TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mr. S£im Citrus

Two Dollars for That?!

So I took my son to the movies today after I got off work, and there's this place called "Fun Factory" next to the theatre, which is basically like Chuck E. Cheese, but without the pizza. Anyway, he wanted to go in, so we went in. We happened to walk past Dance Dance Revolution, and WC junior wanted to play, so I thought to myself, "what the hell; at least I'll finally see what the fuss is about..."

So, we get situated on this thing, which costs a dollar per person. After looking through the crappy music selection, I anxiously await something vaguely resembling instructions, but they never appeared. What did appear was a screen which started to scroll a series of arrows from the bottom to the top, at about a hundred miles an hour, and figuring that we were supposed to step on the pads below us in time with the sequence flashing on the screen, I lifted my foot to start, only to watch in astonished exasperation as the arrows stopped scrolling, and my astonishment quickly turned to anger as I realized that the game was over.

All of that happened in about the span of, oh... three and a half seconds...

I paid two dollars for that goddamn piece of shit?! :angry:

Okay. First of all, you need to play on Basic, Light, or Beginner, depending upon the version of DDR. In the MAX series, that guarantees a free song.

There WERE instructions, but they were in Japanese. These games are technically illegal in America.

Anyway, when you start a song, you'll notice that there is a set of four arrows near the top of the screen. Then, you'll see arrows from the bottom scroll up. When these arrows pass the set of stationary arrows, and they overlap, you step on the proper arrow.

I am the biggest DDR nut in the SWF, and I'd love to talk to you more about this. Go in chat sometime, and while you're at it, ask someone for the Adventures of DDR Boy. Starring me.

Bahahaha!

Play Guitar Freaks.

Play Pop'n Music.

Play IIDX.

Play Keyboardmania.

EMBRACE BEMANI.

Oops, I almost forgot. If there's anything that makes people question my sexuality, it's me doing the routine to Hold on Me.

*twirls hand*

Awesome avatar, Ced. :D

Oh my God, Annie is teh roq.

The only impressive thing I can really lay claim to is AA'ing My Summer Love on Heavy...

Might I also note that I fail Ordinary World on light. For some reason the faster and harder the song is the better I am at it. Same with Samba de Amigo, took me forever to get past the early challenge stages but blew through the rest... I'm weird.

-Annie

Ahem...

The one time I have ever played DDR, I scored a "C" on Ordinary World...

and decided to quit while I was ahead.

Yay me.