TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tpww7

ROH Glory by Honor 2003

Ring Of Honor will hold Glory By Honor II on September 20th at the Murphy Recreation Center in South Philadelphia. Just signed for this event is a special addition to the Raven vs. CM Punk feud. While these two look to finally settle their differences on 9/6 in Wakefield, MA inside a steel cage, they will get to choose each other's opponents for 9/20.

Raven has already gone ahead and selected the legendary Terry Funk as CM Punk's opponent. On September 20th you will see for the first time ever CM Punk vs. Terry Funk!!! Punk has stated he will reveal Raven's opponent on 9/20 soon.

Guest Stevie Franchise

I hope CM picks Al Snow as Raven's oppenent so we can a battle of a former and current heat announcer

Guest Choken One

Snow isn't under a wrestling contract so sure why not?

Likely it'll be th recently available Credible.

Snow isn't under a wrestling contract so sure why not?

Likely it'll be th recently available Credible.

Credible has been in ROH since June (Night of the Grudges)

He's part of the Carnage Crew wrestling undercard matches to fire the crowd up

It won't be a mat classic but assuming they make it a stipulation match where no Code of Honor should apply- Funk will mask his weaknesses.

The match will also have tons of heat, lots of blood and some sick spots.

Tommy Dreamer sounds like the most logical choice but

a) He's a face

b) Would WWE let him do it

c) Why would Punk choose him to fight Raven after Dreamer bashed his head in with a chair

I agree with you that WWE may not let Dreamer do it, Bob, but as for why Punk would pick him, it would just go along with the "mind games" aspect of the feud.

Raven picked Cabana as his partner earlier this year, before Cabana turned heel on him.

Punk would want to see Raven and Dreamer "kill each other" since he knows their backstory and what they're capable of, violence wise.

So in those aspects, it fits.

but as for why Punk would pick him, it would just go along with the "mind games" aspect of the feud.

But why would Dreamer say yes? He's not under a ROH contract and he hates Punk.

Raven picked Cabana as his partner earlier this year, before Cabana turned heel on him.

But Cabana and Punk had the on again off again on again off again on again relationship. Dreamer and Punk don't.

Punk would want to see Raven and Dreamer "kill each other" since he knows their backstory and what they're capable of, violence wise.

That makes sense but why would Dreamer agree to it in kayfabe?

It could also be Steve Corino.

Steve Corino would be a VERY odd choice. Has no-one even thought of Colt Cabana, because everyone is thinking of someone else. ROH might be laughing their asses off at all of the speculation.

OK. Probably not, but it's an idea.

I think ROH knows that if it's Colt Cabana- The fans would riot.

Corino could work- They were both in ECW and they could probably think of a reason to hate each other.

The fans would riot ? Hmm, those are good fans. Pfft.

As for Corino, his match with Homicide is being praised to holy hell so maybe he could do a good brawl with Raven. As for Cabana, I think he could have a REALLY good match with Raven.

Tommy Dreamer v Raven is a money match and if WWE let them do it they would. Can anyone HONESTLY say they wouldnt wanna see Raven and Dreamer battle on a big show one more time ? I know I would, and ROH MAY have the chance to deliver if WWE give them the chance.

I can honestly say I would not like to see it. Dreamer is washed up, and nobody cared the time they feuded in ECW for the second time. They had the coolest feud going at one point, but now, Raven and Tommy Dreamer would suck.

You gotta admit.

Raven has worked well with Douglas recently, so maybe.

All I saw from the Douglas/Raven TNA match was Douglas dominating most of the match while Raven bled like a pig and only got in a little offense, and then the fluke small package to finish the match.

I agree tpww. Because, I think Raven couldve had the same match with Mabel, and still came out looking like a million bucks, because the formula to the match was simple. What about AJ Styles ? There is a slight chance there.

Guest Choken One
but as for why Punk would pick him, it would just go along with the "mind games" aspect of the feud.

Because he hates Raven even more?

Because he hates Raven even more?

On Death Before Dishonor, they hugged in the ring and shared a beer.

Guest ToddRoyal
CM Punk has selected Steve Corino as Raven's opponent for "Glory By Honor" on 9/20 in Philadelphia. We haven't gotten word about how Corino feels about this although he is now contractually obliged to wrestle Raven on 9/20.

So there ya go. Corino/Raven. Needless to say, expect blood in THAT match as well...