TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Insane Bump Machine

The One and Only Smackdown! HCTP Thread

Lawler came up to me backstage, and told me he wants me to tag with Austin and go after the tag titles. I hate tag matches, so I'm gonna decline, and see what he says.

And now because we're in Oklahoma, JR just told me he'll call my match as best as he can....even though hes a friggin RAW commentator.

Oh god. People get hometown pushes?

They never ever should have given season mode to WWE Creative.

:lol:

Lawler came up to me backstage, and told me he wants me to tag with Austin and go after the tag titles.  I hate tag matches, so I'm gonna decline, and see what he says.

Ten bucks says "PUPPIES~!"

Nope, he got all snooty and made some comment about wasting his time. Then Vince came up and gave me a world title shot! Boo-yah! Fuck you Lawler!

Any details on CAW? Specifically the amount of moves available?

There are a shitload of moves available to start, and more to unlock. It took me about TWO HOURS to create my guy.

I still haven't seen this game in UK...if anyone has, PLEASE tell me where it is.

As for the game, I read PSW's review...and watched the DVD...the moment they said it was a more arcadey feeling game my heart just sank. Then they said the game was faster than last time. Plus I was so let down by season mode last year...plus I'm a slow learner, and have a short temper when I can't win...so, I'm not holding out hope that this'll be a 10/10 game

But I'm a pesimist. At least Downhome's got me hyped still.

Lawler came up to me backstage, and told me he wants me to tag with Austin and go after the tag titles.  I hate tag matches, so I'm gonna decline, and see what he says.

Ten bucks says "PUPPIES~!"

Nope, he got all snooty and made some comment about wasting his time. Then Vince came up and gave me a world title shot! Boo-yah! Fuck you Lawler!

Will yaou take a post-dated cheque?

I want everyone to take one guess as to who I'm using in season mode right now.

If you know me, you know the answer.

By the way, this is officially my favorite Pro. Wrestling game ever released in the US. I'll let you know in a few days if it goes any higher than that.

It's THAT damn good.

ack!

Spoiler (Highlight to Read):

HHH set up a match for me to see if I'm a worthy contender, and I have to win it in under 3 minutes? That's gonna suck

...any my opponent is Austin. oh fuck.

By the way, this is officially my favorite Pro. Wrestling game ever released in the US. I'll let you know in a few days if it goes any higher than that.

It's THAT damn good.

I don't know, I'm excited about the game (getting it tonight) but I'm worried Downhome is just hyping it so much it'll never live up to it for me.

I pray that I am wrong and this game is as fantastic as Downhome says. The other side of the coin has Coffey saying the game degenerates into nothing but button mashing and is boring and difficult. I don't know who to go with here, they're both extremes.

The other side of the coin has Coffey saying the game degenerates into nothing but button mashing and is boring and difficult. I don't know who to go with here, they're both extremes.

Honestly, I have no idea where he gets the idea that the game is "nothing but button mashing", I seriously don't. Sure you have to with the submission deal, but that's a good thing to me, it makes the entire thing more interactive instead of just "put on the submission and just watch it while you sit there hoping it submits the guy".

I love the sense of more control over what's going on in the ring.

The game is everything but boring, I haven't been bored a single second. The very first match I did was outstanding, and is one of my favorite matches I've ever had.

I mean, I was Hillbilly f'n Jim for crying out loud and it was a great match.

In terms of the game being diffucult, that's true in some cases. First off, it's a great deal harder than past SD games, or other games for that manner. That however is a good thing, when I play a wrestling game I don't want to go into each match KNOWING I'm going to win, that isn't fun at all.

I've already lost a couple of times, I love that.

If you are a big strong guy like Kane and you are taking on someone like Ultimo, then the match is easier for you. It's realistic that they have those who are stronger, to actually be able to take care of other people easier. On the other end of it, if you are a Mysterio and you are taking on Goldberg, THEN you have a hard time. Once again though, you SHOULD have a hard time in these cases, at least to me.

The grapple system is wonderful, each guy has 16 front grapples to choose from now in addition to all of the other moves you can do, so the matches never get boring, you just have so many options to choose from now, it's crazy.

I think some people are having a hard time figuring out when to press the commands to do the moves, that's all I can think of. When you grapple someone you press one of the four directions with the O button. Each direction stands for a certain set of moves (Strong, Submission, Signature, and Quick). When you enter that first command, you can then press one of the four directions once again with the O button to do a move from that set. You just have to enter the command at the right time, or the other guy will counter it or will break it up.

Again, it's all about the new AI in this game, it's just perfect (or close to perfect) this time around. I couldn't be more happier about it.

I want everyone to take one guess as to who I'm using in season mode right now.

If you know me, you know the answer.

Spoiler (Highlight to Read):

HHH? ;)

No you twat. ;)

Coffey, I think I know why you think this game is so difficult. It's very hard to get the hang of this, but the key things to remember is:

Start off with running attacks like the kicks and clotheslines. Then, when it comes to grappling, right and O attacks first. Those are the weakening ones. So do right-and-O, then up-and-O or down-and-O, etc. Weaken him up with that. Then after you start hurting him a little bit, go for the other moves like power moves and signature moves. If you start with power moves right off the bat, they'll just keep getting reversed and you'll get your ass kicked like I did the first few matches.

Keep in mind for grapples:

Up-And-O: Power Moves

Right-And-O: Weakening Moves

Left-And-O: Signature Moves

Down-And-O: Submission Moves

Good luck.

Well, I like the sound of the grapple system, because it does remind me of No Mercy's system a little bit. I also think the mashing for the submission moves sounds good as well, because it makes you work for it (will be lots of fun with friends playing).

It sounds great, but I guess I'll just have to wait and see until tonight.

Has anyone tried things with weapons or tables/ladders? How do they work? How do you get weapons in the game?

Keep in mind, I haven't bought a wrestling game since No Mercy (and Ultimate Muscle, but that's a different story) so I'm most familiar with a similar set-up.

I got my friend to drop off my PS2 at work and I am already enjoying the game very much. Don't know about best american wrestling game quite yet, but it's definitely on of my favs.

I haven't tried any of the special matches yet, but you get weapons from under the ring.

Woohoo, my next show is in Greenville, SC (less than an hour from me), heh.