Soul Calibur II

Which console version?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Which console version?

• Gamecube (Link)
    • Playstation 2 (Heihachi)
    • XBOX (Spawn)

Guest EQ

I'm going for the cube version myself, maybe down the line one day I'll pick up an XBOX version cheap so I can play as Spawn

Gamecube.  Not just because of Link, but also Nintendo needs my support a hell of a lot more than Sony does.

Then buy F-Zero. SC2 is a third-party game.

I likely will, but buying games on Gamecube instead of PS2 when I have a chance still helps.

Guest The Notorious CRD

Gamecube all the way, for more reasons than the fact that Link is in the game.

The ad campaigns are really getting to me.

Could they be any more Link-centric? I haven't seen one commercial that didn't focus on Link entirely.

Not one.

Plus all the commericals that say "Only on the Nintedo Gamecube" for some reason.

Guest JaKyL25

XBox probably. The good graphics of the GC version, and a MUCH more fighting game friendly controller.

If it wasn't for the controller issues, though, I'd choose GC.

Yes people actually play the "lame-ass" gimmick characters. Hell I think they rule. I mean you can't really get Link or Spawn in another fighting game...but Hei...you can get him in Tekken...I don't know why they didn't come up with a better gimmick character.

Could they be any more Link-centric? I haven't seen one commercial that didn't focus on Link entirely.

Not one.

Plus all the commericals that say "Only on the Nintedo Gamecube" for some reason.

Yeah, that bugged me, too.

Well, I'm still getting the 'Cube version, so we'll see how the controller works.

I've played the Japanese X-Box version *cheers for "adjusted" X-Boxes* and Spawn is pretty cool, but fairly slow and not great reach. A button masher can take him down but going toe to toe with him can end it pretty quick.

Button mashers aren't hard to beat, they're just boring to play. You can't use any psychology against them because they don't pay enough attention to the game to fall for it, so you have to just play a spacing game and counterattack with safe moves. It's repetitive and boring, so that's why I think button mashers make the game unfun.

Guest Sakura

Yeah...but it is fun to beat down mashers who think they rule.

Even better is the scrubs who think "mastering" a game = knowing moves.

Heihachi is the best novelty character. At least he's from a Namco fighting game series. Link isn't even proportioned right. He looks absurd. It's like Gon all over.

It's funny Sakura...no matter how much you protest people are still going to buy the GC verson for Link. You protest like you'll make EVERYONE change there mind and if they don't well there an idiot. Give it up....people are going to buy what they want.

Oh and the funniest thing to do to a button masher is this...in a capcom fighting game just repeatedly sweep them...they can't ever block it and end up red faced by the end. What you just did didn't take any skill but it was funny and pissed them off.

Guest Sakura
It's funny Sakura...no matter how much you protest people are still going to buy the GC verson for Link. You protest like you'll make EVERYONE change there mind and if they don't well there an idiot. Give it up....people are going to buy what they want.

Uh, WTF? So...you can support Link and Spawn and say that Hei is weak but when I reply back supporting Heihachi as the best I am "protesting", "trying to change everyone's mind" and need to give it up?

Not one.

That's because the "Link-Centric" only for GCN commercials are....

MADE BY NINTENDO!!!

*gasp*

LOL... j/k. I'm just saying. Seriously, though, it's not Namco's fault that Nintendo seems to be the only one pushing their game. People are going to think that is is Gamecube-only, but when they say that, they just mean that the version featuring Link is GCN-exclusive, which it is.

So the whole commercial is about Link, then they say it is only for GCN. Which is not a lie. Perhaps misleading, but not a lie.

Guest Sakura

Nintendo doesn't seem to know what "only for" means. DOOM II is only for GBA? uh..ok.

We've had this thread already.

I'll go for Xbox because I'm not buying any special controller so that I can play it for half a damn on the Cube.

You don't need a special controller. I've found that I love using the Gamecube controller for fighting games. I thought I wouldn't, but for some reason I do.