TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MrRant

Your camera's are under our control

It appears that WWE's media ban, which started as mainly a way to shutout internet websites from covering WWE, has spread to mainstream media outlets as well. WWE has been very demanding when approached by mainstream media outlets, going as far as to demand complete control over all photos that the outlet takes among other things. This has apparently led to the media in general covering WWE even less than they already have been in recent years.

Credit: 1wrestling.com

--------------------------------------

I thought all publicity was good publicity? If the WWE even gets bad pub people will tune to the channel to see what it is all about. At least that was what happened with the rise of Attitude.

Guest wrestlingbs

It was just a year ago that the WWE was BEGGING media coverage with the Billy and Chuck wedding and Kane screwing a corpse. In fact, I think I read somewhere that that was the only reason for those abbominations. Vince wants it both ways. He wants mainstream media to cover his company, but he doesn't want anybody to cover the bad things (ie, drug abuse, slipping profits, horrible angles). Remember, Vince had little problems with the internet community until we started to criticise his work in late 2000, early 2001.

This media ban makes no sense. So if they have someone like Tyson again, are they just asking the media NOT to cover it?

I swear that when Jericho says "Monkeys, roll the footage."...he isn't lying.

Yes, at arenas now (that I went to anyway for SS, RAW, and SD), you weren't allowed to bring in ANY KIND of cameras inside (even Kodak disposables) or else they would be confiscated by the arena rent-a-cops. So you could NOT bring any cameras inside YET you COULD purchase $15 ghetto Fuji cameras also inside... :angry:

Those fuckers, I snuck my camera in anyway.

You can't even bring your OWN personal camera in? I swear they are begging people NOT to go to the shows....that's not even counting the product at hand.

Edit: I don't get why you can't even bring a camera in. The sight of camera bulbs flashing during big spots is classic and does help add effect to a match...stupid, stupid, stupid.