TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
eiker_ir

Ric Flair DVD...

Guest Choken One

Good.

Here's hoping for Hogan treatment.

Is this one the FROM THE VAULT series or the Legends or whatever series...

One DVD-Flair Retrospective Interview

DVD 2- 6 hours of Flair...

Woooo, indeed. So how far does WWF's archive of JCP go? They seem to keep surprising us.

Anyway: This better be like two or three DVDs of matches and other associated content. By that I mean early Horsemen antics, the Arn Anderson retirement and (subsequent parody), and the reformation with the tuxes. But no goofy mental hospital or Vince McMahon-related skits.

But that's what we'll get, in addition to verbal fellatio for HHH.

I have a feeling we'll be saying "they could've done SO much more with this" when it's released.

However, for now, GREAT news. They should do like Shawn Michaels and release a DVD with just matches and promos.

Guest The Old Me

Flair needs 2-3 discs. I don't care if they want to put a story on it, but we need like 40 matches and promos.

It's scheduled to be out on Jan. 27...hopefully, it will be like the Hogan one in size. Obviously, there won't be enough to fully satisfy the smarks.

Guest Dmann2000

Let's start bitching now about what they left off, I'll start...

Man how could they leave off Flair/Luger from Starrcade 88, damn WWE, they've got all that footage and they never use it!

Guest Ray

Breaking news, probable match listing:

vs. Vader - Starrcade 1993

vs. Vince McMahon - Royal Rumble 2002

vs. Undertaker - Wrestlemania 18

vs. Chris Jericho - Summerslam 2002

vs. Triple H - Raw 2003

vs. Goldberg - Raw 2003

I wouldn't doubt it <_<

Must have title matches vs Macho Man and Brett Hart! And that match vs Mr Perfect everybody worships.

But in reality it will be matches vs HHH vs HBK and some random tag matches from Raw.

Guest Fook

They're going to put more WWF stuff than WCW. We're going to have to accept it.

On the bright side, I can finally get the entire 92 Rumble match on dvd.

Guest Retro Rob

Yeah, I'm not getting my hopes up. Besides a few old WWF matches (vs. Savage, vs. Perfect, vs. Hart, vs. HBK) I wouldn't expect anything special.

Breaking news, probable match listing:

vs. Vader - Starrcade 1993

vs. Vince McMahon - Royal Rumble 2002

vs. Undertaker - Wrestlemania 18

vs. Chris Jericho - Summerslam 2002

vs. Triple H - Raw 2003

vs. Goldberg - Raw 2003

I wouldn't doubt it <_<

Are they gonna be able to show the stuff with the blurred logo?

Vince has shown footage from Starrcade 83 before so I think his JCP stuff goes way back

Guest Choken One

Why the Vader Match of all matches?

HHH will lobby for One of the Steamboat matches I'm sure...

Flair likely wants The Rumble 92 on the DVD...if Shawn can get his Iron Man...Flair can get the rumble...

Likely Card

NWA Montage

Steamboat Match-Pick your poison

Rumble 92

Savage WM8

McMahon Rumble 02

HHH Raw w/Post match bonus special

add in Three wild card Matches and there it is

How much pull does Vince McMahon have with the DVD releases themselves? Because if it's mostly just production guys doing it we might get a chance at the good stuff.

I'll accept them putting on more WWE/E stuff than NWA/WCW stuff provided there's at least one Steamboat match and they focus on Flair's first run with the company. But I doubt that very highly.

Be on the lookout for this stuff on the 2nd run with WCW section

Flair has a "heart attack"

Flair gets sent to the nut hospital

Flair gets his hair shaved

Father vs Son crap..

and if we're real nice they might throw in matches too. They gotta at least have the first Flair Hogan match..

But in reality it will be matches vs HHH vs HBK and some random tag matches from Raw.

They're going to put more WWF stuff than WCW. We're going to have to accept it.

I wouldn't doubt it 

Just like the other profile DVD's, right?

Just like the HBK DVD, which had HITC, Mind Games, the Iron-Man match, the No-Holds-Barred match and the Ladder match....oh wait.

Just like the Hogan DVD, which had the '90 Rumble, '88 Survivor Series, WM III, Shea Stadium, Wrestling Classic, The Big Event, 1st title victory and debut in the WWF....oh wait.

Just like the Foley DVD, which had the Mind Games match, Over The Edge match, Halftime Heat and the infamous Kennel In The Cell....oh wait.

