TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kahran Ramsus

TOAO NFL Season Opener Thread

At least after today, unless they completely fall arart, I am confident that the Eagles will be getting a top 2 seed. Winner tomorrow gets the 1 seed, loser gets the 2

The Giants played like junk, they lucked out by facing Warner.

The Packers are out, Minnesota doesn't concern me, and who else is there?

So...I'd have to put Panthers/Jags at game of the day.  The first 20 minutes or so were awful and boring as hell, but the rest was great.

*respectfully points at the Texans pulling the UPSET OF THE YEAR (although it's only week one)*

A second year team beating a contender for AFC championship on the road gets my vote. Besides, I'm allowed to be a homer.

Remaining seconds 4th down TD pass > remaining seconds FG

Of course if I could have watched any game today, I would have liked to see the Lions/Cards game. That one looked the most entertaining.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

getting all excited for a game that had 250 penalty yards make me a sad panda. The bears game was better.

Truth, first and foremost: Congratulations on a big win yesterday. Last year proved that the East is going to be a pretty tight race until one of these teams either really falls apart or really makes a major step forward.

But ... there's no way that the Bills are as strong as they looked yesterday, and no way that the Pats are as horrible. Some of the penalties were questionable, and were major momentum shifters. The Bills still played the MUCH better game, but it could have been closer than the score indicated.

I still think by the end of the year, all 4 teams in the East will be within a game or three, and the Jets will be in last.

I wouldn't worry about New England anyway.

After watching their offense yesterday I think they might finish 3rd in the division.

If you take away the Brady dump pass...they are DONE.

He can't throw long and accurate.

Riiiight...

You will eat those words friend.

You think miami will go nowhere because they lost to HOUSTON at home?(embarrassinb)

You think the loser of tonight's game will not go0 anywhere?

You think the Raiders...wait neverming they definitely aren't goin anywhere.

Anyways my point is, one game does not a season make. Last year the Pats made the Steelers and Jets look SILLY in week 1 and 2...then won a shootout with KC. Steelers and Jets both ended up in the playoffs. Pats didn't. in fact the Steelers looked worse than the Pats did yesterday in game 1 last year in Foxboro.

Keep talking guys.

Your words prior to this game were still stinging while I watched a team with no heart get dismantled.

Answer this honestly...

when you can't use the dump pass...and the run only works when your down by 3 scores and the defense is defending the pass...

how are you going to score?

...and once the team gets over the Milloy thing and stops whining about him getting cut, since he deserved it, they will be fine.

Buffalo just had EVERYTHING in their favor yesterday. Home field, Season opener, Milloy thing, etc.

They were destined to win that game anyways, the Pats just made it look worse by not trying. Yet it's only ONE GAME!!!

When the Pats lose to the Jets at home in week 3, then you guys can start talking about how shitty they are. Un til that happens, if it does, ya can;t say anything about the rest of their season.

Maybe it's because I'm not from Boston and don'thave decades of Red Sox and Bruins history to draw from...

but does EVERY New England based fan answer everything with excuses?

Person: Hey, New England fan, what's your real name

NE fan: The sun was in my momma's eyes so I was destined to not have one.

The first time they met in Bledsoe Bowl 1...

The Bills had homefield, a 3 game winning streak, Bledsoe looking for revenge and the Pats on a 3 game slide...

And they got whooped because they absolutely got outplayed and outcoached by Belicheck and the Pats.

They had a ton in their favor that day too...

and the fact that Buffalo hardly ever wins season openers (worst record in the AFC baby!!! We're #1) kind of negates that one.

The Pats lost because Takeo Spikes took away the dump pass...which I might add is exactly what I said the way to beat the onedimensional PAts O was.

Guest Eagan469

jfk.gif

The..ah..Patriots were not on their game yesterday. I give the Bills credit for catching us on an..ah..off-day.

Miami's loss was far more devastating than New England's. New England basically had no chance with the leader of their team joining their opponent the week of the season opener. Now that this is out of the way, it shouldn't be as much of a concern from them. Miami isn't going to win in December, so they have to win now, and they lose at home to arguably the worst team in the AFC. New England might pull out second in the division, and still have a shot at winning the division. New England is in tough next week, things are much easier for the rest of the season. Week 3 they are at home to the Jets, who are clearly worse than the Pats.

The Fish are at home to Buffalo in Week 3. If Miami loses that game, they will likely miss the playoffs.

It's week 1, can't possibly base the rest of the season on the first game.

ESPECIALLY in the NFL (*looks at NE's gangbuster start and the Jets' shitty start last year*)

I wish people would get that through their heads. If it actually did, Joey Harrington and Tommy Maddox would be the AFC and NFC MVPs.