TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Styles

In the mood for a comedy tonight?

So far, a few of the questions have been a tiny bit silly or assuming, but everyone is reacting to it well.

I'm interested in seeing how all of Dean's domestic stuff changes. He got his balls busted by Lieberman and some others for lines like "If we can have this (health care) in Vermont, then why not in all of America" so he'll be saying something different now I imagine.

Also, Lieberman's "ball busting" was quite feeble, in retrospect.

It certainly wasn't very effective. Dean's response was basically "Hey, I imagine Mexico is willing to make these sacrifices" and the room popped quite loudly.

Fox is like the damn War Channel. No domestic questions YET.

Guest MikeSC
People need to drop out of this race, because these debates are a huge joke at the current time.

Well, people will drop out around the time of the Iowa caucuses and the like. Unfortunately, with primaries so completely front-loaded as they are, inept candidates have an outside shot of maintaining enough "heat" to screw over the best possible candidate.

Lieberman has lost all credibility with his run as Gore's veep in 2000.

-=Mike

Jesus, do they even scan their audience? What was THAT woman yelling at Lieberman? Reverand Al's gonna lay the smackdown if the people don't recognize, ya feel?

People need to drop out of this race, because these debates are a huge joke at the current time.

Well, people will drop out around the time of the Iowa caucuses and the like. Unfortunately, with primaries so completely front-loaded as they are, inept candidates have an outside shot of maintaining enough "heat" to screw over the best possible candidate.

Lieberman has lost all credibility with his run as Gore's veep in 2000.

-=Mike

You're totally right, and it takes time away from the legitimate candidates who have a shot at winning this candidacy.

Kerry and Dean hate each other about as much, but Kerry has shown restraint pretty well.

With all the hate, they should really settle this in a TLC match. You can put the nomination on a card above the ring for them to reach for.

*Imagines Teddy Long run-in to secure Sharpton's Candidacy.

Guest MikeSC
Al Sharpton is probably the best speaker out of these guys.

Sharpton can talk quite well.

He's still an idiot and if he wanted to cause the front-runners a lot of problems as they can't really afford to attack him or the more idiotic Mosely-Braun.

-=Mike

Well, Dean is all Stone Cold 97, all anti-authority cool, so the crowd pops for that. Lieberman is the traditional babyface from the old guard, Bret Hart if you will. You can smell the double turn...

Al Sharpton is probably the best speaker out of these guys.

Sharpton can talk quite well.

He's still an idiot and if he wanted to cause the front-runners a lot of problems as they can't really afford to attack him or the more idiotic Mosely-Braun.

-=Mike

Oh, I agree, he's extremely good with this sort of stuff. Sharpton shot a barb at Dean for having a white-bread candidacy (which, to a certain extent, was true), but he was actually hit by huge backlash after that remark.

Mosely-Braun is actually a very nice woman that comes off very articulate (I actually had the chance to meet her after the NOW debate in Washington, DC). I don't think she'd make a wonderful president considering her feminist standings, but she's a pretty good speaker as well.