leaves a bitter taste on Smackdown even though up and down the show seems decent.

Guest JaKyL25
Postmatch, Benoit gets in the lowrider with Guerrero and wants Guerrero to bounce it

up and down. Eddie looks at him like he's nuts and leaves all freaked out. Hilarious

stuff with Benoit signaling for the car to bounce.

This actually sounds kind of funny.

Guest Choken One

So wwe tries to make Benoit of all people Funny? This is worth the look...

Show looks decent...I never watch Mains anyway...

Guest drunkenscarredangel

Main events like Albertrain Vs Stephanie make baby Jesus cry :( oh and me too.

Matt Hardy on Velocity, Stephanie in the main event...well, it's good to see that is all is right with the world again.

Seriously though, last week Vince in the main event, this week Steph, what the hell is going on, are they having some sort of competition to see who can kill the ratings more?

:angry:

Oh well, there's still Benoit, Eddie, Benjamin and Haas.....

Guest MissMattitude

Ugh... Steph vs Train tuns me right off as does 'Taker vs Big Show.

Brock Lesnar squashing Spanky doesn't appeal to me either, although it does sound very vicious.

Rhyno vs Tajiri could be good, and it will be cool to here bothe Benoit AND Eddy providing colour commentary.

TWGTT vs Filthy Animals sounds awesome, no surprises there. I did expect Billy to have turned on Rey by now though... maybe they have given up on that idea.

Cena vs Gowen sounds like any other Gowen match and I am dreading Summerslam where Gowen will most likely beat Matt Hardy.

Guest drunkenscarredangel

Yeah, Gowen will go over if he and Matt face each other at Summerslam, I think I read somewhere the WWE wants to reward him for all his work, so he'll be getting a win here I'm assuming...

And of course... it's not like the WWE cares about Matt Hardy....

Guest MissMattitude
Why was Spanky chugging chocolate syrup in the first place?

Because he's a crusierweight and all cruiserweight's (and Tommy Dreamer) are made to look stupid by Vince.

All 3 members of the FBI pick up wins!

Looks like an OK show. The opening tag match will make the show better than all of Raw, and the Spanky blade-job looks vicious. Rhyno/Tajiri should be good.

Pretty good match with the crowd being heavily behind Mortis/Kanyon

Hope somebody is paying attention.

And it looks like the Taker/Cena feud is over. Way to put over Cena, Marky-Mark.

Edited by Spaceman Spiff

*sigh* No reason to watch after the opening 20 minutes. Same week they job out Billy Gunn to a jobber they put A-Train in the main event...one step forward, a hundred steps backwards.

Oh and since they didn't turn Kidman there are just TWO matches on the Smackdown side booked so far for SummerSlam unless they add some in the broadcast. Obviously there will be a U.S. title match but what the hell happens with the tag titles and the cruiserweight title?

Guest Polish_Rifle
Officially confirmed Summerslam matches were Angle/Brock, Taker/A-Train, and a Fatal Fourway with Tajiri/Benoit/Guerrero/Rhyno for the US Title. Two of those should rule..... I'll let you guess.

That's 3 plus a Gowan/Hardy and a Tag Team rematch? That would only leave out Cena...

What has Albert and Taker done in the last few months to deserve a spot at the 2nd biggest PPV of the year?

Guest MideonMark

Hopefully they'll have Rey/Kidman vs TWGTT 2/3 falls at SS and have Kidman turn there.

Guest nikowwf

I dont know if they will add any more Smackdown matches, much less two with the super long Raw main event and the need to get Duds vs. Le Crappy French Dudes on the card.

niko

Guest MideonMark

1. WWE Title-Brock Lesnar vs Kurt Angle

2. US Title-Tajiri vs Rhyno vs Benoit vs Eddy

3. A-Train vs The Undertaker

Guest MideonMark

Ah shit,

anyway those 3 matches and

4. Tag Titles-Kidman/Rey vs TWGTT

5. Elimination Chamber

6. Kane vs RVD

7. Shane vs Bischoff

8. Tag Titles-Dudleys vs La Resistance

Theres your SS lineup

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Why do I get the feeling we're going to see Taker/Vince at SS?

