TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JasonX

Hollywood Tells Hunter: You're No Austin or Rock

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/new...hp?news_id=7555

- Triple H and Stephanie McMahon have been trying to land acting roles in Hollywood recently, but have had little luck. The word is that Hollywood doesn't really know who Triple H is and isn't interested in putting wrestlers in acting roles right now. Triple H is said to have been surprised that he wasn't accepted in Hollywood like The Rock and Steve Austin have been.

Credit: 1wrestling.com

Guest Coffey

Ha!

I wouldn't say that Steve Austin was accepted either though. I mean, he did that USA show...with the Miami Vice duder.

Guest Choken One

U mean Nash Bridges...A Popular Hit network Action show that lasted 6 years and was a reaccuring character?

Guest Choken One
Actually wasn't there talk that CBS wanted to turn Austin's character from Nash Bridges into it's own spinoff.

Yes...He turned it down because he was getting geared for his return to the ring...

Guest Coffey

Yeah, Nash Bridges. I couldn't remember the name of the show.

Nor did I realize it was on the air that long.

Was it actually popular?

Guest Coffey

I will admit that the only time I ever watched the show was when I saw Steve Austin hyped on the commericals.

I thought Miami Vice was better. Magnum P.I. too. I'm more old school I suppose.

:)

Yeah, Nash Bridges. I couldn't remember the name of the show.

Nor did I realize it was on the air that long.

Was it actually popular?

Nash Bridges was a mid-level show for CBS that pulled in decent ratings and received positive press in the media. It was never heavily promoted by CBS but was a strong show for them that brought in the bulk of their male viewership during the late 90s/early 00s....

You know what would make this news even sweeter?

Chris Jericho landing a high profile movie role.

Of course, that would only mean HHH sodomizing him in the middle of the ring upon his return...

If Jericho got a high profile movie role he could sodomize HHH in the middle of the ring, instead of vice versa. Jericho in movies makes Vince money, making Vince money means you rule the company.

Guest Choken One

You know HHH is scripting the ultimate sodomy act against Rock...

What else reason would there be that Nathan Jones and A-Train are still employed

Anyone find it funny that a 'bad actor' like RVD can land god knows how many movie roles, but Triple H can't? I don't know why, but I find that funny.

Not really, RVD has martial arts knowledge and is actually able to move, so no big surprise.

Guest Choken One
Nor is "That 70's Show."

I always thought HHH's protrayal as the Discpliarian was what Travis Bickle was for De Niro.

Guest Choken One

You'd be surprised how often Hollywood needs a 7 foot blonde...

You can find a 6'5 roided freak at any local gym

Guest Choken One

You'd be surprised how often Hollywood needs a 7 foot blonde...

You can find a 6'5 roided freak at any local gym

Guest Coffey

Triple H would make a good "Thor" if they ever do some type of Marvel Thor show. His hair would have to be...more blonde though.

Nor is "That 70's Show."

I always thought HHH's protrayal as the Discpliarian was what Travis Bickle was for De Niro.

Actually, that was the Drew Carey Show. Right?

Guest MrHell

It all has to do with image, really. Austin has the "redneck/everyman ass-stomper" thing going, which really isn't that common. Rock is a completely unique entity who just oozes charisma, so it's no surprise that he's in demand.

Trips is just another tanned, muscular guy who tries to play the badass; guys like him are a dime a dozen these days in Hollywood.

Triple H would make a good "Thor" if they ever do some type of Marvel Thor show. His hair would have to be...more blonde though.

And he's even used to swinging a hammer around, too.

Perhaps my hhhatred is blinding me, but I just don't think HHH has the personality to do much with a movie career.

Guest wwF1587

BAHAHAHAHA ::realises this means HHH will be wrestling (when his groin isnt actin up) instead:: ........

DAMN YOU HOLLYWOOD! Have you NO sight for real TALENT?

I liked Nash Bridges, thought it was a cool cop show.

Anyway, if HHH was to get a role, it would have to be in a comedy.