TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Youth N Asia

Will the 03 Tigers break the 62 Met's loss record?

Will the Tigers loses 121+  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Tigers loses 121+

• They will loses 121+
    • They won't break the record

The Detroit Tigers are 31-93. They have 38 games left and have to win 11 of those to keep from setting the record for most loses in a season, which would be 121. (The Mets went 40-120)

Although if they set it I'll be pissed if they Roger Maris this one and just an asterisk (*) next to their name for taking more games to do it.

Guest Choken One

The asterisk would be "They had 10 other games...and STILL couldn't win more"

Here's the rest of their schedule:

1 v Tex.

4 v Ana.

3 @ Cle.

3 v CWS

4 v Cle.

3 @ Tor.

3 @ NYY

4 v KC

3 v Tor.

3 @ Min.

3@ KC

4 v Min.

18 of these games are against teams not in postseason contention (Tex, Ana, Tor, Cle).

20 are (NYY, KC, MIN, CWS).

I'll put my money in the 121+ column...

Until the recent losing streak, I thought there was no chance, but I'm not sure now. The thing is if they get hot and sweep one series, then they'll only have to win 1 in each series after that.

One detriment to the record, more games against the White Sox, who they have been pretty successful against.

I don't think so. They have to maintain a .250 pace to break the record. They're better than that at least.

They're not better then that...31 wins out of 124 games is a .250 average.

I just remembered one of the most horrid facts in the history of the Baltimore Orioles:

They got swept in 3 games AT CAMDEN YARDS by the Tigers.

If the Tigers set the record for most losses, that will become magnified, possibly up there with the 21 game losing streak..

So definitely I want the Tigers to win more games.

Also, I can't imagine the 2005 All Star Game Home Run derby being fun to watch there.

Bonds hits it deep to right field way back..and its short on the warning track! (slightly exagerated of course, I bet Bonds is one of the few players who could hit 10 out of there)...

If they were smart, they'd move the fences in next year. The original intention of the fences being out so far was to help their pitchers but its obviously not working that way.

Make that 31-94...

The owner (who also owns the Red Wings) made coaches out of former Tigers that the fans really really like. So Alan Trammell, Lance Parish, and Kirk Gibson are still well liked by fans, so fans are not going to turn on them that quickly.

Owners should take more blame for a crap team then the manager...Trammell just has nothing to work with.

Great idea...piss Juan off, then move the fences in when you have no one left to hit home runs.

When Bobby Higginson has Juan behind him he was doing great. With any kind of homerun threat batting next the pitchers had to pitch to Bobby, and he did well. Now he's still a good player, but between not caring and having no one else on a team his numbers are in the crapper.

Owners should take more blame for a crap team then the manager...Trammell just has nothing to work with.

I'm sorry but the Tigers has inexperienced and young has they are should not be 31-94.

I'm sorry but the Tigers has inexperienced and young has they are should not be 31-94.

They're not...

They're 31-95 now

Trammell isn't really that good at managing right now

I think their record would still be 31-96 with anyone else coaching.

I disagree. The Tigers should not be this bad. No team should be this bad. You can't put the blame entirely on Trammel; but I don't think it's wrong to say he hasn't done a particularly good job.

I'm always sorta amazed at how everything is always the manager's fault. Granted, he can take a good portion of the blame in a justified manner, but not everything is his fault. Whenever something's going right, it's always because of the players, yet when things are going wrong, it's the manager's fault. Even though that's an asinine statement, that's how most people act, even though it's rarely true. Look at the Tiger's roster. You basically have an entire team of very young, inexperienced guys. They won't be winning anytime soon, but they're learning the game, learning the ropes of the major leagues, and that takes time. If they are kept together, you'll see them make progress soon enough. Maybe they won't be winning anytime soon, but I highly doubt next season will be this bad.

Edited by Bruiser Chong

I think just the opposite is true. The Managers never receive any of the blame from the media, and get all the credit if a team does anything right. That's just going by what the national media and local media say.It might be different other places.