TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Trivia247

Trouble with Lesnar & Brock's Match

Guest Trivia247

Many WWE officials have been expressing that the company made a mistake by not advertising the Brock Lesnar vs. Kurt Angle match at Summer Slam as a submission bout. The plan all along was for Brock to tap out, most feel the company could've created more interest in the match by advertising such a stipulation.

Speaking of Summer Slam, despite the PPV featuring wrestlers from both the RAW and Smackdown brands, the show was technically not a joint production of both crews.

Although Vince McMahon had the final say in what went down and the Smackdown writers chose which wrestlers from their brand would compete at the event, the RAW staff booked the entire PPV. Apparently, the reason for this is because Vince McMahon and several other officials feel that RAW is the more entertaining show.

(Thanks to The Pro Wrestling Torch Newsletter)

Guest Anglesault

There's more problems with doing Lesnar vs. Brock than just that. :P

Bearhug. All they would have had to do was build it up again.

Oh Holy Hell no.

Guest The Rising Star

There's something wrong with the topic title. Are you concentrating, Trivia247?

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

That's body vice!

let's focus on what really is important here. Vince still thinks Raw is better than Smackdown. Even with Kane now playing some bizzare permutation of Freddy and The Lawnmower Man.

Guest Trivia247
There's something wrong with the topic title. Are you concentrating, Trivia247?

sorry not my best quality topic... talkin to lady friend while typing... mind wanders lol

Guest The Rising Star

Looks like the good ol' roids have been doing serious damage to Vincent's brain!

Guest Anglesault
And I thought the Hogan Killer was actually credible.

I can't sit through another match with the Borehug. I just can't.

::Has flashbacks to Cena/Lesnar I::

Why, damnit, why?

::runs off crying::

Guest The Rising Star

Actually, I find the Bear Hug to be a good wrestling move. Some guys, such as Bruiser Brody, had a great Bear Hug. A move is good if applied correctly (Crossface is the best).

Actually, I find the Bear Hug to be a good wrestling move. Some guys, such as Bruiser Brody, had a great Bear Hug. A move is good if applied correctly (Crossface is the best).

Plus the fact that Lesnar's version was more of a side bearhug...where he drove his shoulder into Hogan's side when he did the move...making it look more painful.

Guest Coffey
A move is good if applied correctly (Crossface is the best).

I have to disagree there. I think the Crossface sucks.

Any particular reason?

Personally, my favorite submission/hold is the orginal LionTamer that Jericho did in WCW and early WWF.

Brock was beating himself

:lol:

I swear to God I didn't mean it that way.

Brock F-5ed his Next Big Thing. *I*

And of course Vince likes Raw more: more McMahons, more skits, less wrestling, more "superstars" who are gimmick-based.

SD has less skits, more wrestling, and wrestlers defined by their wrestling. It has more Vince, but Raw has more McMahons.

I think the Crossface is a great move--psychology can easily be used to set it up while not resulting in tons of boring rest holds.

If Al Snow could have a match against Head or Taker vs Taker why can't Lesnar vs Brock happen?

WWE could always find a bum from OVW to be a cousin or brother of Brock Lesnar.

As for a possible submission for Brock, why not use the Rings of Saturn armbar move? Halloween does a F-5 and the armbar finish in Mexico.

Guest Coffey

Any particular reason?

Well, I can't get past the fact that it just looks like a generic Camel Clutch. Basically, the move just pulls on the chin upwards. If the arm wasn't locked so sloppily everytime, I might feel differently.

With the Camel Clutch, you're sitting behind them completely with your weight all the way on their back instead of half your weight on the mat. So, it seems like it would be more effective.

Of course, you can't reverse into a Camel Clutch like you could reverse into a Crossface.

you could've said the same for austin at wm13.

Except Austin has been successful in the past with submission moves. He's used a Texas Cloverleaf, Cobra Clutch & a toehold submission successfully. I can't remember what he called the toehold though...he used it when he was "Stunning" Steve Austin. Hell, Austin even have a decent Sharpshooter.

Besides, Shamrock was the special ref and I thought a screwjob was coming...

EDIT: "Hollywood Envine" the Inside Toehold

Edited by Mr. Jag0

Guest Choken One

Austin finisher was for a good time a submission hold and the fans knew that...The difference between a SUBMISSION match and a I QUIT match is that a I Quit isn't required to end via a Submission, while in a "Submission" match, that's the name of the game...

The real sell was that Austin was the toughest sob and never quits...So the sell was How can Bret beat the guy who will never say I quit...

Not "What will the submission hold Austin uses be? "

Apparently, the reason for this is because Vince McMahon and several other officials feel that RAW is the more entertaining show.

They've gotta be making this up. Vince can't be that stupid...can he?

Guest Coffey

Everytime I read something like that on-line, I always think to myself "Yeah right, they are just saying that to piss off the IWC some more."

It's funny that all the news that comes out is always talking about whatever is popular at the time. Right now it's Goldberg & Triple H bashing and calling Vince & the WWE stupid.