Will Eddy even make the Summerslam card?

Eddy v. Tajiri v. Rhyno v. Benoit was signed for Summerslam

Rather than actually building two feuds to a logical conclusion, we throw four good workers into a clusterfuck of a match so the McMahons & friends get more time?

Thought so.

Guest D'Lo White

I like Steph, but I'm not even gonna try to defend having a Steph/A-Train match as a main event of Smackdown.

I could understand it a little if they wanted to get A-Train heat as a awful heel. But, the spoiler I read said the show ended with Steph laying in the ring with Sable and Vince kissing over her. It looks like they had this match to get heat for Vince and Sable, two non -wrestlers.

It's like their trying to make Vince/Sable the new McMahon-Helmsley Era.

Guest Anglesault
Officially confirmed Summerslam matches were Angle/Brock, Taker/A-Train, and a Fatal Fourway with Tajiri/Benoit/Guerrero/Rhyno for the US Title. Two of those should rule..... I'll let you guess.

That's 3 plus a Gowan/Hardy and a Tag Team rematch? That would only leave out Cena...

What has Albert and Taker done in the last few months to deserve a spot at the 2nd biggest PPV of the year?

Albert has done nothing, but Taker is very over and carried Cena to a good brawl.

And what exactly did Brock do to put Kurt on the DL?

Guest nikowwf

I don't think there will be 8 matches - i think 7 is what they will go with.

niko

The World's Greatest Tag Team vs Kidman & Mysterio for the WWE Smackdown Tag Titles

-TWGTT is now referred to as the Self Proclaimed/Professed Worlds Greatest Tag Team. Longest Tag Team Name EVER. Anyway, this match was easily the match of the night, and it gets the commercial break in the middle treatment. They didn't say anything about a rematch at Summerslam, but at this point unless Benjamin/Haas don't defend the tag belts, I can't see them not having another rematch.

Billy Gunn vs Danny Basham

Very short match, not very good. The beatdown at the end was probably longer than the match itself. Interesting to see Shaniqua powerbomb Nidia for what its worth.

Bradshaw has a picture of Shelton Benjamin with ink scribbled on for hair saying that he's really Shaniqua, and "Think about it, you never see Bruce Wayne and Superman together"

The Undertaker vs The Big Show

I didn't find this match to be that bad, although again the finish (countout) makes me feel as though the match really didn't need the time it was given.

Tajiri vs Rhyno

Eddie Guerrero and Benoit come out to do commentary and Benoit tries to be friends with Eddie. I actually had trouble making out what Eddie and Benoit were saying during the match, but it was short enough that it didn't really matter. After the match, Benoit wanted a ride, and when he got in the truck he started hopping up and down and then Eddie got pissed and got out and left Benoit in the truck.

I think it was here, backstage where Steph and Albert have a little heart to heart, and Albert rubs Stephs hand on his chest while saying something about "Her liking it rough and him being rough" or something. I wasn't paying too much attention.

John Cena vs Zach Gowen

I didnt really like Cena's Rap...Cena's got a new shirt too (I think,a white shirt with his word life hand symbol with blue material around the neck and arm sleves). The match pretty much blew. After the commercial break, Cole has breaking news, which is Matt Hardy (In his spiffy new purple shirt) beating up OLM during the break.

The Spanky/Funaki/Chocolate Syrup/Vince segment was funny.

Spanky vs THE REAL Brock Lesnar

Blade job wasn't as impressive as it was made out to be but it was still messy enough to let Brock smear blood on himself.

Stephanie McMahon vs Albert

Stupid for a ME. Albert did the splash on her to win, after Taker tried to interfere and then Big Show came out. Yippee!

There were actually a few good signs:

Cena=Piss Break

Here Comes the Pain in the Ass