TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
shlidgn90

triple h pinned tonight

tonight, at the memphis house show triple h did the job to jerry lawler in a tag match featuring lawler/michaels and trip/flair. other results

match 1: val venis vs. christian

this was an hard fought good match with christian winning via unprettier. the memphis crowd was into everything both wrestlers did.

match 2: rico/steven richards/mark henry/rodney mack vs. hurricane/rosey/garrison cade/mark jindrack

not a good match, but the memphis crowd loved rosey for some reason. hurricane and rosey did an f-5/spinning neckbreaker combo for the win.

match 3: test vs. scott steiner

test was over as an heel big time using cheap heat by teasing an stacy dance. the match was terrible as expected given the two participants. steiner was blown up after two minutes. steiner won using his flatlinerish finisher. after the match, stacy was about to dance again, but test dragged her out to an big chorus of boos.

match 4: molly holly vs. trish stratus vs. jazz with special referee lance storm

an ok match that the crowd didn't like at all during the beginning. both heels doubleteamed trish mostly during the match. molly wins with an rollup. after the match, both heels keep fighting trish leading into lance storm becoming involved and saving the day. for his troubles, lance was rewarded with an kiss.

match 5: randy orton vs. maven

when evolution music played, the crowd exploded expecting triple h. when orton came out, he got x-pac heat. terrible match which bored most of the crowd into a bathroom break. i left during this match and didn't come back until the match was finished, which orton won.

match 6: la resistance and rob conway vs. dudleys

the dudleys were over huge, and i mean huge. the match was just an standard six-man match with the same rock and roll express formula. highlight (or lowlight) of the match was when bubba ray bounced off the ropes and fell out of the ring land right on his BUTT. the duds win with 3-d on conway.

highlight reel was real long. standard interview where the results were stone cold stuns everyone. only in this case, the microphones barely worked.

match 7: lawler/hbk vs. flair/triple h

this was an ok old school match carried by flair completely. lawler beat triple h with and flying fistdrop. before the match, hunter cut an promo saying he wasn't putting lawler over in memphis so when it happened the local legend recieved pop of the night.

match 8: rvd vs. kane (steel cage)

terrible match. neither rvd nor kane did anything of note. kane wins with an very ugly top-rope chokeslam.

Yeah, but they had to set up the cage, and having to take it down again would kill the crowd

Exactly.

At least Lawler got the win in his hometown though, ESPECIALLY against Hunter!

Guest wwF1587

meh its a house show, and those mean nothing anymore... cameras dont see it... it doesnt count...

Guest Choken One

No Shit...

But let's go ahead and talk about why the "non-wrestler" can go over in his hometown but Booker and others aren't allowed already and get it over with

If you had put "at Memphis House Show" I would have known who without clicking.

Of course, you know that at some point down the road HHH gets a win over Lawler..

From CO's post above -

But let's go ahead and talk about why the "non-wrestler" can go over in his hometown but Booker and others aren't allowed already and get it over with

Well, uh..I don't know, but my guess is that its a combination of 2 factors

1)This was a House Show

2)Lawler is a Legend in Memphis, how many people in Houston care that Booker is from Houston?

damn all the edits

Edited by MarvinisaLunatic

Guest Choken One

There's your HHH mastermind...

He'll wait for Memphis to have a ppv and do the whole Old Hometown vet fights for ONE more chance at glory and squashes him.

There's your HHH mastermind...

He'll wait for Memphis to have a ppv and do the whole Old Hometown vet fights for ONE more chance at glory and squashes him.

If the WWE plans on having Triple H vs. Jerry Lawler on a pay-per-view, we've got bigger problems than Triple H squashing Lawler in return for a job at a house show.

my thoughts on the show

- christian is getting huge lately, he looks twenty pounds bigger than he was at the beginning of this year.

- wwe needs to have val/christain at the next ppv. they work together real well.

- for some reason, people love that s.h.i.t gimmick. rosey was over big tonight.

- victoria is hot in person, jackie gayda isn't however.

- stacy looked high tonight. she's also crackhead skinny. test need to feed her.

- trish stratus performance tonight was amatuer. molly and jazz held up their end as trish just held up her blouse (unsucessfully).

