TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Downhome

Freedy vs. Jason II : Here is some information...

This is from Coming Soon which was posted on the 11th, so get a load of this...

With Freddy vs. Jason set to take over the box office this weekend, Creature Corner has received interesting word on what kind of sequel talk is already going on at New Line.

Reliable sources have revealed that one of the current ideas being tossed around includes a scenario where Freddy and Jason would team-up against a common enemy: Bruce Campbell as Ash from the "Evil Dead" films. As crazy as it might sound, this concept has apparently been met with a great deal of enthusiasm in the upper-echelons of New Line Cinema. (Not to mention the degrees of separation: "FvsJ" producer Sean S. Cunningham directed Campbell in last years "Terminal Invasion" for the SciFi Channel.)

...and a more detailed report from the source of that, Creature Corner...

On the eve of the release of New Line's "Freddy Vs. Jason," it should come as no surprise to discover that the grinding wheels of development are already hard at work on concepts for the next film in the inevitable "Freddy & Jason" franchise.

Reliable sources have revealed that one of the current ideas being tossed around includes a scenario where Freddy and Jason would team-up against a common enemy: Bruce Campbell as Ash from the "Evil Dead" films. As crazy as it might sound, this concept has apparently been met with a great deal of enthusiasm in the upper-echelons of New Line Cinema. (Not to mention the degrees of separation: "FvsJ" producer Sean S. Cunningham directed Campbell in last years "Terminal Invasion" for the SciFi Channel.)

While it's impossible to predict what sort of "unknowns" might prevent this concept from seeing the light of day (like, say, the rights holders of the "Evil Dead" series or Campbell himself saying no) it's interesting to know that New Line is at least considering what could turn out to be many a fanboy's dream team-up "plus one" for the not-to-distant future...

...stranger things have happened. Just remember, you heard it here first.

...if that happens, I'll never have to watch another horror film as long as I live. I will have witnessed the coolest thing, of all time.

Sincerely,

...Downhome...

Guest Lethargic
Would anyone think Ash has any sort of shot vs. both Freddy and Jason?

Well he destroyed a whole army of the undead in Army of Darkness, he can probably handle two of them.

Plus the beauty of Ash is that it's NOT fun to see him win. He's a loser. He thinks he won, but it turns out he didn't.

My only hope is that it is filmed, edited, and released within the next two weeks, so that the TSM posters' dicks don't fall off from beating it to this news non-stop. That and it would spare me months and months of watching to the board busting a collective load everytime a new shred of news is reported about the sequel.

Guest Crucifixio Jones

*starts rumor about new Alien vs. Predator vs. Terminator movie*

*waits for new threads to start*

Edited by Crucifixio Jones

Guest Crucifixio Jones
You mean the one with a cameo by Robocop?

Robocop, unfortunately, won't be played by Peter Weller this go 'round. It's going to be...

Spoiler (Highlight to Read):

William Shatner as Capt. Kirk~!!!!

Already Best. Movie. Ever.

There's also some talk about another cameo in the movie:

The actor who played R2-D2 in the Star Wars movies, will return as the Leprechaun, back from his trip to the hood. He will help battle Jason in the quest to decide who had the best outing in outer space. Of course, this leaves the door wide open for a number of various characters from Star Wars, Star Trek, and Stargate to appear, in quest of the same title.

Guest Crucifixio Jones

Not to mention:

I read that both Sigourney Weaver AND Arnold Schwartznegger will return to help take down the Alien, Predator AND Terminator, as they reprise the roles of the characters that have had previous experience with all of the above.

That should make for a PRETTY WILD ASS flick. They've got my eight bucks.

EVERYONE's fighing EVERYONE, man. To keep things in order, Mills Lane, Judge Joe Brown, AND Judge Judy are all likely to star as the special enforcement team, in case things get out of hand (and with a cast of characters like that, you KNOW they will!).

