TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Crowe

What is this crap?

CIGARETTES labelled light or mild will be banned and movies featuring smoking will be censored under proposed changes to toughen smoking laws in Australia.

The Federal Government plan would ban cigarette vending machines and compel shops to sell tobacco products from under the counter.

I mean what the fuck? Honestly, does the government think by removing one word from a packet of cigarettes would make people stop buying 'em? If anything, removing Light or Mild froma cigarette packet would make people more likely to buy stronger cigarettes... THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT STRENGTH THEY'RE BUYING BECAUSE THERE IS NO FUCKING LABEL! This gets me a little, but CENSORING movies that have characters smoking cigarettes in it...

IT'S JUST SO FUCKING STUPID!

What are we!? Fucking children!? We CAN and WILL decide what we do with our lives! Cigarettes are bad for you... and everyone knows this! What's censoring smoking in movies going to do!? ADULTS ARE NOT GOING TO BE INFLUENCED TO SMOKE BY A MOVIE! Children is a different story, but we have so many programs designed to teach youth about the dangers of smoking so that they can choose for themself. What happens if the main character of a movie smokes? Are we just going to cut whole scenes because there's smoke in the air!?

BULLSHIT

FUCKING HORSE SHIT

I HATE THIS GOVERNMENT

I just don't understand. Cigarettes companies are copping so much motherfucking shit over advertising, selling, everything when there's just as EVIL drug being advertised and sold all the time, this being alcohol. The number one leader of mental retardation, the number one cause of accidents, abuse, alcoholism destroys families, but... why.. why is this drug and its makers getting fucked up!?

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh

Wow. That vent was needed. I just wonder, what's next? A smoking ban in the open air?

Sigh.

Guest Suicide King

You're lucky you're a member of our community Crowe, or I would totally delete this. Aussie schmuck.

Besides, this won't affect you until they ban light marijuana, right? ;)

:) Hehe.

Actually, this does affect me because I do smoke Mild cigarettes (which are 12s in the Dunhill range). The movie censorship gets to me because full stop, it's fucking censorship, and I'm against all kinds of censorship. I hate it with a passion, and plus, this stupid fucking law ruins my dreams of creating hardcore smoking characters in my movies. :)

Guest Suicide King

You have to know how long and hard I thought about deleting your anti-censorship sentence, just to be a prick.

Guest Suicide King

No, I am a prick. I just limit myself to deleting the posts of the underground revolution that has sprung up against my enlightened despotism.

Be happy you don't live in NY. They have instituted a smoking ban on all public indoors places, which means that even if you're out at a bar with friends, you STILL have to go outside to smoke. I've gotta give Crowe my support here (even though I hate his guts on that other thread :)) because I'm fucking sick and tired of people treating smokers like we're some kind of alien that needs to be quarantined whenever possible. In a lot of places here in DC, not only can I not smoke inside (which I understand), but I can't even walk outside to smoke...I have to go to some designated area outside to smoke...you know, with the rest of "my kind". Or the fucking airport...WTF?? I mean, if you're gonna make us go in that little smoking room, the least you could do is put a fucking fan in there you dipshits. You walk in and it's like you've already got your fix...and cancer to boot. They fuck us constantly with their laws and their bans and their "You can't smoke here...you can't smoke there". It's fucking bullshit is what it is Crowe...and I feel you completely. There's such a huge push to tell everyone that smoking is bad for you (somethign we already fucking know), while alcohol remains relatively untouched. They're a few things about alcohol out there, but not nearly to the extent as there is with cigarettes. But what's more dangerous to more people?? Huh? Drinking or smoking? Smoking might kill ME in like 50 years....but drinking could potentially kill not only me, but any number of other people RIGHT FUCKING NOW! Being drunk makes you do stupid shit and possibly hurt people, while cigarettes don't affect my consciousness in the immediate, and will hurt only me down the road some time. It's fucking bullshit...

Da "it's not only your government Crowe" H

Guest Suicide King

Hell... we need to round up all you smokers into a place where you could all be concentrated... like a summer camp...

Yeah...

(Y) Thugg :)

I hear ya, man. We've had smoking/non-smoking public place regulations happening for a while, but now they're pushing for completely smoke free and they're getting it. It's not cool, I thought the smoking/non-smoking rooms worked very well, that was everyone was happy, but no no no, not anymore, just not enough anymore. It annoys me. All of it.

I'm just tired of it all.

Be happy you don't live in NY. They have instituted a smoking ban on all public indoors places, which means that even if you're out at a bar with friends, you STILL have to go outside to smoke.

Also the case in California, as my poor, nic-fitting, alcoholic brother found out. I still don't know what was wrong with the separate smoking room legislation that preceded the total smoking ban.

Guest Suicide King

It occurs to me, just to be a devil's advocate, that part of the reason that I have asthma, allergies, Reactive Airway Disorder, and overall the lungs of an eighty-year old man is because my dad smoked around me. Granted, the majority of it is because I grew up in Tokyo, the second most air polluted city on the planet. They'll catch Mexico City one of these days, I tells ya.

You grew up in Japan? That's cool. But yeah, I hear they have to wear gas masks and stuff over there?

Or was that just a scene in Captain Planet?

I'm serious. I don't know.

Guest Suicide King

It isn't that bad; at least, it wasn't when I was there. But boy oh boy, that grey haze they call an atmosphere does not funciton when you need it, like to sustain life.

Guest Suicide King

Well, you have to sleep on the couch, because I get to share the bed with G.