TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Bauer

Well Rounded Music Fans

I don't see them as being great or anything it's just the fact that what they do, as bad or good or whatever it may be musically, just sounds good. I think the lyrics can be shawdy at times from these people but there is also a level of bounciness and catchiness from GC that I like.

The whole Metallica thing is definately debateable, as people will always argue that Metallica arent overrated and shit like that.

People always tell me how overrated Manic Street Preachers and Metallica are and I don't see how. Metallica are a very talented band and believe all the hype they get. Manic Street Preachers just rock full stop.

MSP came into this because they are an example of a band that are called overrated.

As for the Sum 41, what can I say, I'm a sucker for the blatant cheesiness that drips off of them.

Even I have given some pop punk a try and some of them, if they play to their cheese factor and make it entertaining like Bowling for Soup or something like that, then I can get into them.

Good Charlotte is like every annoying habit or attitude of today's youth all rolled into one. Now if it were supposed to be a parody of today's youth then maybe I'd understand, but sadly they seem to be serious.

Sum 41 I used to hate because of the whole "anti-conformity" attitude that is so idiotic, but they really showed me something at the Metallica Icon concert and I atleast think they have some talent that could be harnessed if they ever grow up a little and move away from the dumb kid attitude.

Edited by LaParkaYourCar

Sum 41 I used to hate because of the whole "anti-conformity" attitude that is so idiotic, but they really showed me something at the Metallica Icon concert

was that the show that they did the "3 generations of metal" medley?

They did a Metallica Medley that was really good.

Some people just do not like easy listening British music.

That actually brings me to a point, to the US actually put out these bands ? Ive heard of Dave Matthews and heard he's a kinda easy listening but I aint heard him myself.

Please, for my mental health, don't put DMB anywhere near the same thought as Coldplay.

I can see why Dave fans might like them, but Coldplay is absolutely inferior.

I like Robbie Williams loads. While yes, he's not Elvis in terms of voice or Lennon in terms of songwriting, I think compared to the rest of the current artists around he would be in my top dozen. At least what he's doing is different. And yes, he is a prick, but I still think he's musically good.

Whilst I should be above hating people simply for their taste in music, I'm afraid that when somebody's justification for liking things is 'they rock' and nothing more, you wonder if humans shouldn't just give it all up to the insects right now.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

What's with the Sum 41 blowjobs? They write and play lousy annoying music, when they might actually be capable of doing something decent. I don't see them ever doing anything different, aside from maybe going the way of Green Day, playing trite ballads and songs trying to harken back to when their lives were fun and worthwhile.

I'll just look at the last three concerts I've gone to and the one I'm going to Wednesday night to show me I'm a well rounded music fan:

The Drifters at a small local fair last October

SR-71 and the Exies at a dinky ass club last November (Could fit 350 people max)

Paul Rodgers and Kansas(I swear I went to see Paul Rodgers) at a huge club(3000 people) this June

ZZ Top and Ted Nugent at the local hocky arena.

Not only a wide range of bands but a wide range of venues.