Bah Leprechaun vs Ash vs Pinhead vs Freddy would rule all in the monster battle royal. And the Main Event would be Michael Myers vs Jason vs Leather Face.

Believe it or not, based on actual movie continuity, Ash would fit in perfectly with Jason.

Anyone remember a certain book that was just laying on a table in Jason's old house in Friday the 13th part 9?

Believe it or not, based on actual movie continuity, Ash would fit in perfectly with Jason.

Anyone remember a certain book that was just laying on a table in Jason's old house in Friday the 13th part 9?

Wasn't there a poster of Nightmare on Elm Street in the Evil Dead films? In the shed I believe.

With Freddy vs. Jason set to take over the box office this weekend, Creature Corner has received interesting word on what kind of sequel talk is already going on at New Line.

Reliable sources have revealed that one of the current ideas being tossed around includes a scenario where Freddy and Jason would team-up against a common enemy: Bruce Campbell as Ash from the "Evil Dead" films.

I would drop my pants and start beating it in the theater if I got Ash vs Jason and Freddy.

I'm really up for a another one. I really liked Freddy vs Jason a lot more then I thought I would.

Guest HHH123007

The first movie was a very entertaining pile of crap....I'd see a second one.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

CJ and BC's collective playa hatin' of Freddy and Jason is bringing me down, man.

*Watches Aliens and Predator*

Ahhhhhhhh. That's better.

Wasn't there a poster of Nightmare on Elm Street in the Evil Dead films? In the shed I believe.

in NoES 1, Nancy was watching what looked like the trailer for Evil Dead, and in ED2, the glove could be seen in the basement. The poster was the Hills Have Eyes poster that was ripped up in part 1

and sure, why NOT an Alien vs. Predator vs. Terminator vs. Freddy vs. Jason vs. Pinhead vs. Ash vs. Chukey vs. Michael vs. Leatherface vs. Wishmaster vs. Pennywise vs. Critters vs. Leprichaun vs. Norman Bates vs. the Zombies from Dawn of the Dead vs. the Puppets from Puppetmaster in some kind of monster movie character battle royale?

oh yeah, *orgasms*

Edited by Ravenbomb

And the Main Event would be Michael Myers vs Jason vs Leather Face.

Wouldn't that be like Kane vs Undertaker, w/ maybe one of Kronic thrown in? All big no-selling HOSSES. :P

Guest wrestlingbs

Haha! I was thinking about how they could make a Freddy vs. Jason II now that the big battle is already done. I guess they need just one person: ASH! Although Ash is way less known to mainstream audiences, he still kicks ass as a hero.

:Thinks about Ash saying one-liners while fighting Jason with a chainsaw:

Guest JMA

I'm probably in the minority, but I'd like for the sequel just to be a straight rematch. I think a Freddy/Jason team-up would just come off as really bad. I'd much rather see them cut EACH OTHER up some more. Oh yeah...

Evil Dead I and II > Army of Darkness

"You call THAT a chainsaw? THIS is a chainsaw!"

Guest El Satanico
ugh..Bruce Campbell? Bruce=worst actor ever.

That's simply not true.

Despite being a Bruce Campbell mark I know he's not a great actor, but he's far from "the worse actor ever".

Dislike his other work in film and television all you want, but he's great as Ash.

I don't see how he's horrible as Ash when he played it perfectly, but whatever.

I don't care if its a stupid plot, but this was the first thing I thought of: Freddy and Jason are back killing people, and some guy says something like "Let's get my uncle to help! He's handled far worse than this!" Cut to S-Mart, where Ash is now the Assistant Manager of Housewares. No one buys him as a threat, no one believes his stories, Jason shows up, Ash blasts his ass away with a shotgun, Jason gets up, Ash grabs a chainsaw and runs away with the kids, we get a new "Groovy" scene, etc. etc.

You know, after considering this Ash thing it would likely work. If there is one thing that F vs. J needed it would be a sympathetic human character, and Ash would be that.