TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kurt Angle Mark

Smackdown rating from last week

Last week's edition of Smackdown did a 3.5 broadcast rating, up from the previous week's 3.0. It needs to be noted however that due to the blackout conditions caused by last week's power outage over much of the Northeastern part of the US, Nielsen used data from a smaller sample size and thus, those who missed the show due to having no power were not figured in to the number.

credit: 1wrestling.com

So the rating went up when fewer people were even capable of watching it?

That's WWE logic, alright!

OK, they're saying that the people who couldn't see it weren't factored in, but they always try to translate the rating into "number of viewers", and this gives the impression that more people saw it when there's no way in hell.

My head hurts.

The week before had nothing but matches and skits to set up the Brock turn. There wasn't another vignette or promo or interview the whole night. That bores a lot of people after a while and they tune out. I actually liked Smackdown a lot better this week than last.

Isn't it almost always the quality of the last show that determines the rating of the upcoming edition? The show before last week's was pretty good and featured Brock's heel turn as the climax and also as a cliffhanger for the next week. Then the people tuned in to see what will happen next.

Or maybe I'm just talking crazy.