TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lil' Bitch

What is your favorite WWE PPV theme of 2002?

"Cocky" by Kid Rock for Royal Rumble, used in the actual Royal Rumble Build-Up Video (the song was removed for the VHS / DVD release)

"Feel So Numb" by Rob Zombie for No Way Out, used in the Austin / Jericho Build-Up (the song was also removed for the VHS / DVD release)

"Superstar" by Saliva for Wrestlemania XVIII, used for the WM Highlight Video

"Tear Away" by Drowning Pool for Wrestlemania XVIII also, used for the Jericho / Helmsley Build-Up

"Young Grow Old" by Creed for Backlash, used for the Helmsley / Hogan Build-Up

"Broken" by Twelve Stones for Judgment Day, wasn't used in any build-ups though

"Ride of Your Life" by Neurotica for King of The Ring, wasn't used also

"Downfall" by TRUSTCompany for Vengeance, used for the Undertaker/ Rock / Angle Build-up

"Fight" (WWE Produced) for SummerSlam, used for the Michaels / Helmsley Build-up

"Adrenaline" by Gavin Rossdale (the lead singer of Bush) for Unforgiven, used for the Lesnar / Undertaker Build-up

"No Mercy" (WWE Produced) for No Mercy, used for the Lesnar / Undertaker II Build-up

"Always" by Saliva for Survivor Series, used for the Elimination Chamber Build-up

"The End" (WWE Produced) for Armageddon, used for the Helmsley / Michaels Build-up

My favorite would be both Adrenaline along with Lesnar / Undertaker (Part I). The song just blended so well with the build-up. I also like Feel So Numb, Fight, and The End for themes. The Undertaker / Rock / Angle build-up would probably be my 2nd favorite.

I really thought the Young Grow Old up video was really good with Hogan/HHH...better then it had any right to be.

I'd either go with Adrenaline or Always.

"Fight" was probably the best WWE produced song ever for a WWE event, though.

Adrenaline and Always. Both were great in the video packages for their PPV main events: Taker vs. Brock and Elimination Chamber. I agree with Cawthon... Control for Survivor Series 2001 was great.

Guest Dmann2000

And while we're on the subject, I want the old WWF logo flying across the desert with the hard rock riff.

Guest The Real Nosferatu

I like "Superstar" (Saliva) the most for an odd reason.

Cocky was cool bnecause of the inserted "What?!"s from Austin.

Always ok.

The Others I don't remember much.

To echo earlier sentiments, "Adrenaline" and "Always".

Adrenaline: The video package for Brock/Taker is absolutely awesome - Brock kicking off the beat with his "fake attack taunt" on a pregnant Sara is a prime production job. Also, the Desire video for the Undertaker (housed on the DVD version) stands beside Angle's Clocks, Austin's My Sacrifice and HHH's Beautiful Day as wonderful career retrospectives of the worker.

Always: The title track simply fit the PPV, even BEFORE any matches were announced -remember the video package with the cameras hovering over MSG? Anyway, the Elimination Chamber video package tops all "PPV match video packages" for the year - HBK un-intentionally lip-syncing the lyrics to "Always" in the video package is absolute GOLD.

Not to mention the music video for Always on the Survivor Series 2002 DVD.

Edited by bravesfan

I like Superstar by Saliva, but my fave of all time video wise is the Cactus Jack vs HHH NWO 00 video that gives me goose bumps everytime.

Guest ToddRoyal

"Cocky" worked the best IMO, but "The End", "Fight", and "Young Grow Old" were also really effective

I thought 'Broken' was used for the Taker-Hogan buildup.

I'd figure it would be, but its not. Not on the VHS / DVD anyway. An opera-like song is used for the Jericho / HHH build-up. But Broken is still on the DVD though. Kinda weird since its still on there, but wasn't used for anyway of the build-ups.

Here's the weird thing about "Fight"...when it first came out, I liked it with the Nu-Metal type voice....then they had the WWE "End is Here" voice guy do it...and I liked that MUCH better.

The 1st version of Fight is on the DVD, and I didn't like that as much as the Anthology version....but when Anthology came out, I liked the DVD version better.

So really when you think about it, that song is great...twice.

And even though Fight was for the whole event...it was PERFECT, I mean PERFECT for HBK/HHH.