TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Insane Bump Machine

The One and Only Smackdown! HCTP Thread

I haven't tried any of the special matches yet, but you get weapons from under the ring.

Woohoo, my next show is in Greenville, SC (less than an hour from me), heh.

So shows and matches take place in specific cities as well? Do they have any Canadian cities?

I haven't tried any of the special matches yet, but you get weapons from under the ring.

Woohoo, my next show is in Greenville, SC (less than an hour from me), heh.

So shows and matches take place in specific cities as well? Do they have any Canadian cities?

Yep, I've already had a Raw in Montreal, so there's at least one Canadian city. As far as specific matches in specific cities? Dunno, haven't had one yet.

THIS GAME IS AWESOME!

A few things...

1. I really like the submission system. The fight between submitting and getting to the ropes is pretty sweet.

2. I love how when you wrestle in the SmackDown set, you get the SmackDown ref.

3. Hell in the Cell is MUCH improved. I still don't like the ricockulously fast climb up the cage wall, but when you fall off or jump off the cell, you PAY THE PRICE.

All in all, I like what I see so far... I can already tell my grades are going up in flames this quarter.

THIS GAME IS AWESOME!

A few things...

1.  I really like the submission system.  The fight between submitting and getting to the ropes is pretty sweet.

2.  I love how when you wrestle in the SmackDown set, you get the SmackDown ref.

3.  Hell in the Cell is MUCH improved.  I still don't like the ricockulously fast climb up the cage wall, but when you fall off or jump off the cell, you PAY THE PRICE.

All in all, I like what I see so far... I can already tell my grades are going up in flames this quarter.

I've got 45 min till I can play...

RE: HIAC, is there still only one section in the middle to throw guys through - or is it like the WMX8-WMXIX series, where there're four spots you can put people through?

Guest Coffey

I actually have the game down pretty good now, and I'm winning at it. I started a season with Batista and I'm trying to make money.

I'm warming up a lot to this game, and I'm glad that I bought it. Handicap matches are still impossible however.

Goldberg's Spear is one of the best specials in the game. That animation is fucking incredible.

*does the This Game Kicks Ass Dance*

To me, those complaints about the "Confusing multiple grapples" are bunk. A simple glance in the instruction manual revealed it's as simple as remembering which direction is for which set of moves, and then I'm good.. and it's an awesome idea, IMO.

I've only played 3 matches in Season so far and I'm Ric Flair. The 2nd show I asked for an IC title match wnas won the belt. I then selected "Respect" as a post match option. Christian chatted with me in the parking lot at the next show, and I gained 5exp. for getting Christian's respect as well.

Has anyone bought anything from ShopZone? I'm guessing that the purchased cards are replaced by new ones... unless somehow there are only 6 new movesets and very limited new attires. Anyway, off to Week 4.

I actually have the game down pretty good now, and I'm winning at it. I started a season with Batista and I'm trying to make money.

I'm warming up a lot to this game, and I'm glad that I bought it. Handicap matches are still impossible however.

Goldberg's Spear is one of the best specials in the game. That animation is fucking incredible.

Pratice makes perfect young grasshopper.

The handicap matches aren't impossible btw, just keep on working at it.

If you don't fucking love the game already, you will soon. ;)

Now it's just a five minute walk to the campus mailroom to pick up the game.

Flik, the wait will be worth it, trust me - the first experience will be THAT much better because of it.

Lucky bastard, mine is sitting in East Syracuse, NY right now. I should get it tomorrow.

Curse you THQ for making me act like an 8 year old on Christmas Eve.

Has anyone bought anything from ShopZone?

I haven't bought anything yet, but I think I will right now. I've been holding off so I could save up enough to buy the Old School Undertaker.

He costs SD$35000, and I now have SD$38600 to spend.

Oh what the hell, I HAVE to unlock him right here and now, heh.

Here goes nothing!

Guest Coffey

I haven't bought anything yet, but I think I will right now. I've been holding off so I could save up enough to buy the Old School Undertaker.

Here goes nothing!

ABORT!

Get the "Superfly" instead!

Flik, the wait will be worth it, trust me - the first experience will be THAT much better because of it.

:huh:

Are you still talking about the game, or did you mean to post this in LSD?

Here goes nothing!

ABORT!

Get the "Superfly" instead!

It's too late, I just unlocked the OS Taker.

I'm about to have my first match as him. :D

Now THAT'S classic.

And THAT~! Is now sig worthy.

...uhh....

::runs to pick-up game::

Guest Scotsman

I love how Royal Rumbles everyone starts with two specials. I've ALWAYS wanted that.

I just thought of something to those of you SD:HTCP players. Wouldn't knowning your own wrestler that you are using, actually be better for you?

If you know that wrestler better, and want to use like Elbow To Neck, and you know the wrestler very well, couldn't you just immediately get the function down pat that you could just kick the wholy living hell out of your opponent?

Just thought I'd ask some of you owners that, so that I can get an idea of if it is better to get accustomed to a player, or you can pick any wreslter and start whooping ass.

I wish I could fucking figure out how to jump over the ropes to the outside of the ring.

Or how to do springboard moves, and all of that.

In SYM it's run towards ropes--->dodge(square)--->strike(X)

In all of the matches I ever played in SYM, I never did that.

Thank you.

holy crap! (specific storyline spoiler)

Spoiler (Highlight to Read):

Bischoff attacked JR in Oklahoma, I defended him. Then the next week I had a tag match against Booker T and D-Von, with Lawler as my partner. The next week I finally got my first ever win over Booker T(in four attempts) and Bischoff came down to fire me. Right before he did though, Vince's music hit and he signed a match between myself and Bischoff for Bad Blood, in a cage!

I dunno if this is really fucking cool or really fucking lame, but I'm still marking out. I get to beat up Bischoff, wee!