Maybe like the Rey DVD, which had the Halloween Havoc ***** clinic, Rey's PPV debut, his Cruiserweight title victories and the AAA match....OH WAIT.

If you're going to bitch, at least back your complaints up with EVIDENCE. There is NO EVIDENCE that the Home Video department has jipped us on the profile DVD's, so quit bitching and move to a thread that demands incessant whining or petty jabs - go join a clique in NHB or something.

Guest Choken One

As long as It doesn't make NWA/WCW look good...Vince is fine with it.

He only put ONE WCW match on there and that was a match he kinda *HAD* to be there although He really should have added a couple NWO matches to pull it off...

Flair and Vince will be PLEASED to remind them of the 1992 run because they mentioned it a lot in the Rumble 2002 hype...

Guest Choken One
Be on the lookout for this stuff on the 2nd run with WCW section

Flair has a "heart attack"

Flair gets sent to the nut hospital

Flair gets his hair shaved

Father vs Son crap..

and if we're real nice they might throw in matches too. They gotta at least have the first Flair Hogan match..

Already on Hogan DVD...

I liked the Hospital Vignettes...

Flair was great with the Old Man gone insane gimmick

How far can they go back with the matches? Could they have some some matches vs the Von Erichs?

How many Hoss matches will be on this? Will Hawk, Vader, Goldberg, Steiner be on this?

Guest Choken One

They go back to early as least 1983...it really depends on what FLAIR owns...

Guest Retro Rob
Just like the other profile DVD's, right?

Just like the HBK DVD, which had HITC, Mind Games, the Iron-Man match, the No-Holds-Barred match and the Ladder match....oh wait.

Just like the Hogan DVD, which had the '90 Rumble, '88 Survivor Series, WM III, Shea Stadium, Wrestling Classic, The Big Event, 1st title victory and debut in the WWF....oh wait.

Just like the Foley DVD, which had the Mind Games match, Over The Edge match, Halftime Heat and the infamous Kennel In The Cell....oh wait.

Maybe like the Rey DVD, which had the Halloween Havoc ***** clinic, Rey's PPV debut, his Cruiserweight title victories and the AAA match....OH WAIT.

If you're going to bitch, at least back your complaints up with EVIDENCE. There is NO EVIDENCE that the Home Video department has jipped us on the profile DVD's, so quit bitching and move to a thread that demands incessant whining or petty jabs - go join a clique in NHB or something.

The Hogan DVD had a lot of matches that had no place being on the DVD and they could have added a few other more monumental ones.

Half of the matches on the Rey DVD are three minute SD specials. GO WWE HOME VIDEO!!!!

I haven't seen the other two you brought up. But just look at the feature segments on the Hogan and Rey DVD. Rey spent 5 years in WCW, yet it was discussed for all of 10 minutes. Hogan talked about the nWo and that was it. Obviously someone likes to dwell on the current product more than the past.

Guest Choken One
I wonder if it will have his matches with Jericho (1st Thunder) and Benoit.

That'd be cool if it had all his title wins though

I could see them doing a montage for it...

Althought I'm sure it gets muddled around the 1-5 area...

and depending on which Title Linage they go with

Guest Choken One
WWE Magazine did an article with Flair where he talked about all his title reigns- so there is a lineage that they recognise

I'm a little muddled personally...

Who did he win the 15 and 16th off of?

I want to say he won the title over Jarrett or Russo....but I can't remember those days...

Cuz I remember him winning it via F4 after they were all "Flair can't win the title anymore...he's days are passed him" and it was actually a genuine upset

Guest Choken One

I knew it was with Jarrett...

Did Flair do a HHH with the title being handed to him?

I actually enjoyed the Hogan DVD having all those meaningless matches on it, as I hadn't seen a large portion of those. Although whoever came up with Hogan/Okerlund vs. Steele/Fuji ought to have been fired on the spot.

The HBK DVD didn't focus on anything prior to the WMX ladder match outside of one AWA tag team match. It's like his first six years in the WWF mean nothing despite two IC Title runs and some awesome matches.

The Rey DVD should have had more WCW stuff if only because there isn't enough good WWE stuff yet to justify leaving it off, but since they didn't have the ECW footage yet and only had the one match from AAA to work with, it was passable.

No matter what they do with a Flair DVD, they're going to leave something out because there's so much great stuff that deserves to be there. Hopefully they go with stuff that isn't readily available, because using the stuff that's available elsewhere cheapens the DVD. The one exception: Flair vs. Steamboat from WrestleWar 89 because I refuse to buy a HHH DVD for it.