- nobody gave a damn about randy orton tonight, and they jeered maven after his match

- steve austin and jericho are amazing ad-libbers. they had redo most of their stuff on the fly due to technical difficulties and drunk front-row fans.

- the crowd really wanted goldberg during the evolution tag match. randy orton came out, but jerry lawler simply fought him off until maven evened the sides.

- ric flair is the best worker on raw next to jericho.

- triple h physically looks terrible. he's overweight and his legs look like pencils.

- the crowd left on a downer after the cage match.

Guest Choken One

because it was televised...this wasn't and they slobbered over Flair's cock that night anyways...

Now, were you, shlidgn, there? Or is this a report from somewhere?

Because an F5/Swinging Neckbreaker combo is damn near impossible to do without breaking SOMETHING. Now, Samoan Drop/Neckbreaker? Perfectly acceptable, and been Helms' big tag move since 3Count.

Guest wildpegasus

Good thinking by HHH. Put over the announcers so when they're commentating they put over you.

Guest Coffey

I know that this is just a house show, but I hope it means Christian & Morley are in line for a program together. I would like to see Morley win some gold again...

Guest Dave O'Neill, Journalist

Wouldnt Lawler do it anyway, since he's supposed to be, you know, heel anouncer

Guest The Old Me

HHH is a diabolical bastard!

I'm kind of surprised Jerry got a clean win. I know house shows don't count for shit anymore, but still. I'll give HHH credit there.

HHH just knows the truth--announcers kick wrestler's asses. Just look at JR and Lawler's records in the ring.

They should all be thankful a McMahon wasn't around to demolish them all.

Ok, that was bitter. I'll stop now.

Mind you, McMahon in his announcing days was studly and buffed lol.

OK, anyways, I don't care about house shows ...

... but I'm a mark for the old McMahon.

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK BODY DROP !

Guest Retro Rob

Actually I remember Lawler going over another heel at a house show in Memphis and footage of it was aired on that next Raw.

Guest TheGame2705
tonight, at the memphis house show triple h did the job to jerry lawler in a tag match featuring lawler/michaels and trip/flair. other results

match 1: val venis vs. christian

this was an hard fought good match with christian winning via unprettier. the memphis crowd was into everything both wrestlers did.

match 2: rico/steven richards/mark henry/rodney mack vs. hurricane/rosey/garrison cade/mark jindrack

not a good match, but the memphis crowd loved rosey for some reason. hurricane and rosey did an f-5/spinning neckbreaker combo for the win.

match 3: test vs. scott steiner

test was over as an heel big time using cheap heat by teasing an stacy dance. the match was terrible as expected given the two participants. steiner was blown up after two minutes. steiner won using his flatlinerish finisher. after the match, stacy was about to dance again, but test dragged her out to an big chorus of boos.

match 4: molly holly vs. trish stratus vs. jazz with special referee lance storm

an ok match that the crowd didn't like at all during the beginning. both heels doubleteamed trish mostly during the match. molly wins with an rollup. after the match, both heels keep fighting trish leading into lance storm becoming involved and saving the day. for his troubles, lance was rewarded with an kiss.

match 5: randy orton vs. maven

when evolution music played, the crowd exploded expecting triple h. when orton came out, he got x-pac heat. terrible match which bored most of the crowd into a bathroom break. i left during this match and didn't come back until the match was finished, which orton won.

match 6: la resistance and rob conway vs. dudleys

the dudleys were over huge, and i mean huge. the match was just an standard six-man match with the same rock and roll express formula. highlight (or lowlight) of the match was when bubba ray bounced off the ropes and fell out of the ring land right on his BUTT. the duds win with 3-d on conway.

highlight reel was real long. standard interview where the results were stone cold stuns everyone. only in this case, the microphones barely worked.

match 7: lawler/hbk vs. flair/triple h

this was an ok old school match carried by flair completely. lawler beat triple h with and flying fistdrop. before the match, hunter cut an promo saying he wasn't putting lawler over in memphis so when it happened the local legend recieved pop of the night.

match 8: rvd vs. kane (steel cage)

terrible match. neither rvd nor kane did anything of note. kane wins with an very ugly top-rope chokeslam.

Can anyone de-smarkify these results? I thought I was gonna read "HHH is the devil" at the end or in there somewhere. Saying Flair carried a match with HBK and HHH is laughable too.