TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NoCalMike

"I don't do what they want anymore"

At first I thought "they" was the fans, but then before he lit RVD on fire he said, that whole thing again and I figured, umm, "they"(fans) WANTED rvd to be lit on fire!?! WTF......I hope I am just overanalyzing and this isn't leading to some HUGE angle to unfold who "they" are.....

Guest BionicRedneck

I'd just like to know when Kane turned from a dumbshit (someone who thinks everyone is laughing at him when they clearly aren't) to a somewhat smart monster.

Guest Danny Dubya v 2.0
<------ Doesn't want RVD to be set on fire.

We should just leave RVD to take care of that himself.

Guest KOR420

It's gonna sound all cool about who "They" is then it will end up being the brooklyn brawler and the san diego chicken controlling him

Kane whose upset because he's a freak. The same guy who told us last year it was cool to be a freak.

*sweat drop falls

They are the fans. When he faced Bischoff and then said "I'm not doing what you people want me to do anymore" he was obviously refering to the fans. So when he said to RVD that lighting him on fire is what 'they' wanted him to do, he was refering to the fans. Although I don't think the fans would want to see one of their favorite wrestlers set on fire. That could just be me though.

Guest DeputyHawk

they = the tiny invisible leprechaun sitting on kane's shoulder.

"burn them laddie, burn them all..."

Guest MissMattitude
They=The voices in his head

I second the motion....

I third it.

It definitely seems like the most reasonable explanation.

The least they could do before the Kane / RVD match starts is have a decent build-up video since RVD has been friends with Kane since January...

Guest Choken One

Ummm...Sure and I still think Kane is the actual Face in the whole deal...

THEY likely mean "The Voices"...which is where this is headed...

They oughta take one of the OVW divas and let them play a Shrink to figure out Kane...

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
I'd just like to know when Kane turned from a dumbshit (someone who thinks everyone is laughing at him when they clearly aren't) to a somewhat smart monster.

He was never dumb. He was a paranoid delusional.

Big difference.

They oughta take one of the OVW divas and let them play a Shrink to figure out Kane...

Or better yet...what ever happened to that girl that managed WOW wrestler Jackyln Hyde?

She could work for the part of the Kane Shrink (the manager, not Jackyln)

I don't know about voices, but I think that They = everyone but him. Everyone who expects him to lash out like that, by lighting RVD on fire. Since he feels the whole world is against him, lighting RVD on fire would've just given 'them' more reason to go up against him.

Guest Choken One

They really oughta just start spoofing movies with him now.

however...I'd mark if Kane showed up wearing the mask again...just for the hell of it

Guest Choken One

I also don't get why Burning JR was fine but RVD wasn't...

Don't those people want the same thing?

Guest Dynamite Kido
"They" are obviously the writers.

"they" want RVD to be set on fire...and Kane has decided to stop doing everything the stupid writers say.

That makes him a face in my book.

:cheers:

Guest Goodear
I also don't get why Burning JR was fine but RVD wasn't...

Don't those people want the same thing?

Think of Kane as an agent of chaos basically. Maybe he'll screw you up majorly and maybe he won't ... which is pretty much a heat drawing device since him killing people dead was going to turn him face if he kept doing it all the time. So now not being a psychotic makes him more of a heel. Wrestling in the 20th century... got to love it.

Umm, it was the 21st century last time I checked.

Not in Vince's mind--it's 1999 there.

Maybe "They" are an army of giant ants--oh wait, that's "Them!"

"They" probably are the voices in his head, randomly telling him to do something, egging him on, although he has opted to rebel. Or "they" are fans but he only THINKS they want him to do certain things. It's a mental problem in either case.

When he was unmasked, it was shown he lacked physical scars, but the shock stirred up old memories and revealed the mental scars the mask helped him cover up.

This is probably more thought than WWE actually has been putting into this angle, but hey, no harm in trying.