TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KTID

Greatest Wrestler Of All-Time

Who is the all-time greatest in-ring wrestler?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the all-time greatest in-ring wrestler?

• The Dynamite Kid
    • Tiger Mask (Satoru Sayama)
    • Chris Benoit
    • Jushin "Thunder" Liger
    • Jumbo Tsuruta
    • Mitsuhara Misawa
    • Toshiaki Kawada
    • Ric Flair
    • Bret Hart
    • Shawn Michaels

The Hitman.

2nd Flair and 3rd... Tiger Mask

I seen almost nothing of Jumbo, Misawa, Kawada and Lyger, but... talking about High Flying (Lyger) stuff... Tiger Mask CREATE High Flying.

Benoit... I love him but been honest, technical is not enough, you have to be a showman too, and Bret is way much better.

The more I watch Jumbo Tsuruta, the more I believe that he should be required fucking viewing for all. If any of you liked what you saw through the big four in All Japan during the 90s, you can indirectly thank him. He was the best male wrestler I've ever seen, this coming from somebody who's watched many of the the Big Four's best matches, the juniors, and many US "Money Matches." He wrestled so many different wrestlers and adapted to their styles so well (watch his matches with Ric Flair, making him turn it up a notch, along with his matches with Terry Funk, Harley Race, Tenryu, Misawa as TM2, Misawa, Kawada, Kobashi, etc) and he's the most unselfish wrestler I've ever watched. Just an outstanding wrestler, who also had that ability to connect with the fans, EVEN when he was a surly bastard beating on the young upstarts.

Female wise, Akira Hokuto. Hands down at this point. I haven't watched enough of Aja Kong or Jaguar Yokota, so I can't really make an attempt at that yet.

Worst poll ever. Where is Rikidozan, Lou Thesz, or Steve Austin?

Austin belongs on the overall list but based on an overall set of criteria I wouldn't rank the guy any higher then top 15 or 20. His body of work doesn't warrant a GOAT ranking.

Guest Dynamite Kido

On the list I picked Dynamite (of course), but Tsuruta and Flair make strong cases as well as Steamboat and Bret Hart as well.......

Guest Doyo
The Dynamite Kid(Never really understood why people like him... But then, I've only seen 2 matches... Neither of which I finished, because they were boring...

Ric Flair(Well, basically he sucked. He was never that good a wrestler. Well, maybe for the 70's, but... Nobody talks about the "Great matches of the 70's".

What you smoking son?? Flair carried everyone from the fatman Dusty Rhodes to

big stiffs like Nikita Koloff to decent matches. Even in his old age he somehow

carried people like Vince Russo to watchable matches. And then there are all of

his great matches against people like Steamboat, Race and 200 other guys. Year

after year... match after match... city after city... territory after territory. He often had 60

minute matches at noon and then he would drive to another town and work another

60 minute match that night. He can still throw together a better match than half

the WWE roster.

Chris Benoit(CRIPPLAH~! \m/ I love Chris, If I was a gay man, I'd fuck him. OH, WAIT, I AM A GAY MAN~! HAHAHAHA LOL2003~!  He is the epitome of everything North American Wrestling should be... Speaking of epitomes, WHERE THE HELL IS ANGLE ON THIS POLL~!?)

He patterned his whole style after his idol, the Dynamite Kid. Chris would smack

you upside the head and make you watch Dynamite Kid matches.

This poll should really be called greatest 1970s - present, not all time.