Bengals: Carson Palmer or Jon Kitna

Browns: Tim Couch or Kelly Holcomb

Cowboys: Quincy Carter or Chad Hutchinson

Dolphins: Jay Fiedler or Brian Griese

Jaguars: Mark Brunell or Byron Leftwich

Panthers: Rodney Peete or Jake Delhomme

Redskins: Patrick Ramsey or Rob Johnson

Rams: Kurt Warner or Marc Bulger

Bears: Kordell Stewart (I don't like rookies starting right off the bat and I think Kordell can last a couple months)

Ravens: Chris Redman (See Bears, plus Redman never had a real shot while healthy so see what he can do)

Bengals: Jon Kitna (See Bears again, plus Kitna played well the end of last season)

Browns: Kelly Holcomb (Couch lost the team and the fans, it's win/win starting Holcomb. He plays well they win, if not people want Couch back)

Cowboys: Quincy Carter (When all options suck go with the mobile guy)

Dolphins: Jay Fiedler (If he doesn't get hurt the are easily in the playoffs last year. Also, Brian Griese has never done enough to deserve to automatically win a new job)

Jaguars: Mark Brunell (See Bears, Brunell is good enough to play out this year before moving on)

Panthers: Jake Delhomme (See if he is for real, Peete gives you nothing)

Redskins: Patrick Ramsey (Time to see what he can do over a full year, Rob Johnson is one of the worst abortions of a QB in the league)

Rams: Kurt Warner (Short leash, if he is healthy he should play great, if not yank him early. But with what he has done he deserves the benefit of the doubt for now.

Quick post - I'll edit to elaborate later...

Bears: Kordell Stewart or Rex Grossman

Ravens: Chris Redman or Kyle Boller

Bears: Kordell Stewart- Why bring him in if he isn't going to start?

Ravens: Chris Redman- Give him one more chance

Bengals: Jon Kitna- Played well enough towards the end of the season

Browns: Tim Couch- Was at least solid enough last year to build the team up to a playoff birth

Cowboys: Quincy Carter- More mobile of the two which are otherwise even

Dolphins: Brian Griese- StartBrianGriese.comis all I need to say

Jaguars: Mark Brunell- No need to rush Leftwhich with Brunell still on the roster

Panthers: Rodney Peete- Solid

Redskins: Patrick Ramsey- While still young, is better than Johnson

Rams: Kurt Warner- Absolute no-brainer here. He was injured last year and should be back to top form this year

Guest Vitamin X

Bears: Kordell Stewart. Why? Because I hate the Bears.

Ravens: Chris Redman, the guy hasn't even shown all he could do yet, plus I played against Kyle Boller in high school and I hated the guy.

Bengals: Jon Kitna. It's not right to throw youngings into the fire like that, no matter how good Carson looks in preseason.

Browns: Tim Couch because although he might not be as great a QB as Holcomb, he's got a big contract and was primed to be the starter since he was drafted. He should really be given another chance. Then trade him if he sucks.

Cowboys: Quincy Carter, definitely. The guy's got clutch and leadership skills as you can tell from the Cowboy's few wins last season. Maybe Hutchinson has the stats, but Carter can win games. Who would you rather have on your team?

Dolphins: Brian Griese, Fiedler is nothing more than a solid backup QB, and that's always been the case. Griese is tough, a Miami native, and a decent QB.

Jaguars: Mark Brunell, Leftwich shouldn't be started this early. See: Palmer, Carson

Panthers: Neither, I'd start Chris Weinke. Then after his retirement we could worry about the other two ;)

Redskins: Patrick Ramsey, definitely. And this isn't even a competition, Rob is bound to get hurt sooner or later anyways, letting Ramsey have playing time.

Rams: Kurt Warner, though amazingly he gives the Rams as many chances to win as they have chances to lose with his playing skills.

The rookies should not start the season because they could end up like Tim Couch or worst get hurt. Maybe by week 9 Bryon Leftwich and Kyle Boller could start. The others should sit out the season to learn the pro style.

Cowboys - its a lose lose situation, whoever Parcells starts will be the wrong one.

Guest MD2020
Cowboys: Quincy Carter, definitely. The guy's got clutch and leadership skills as you can tell from the Cowboy's few wins last season. Maybe Hutchinson has the stats, but Carter can win games. Who would you rather have on your team?

This is a trick question, right? I mean, we're not talking Montana/Young here.

Bears: Kordell Stewart or Rex Grossman: Kordell since he'll probably be the more reliable quarterback. Also don't forget that Kordell can scramble pretty well too.

Ravens: Chris Redman or Kyle Boller: Redman can be quite solid at times and should be given the chance to win fans & media over this season.

Bengals: Carson Palmer or Jon Kitna: Very solid quarterback, maybe even a bit underrated. No need to rush Palmer into action when Kitna's already very capable of leading the squad to victories.

Browns: Tim Couch or Kelly Holcomb: Seems to be more in tune with his receivers and seems to have a better handle of reading the defense/knowing the plays. Reminds me of Tom Brady.

Cowboys: Quincy Carter or Chad Hutchinson: I like him more then Carter. I feel that Chad will be more efficient then Carter and won't turn the ball over as much.

Dolphins: Jay Fiedler or Brian Griese: A very solid quarterback who was leading his team to the playoffs and a great record before his injury occurred.

Jaguars: Mark Brunell or Byron Leftwich: Can still be a capable, solid quarterback although with Jimmy Smith suspended for 3 games, his numbers will falter a bit early on.

Panthers: Rodney Peete or Jake Delhomme: Could still be capable of throwing the ball to the receivers. Shows good poise at times as well.

Redskins: Patrick Ramsey or Rob Johnson: Was decent last season and will avoid more sacks then Rob F'n Johnson would.

Rams: Kurt Warner or Marc Bulger: Is capable of being the #1 or #2 quarterback in the NFL easily. Granted, he got injured last season however he seems to be completely healthy this season and could be primed for a return to his 2001 season form.

Bears: Kordell Stewart. Starting rookies at quarterback is always a bad idea.

Ravens: Chris Redman. Same as above even though Redman ain't exactly a veteran himself but I think Boeller is gonna be a bust anyways.

Bengals: Jon Kitna. Rookie thing again.

Browns: Kelly Holcomb. Holcomb earned the right to at least be the starter at the beginning of the year and it his job to lose. Besides I have Holcomb on my fantasy team so fuck Couch!

Cowboys: Quincy Carter or Chad Hutchinson. I'd shoot myself. Wait what was the question?

Dolphins: Jay Fiedler or Brian Griese. Errrr toss up...I guess Fiedler deserves to lose the job himself, which I think will happen.

Jaguars: Mark Brunell. Rookie thing again and Brunell is still decent but he's bound to get hurt.

Panthers: Rodney Peete. Jake who? I don't think it really matters either way.

Redskins: Patrick Ramsey. Yikes...go with the young guy over the proven loser.

Rams: Kurt Warner. Has the right to lose his own job or get hurt. Oh and I drafted Warner too so he better do good!

Guest Redhawk

I don't think it's a bad idea to start a rookie quarterback. Peyton Manning and David Carr both started as rookies from Game 1. Tim Couch did the same thing, and even though Holcombe beat him for the job this year, Couch isn't necessarily a bad QB. Also, I think Troy Aikman, Dan Marino and Drew Bledsoe both started right away. But then again, so did Ryan Leaf, so it's really hit-or-miss.

Peyton did okay for himself though David Carr got absolutely KILLED last season.

That commercial for the NFL draft where its just Carr, a tailback, two recievers and a center against the Cowboys front seven was spot-on in its parody, because I will BET thats how Carr felt many times during the season. Poor guy.

No starting a rookie almost never works out that first season. The only rookie qb in recent memory to put up decent numbers their first year was Rick Mirer of all people.

Kordell im a huge steelers fan and i know kordell has good odd years and bad even years :)

just kidding (kinda) but seriously dont rush rex in there its not like chicago was gonna win anyhting this year

Boller thats based on nothing but bias for the player i REALLY wanted pittsburgh to take him to replace maddox down the line

Kitna- he started to come together and people like gannon and brad johnson show that sometimes it takes a while for the journeymen to develop into something great..give carson this year AND next year to learn and prepare

this ones a coin flip i like holcomb better but he still has to show he can do it over the long run

ugh a coin flip id rather see couch or holcomb traded to dallas :)

fielder..look at his record as a starter and look what happens to miami without him

Brunell let leftwich ease in like some other rookies..Brunell is basically auditioning for other teams next year so he will have a moderate fire under his ass so he can get signed next yearon a new team

delhomme ..sure he hasnt showed much but the basis for the panthers offense is going to be to just not make mistakes nothing more

please rob would get injured by my answer

you gotta go kurt on a super short leash..based on the fact that they decided to keep hm and gave him the roster bonus etc..personally id have traded him for picks and let bulger run the show and sign akili smith as the backup

I don't think it's a bad idea to start a rookie quarterback. Peyton Manning and David Carr both started as rookies from Game 1. Tim Couch did the same thing, and even though Holcombe beat him for the job this year, Couch isn't necessarily a bad QB. Also, I think Troy Aikman, Dan Marino and Drew Bledsoe both started right away. But then again, so did Ryan Leaf, so it's really hit-or-miss.

Marino did not start right away. He only appeared in 11 reg. season games (starting 9) his first year. David Woodley was the starter for the Dolphins in Marino's rookie year.

Bears: Kordell Stewart - Give him a chance to see what he can do in Chicago. If he can't perform then stick Grossman in.

Ravens: Chris Redman - He was doing ok before he got hurt last season, I'd like to see if he can put up decent to good numbers over an entire season.

Bengals: Jon Kitna - Let Palmer develop, Kitna isn't a bad option at QB.

Browns: Kelly Holcomb - Well this was decided already, let Couch sit and try to work through his problems, and see if maybe Holcomb is not just a one game fluke.

Cowboys: Chad Hutchinson - Just flipped a coin, neither of them has impressed me much.

Dolphins: Jay Fiedler - Not the most gifted QB or one that puts up monster numbers, but the Dolphins seem to win when Fiedler is starting.

Jaguars: Mark Brunell - Why they are even considering starting Leftwich is mind-boggling to me. Brunell should be good for at least one more season while Leftwich learns from the bench.

Panthers: Rodney Peete - Worked for them last year, why not stick with what works?

Redskins: Patrick Ramsey - Only cause he might develop into a good QB, with the way Spurrier uses QB's you really can't name a true #1 starter.

Rams: Kurt Warner - If Warner is 100% he's one of the best, if not the best quarterback in the NFL.

Guest Choken One
No starting a rookie almost never works out that first season. The only rookie qb in recent memory to put up decent numbers their first year was Rick Mirer of all people.

I thought Manning went to the playoffs his rookie season...doesn't Brady kinda count?

I thought Manning went to the playoffs his rookie season...doesn't Brady kinda count?

Manning didn't make the playoffs his rookie year, the Colts were 3-13. The next season however, the Colts went 13-3 and made the playoffs but lost to Tennessee in the second round.

Brady made the playoffs in his first full season, but he came into the league and did throw one pass in 2000.

Good job bumping this, Spiff...

Quick post - I'll edit to elaborate later...

Not bad. Warner DESERVED to start (he had that awe-inspiring preseason game), but the multiple concussions fucked him over.