TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
shlidgn90

the new south rappers

has anyone noticed groups like field mob, lil jon and the eastside boys and david banner are dressed up as minstrels. a couple of months ago, field mob had an video where they were walking around dressed up as modern day amos and andy. david banners video (like a pimp) has scenes where he's actually a slave being chased by people in kkk uniforms.

has anyone noticed groups like field mob, lil jon and the eastside boys and david banner are dressed up as minstrels. a couple of months ago, field mob had an video where they were walking around dressed up as modern day amos and andy. david banners video (like a pimp) has scenes where he's actually a slave being chased by people in kkk uniforms.

Mocking insults is the best way to get over them.

Mocking insults is the best way to get over them.

well if you say so. maybe dressing up like slaves and using blackface will become hip like the n-word.

yeah I know what your talking about man, their videos were minstrels. David Banner video had no direction whats so ever, first he's doing a outdoor concert in one scene and then getting chain up and getting chase by the kkk im like wtf? Lil Jon "I dont give a fuck" video were he pulled down a chicks top was kinda bogus, but hey it was kind funny Webster was trying to get Crunk.

but hey it was kind funny Webster was trying to get Crunk.

wtf is 'crunk'? Isn't that the big purple Hulk rip-off in Dexter's Lab?

Apperently it is getting drunk and yelling the lyrics to a song in the club, Lil Jon is the public authority of all things Crunk :cheers: And don't forget your pimp goblet and magic stick playa.

Doesn't surprise me. I haven't liked Lil' Jon and them since they were all standing around in the Confederate Flag a few years back in the "Bia Bia" video. Then again, I don't like 90% of the dirty south rappers, so...

but hey it was kind funny Webster was trying to get Crunk.

wtf is 'crunk'? Isn't that the big purple Hulk rip-off in Dexter's Lab?

Crunk is more like a party term they say in the south, like getting a party started you get it "crunk." Crunk music is starting to create its own niche, where it might become a sub genre of rap. Every club I go to they play Lil Jon or Ying Yang Twins, they suck lyrically but they give off energy at a party with the call and response method. That Youngbloodz "Damn" is probably the hottest crunk song out now.

Guest HungryJack

IF YOU DON"T GIVE A DAMN WE DON'T GIVE A FUCK!

Hot damn that song kicks all sorts of ass.

The best Lil Jon/Eastside Boyz track in my mind is "Throw It Up" f. Pastor Troy. Wicked track.

Lil Jon is nothing more than a rapper who is their to pump up the crowd. He does it better than no one else in rap right now. He gets the the party going with tracks like "Get Low". He might not been the first I heard with crunk in the song but he is the king of "crunk" music. Any song that has that in has him make the beat and produces it.

Lil John and teh East Side Boyz have 1 song. They have redone this 1 song 50 times now and it gets play in the club EVERYTIME. with lyrics like:

GET CRUNK....GET CRUNK...GET CRUNK MUTHA FUCKA GET CRUNK!!!!

I don't like anything that is just people screaming short phrases alot so I will never be a fan of his.

And I am starting a movement. I say if you see ANYONE with large metallic jewel incrusted cups, you beat the ever loving shit out of them until this phase goes away.

"I like Dem Girls" is a funny video by Lil Jon. What is more entertaining than Lil Jon expressing his love for the ladies of all sizes.

Lil Jon and Eastside boys

Ying Yang Twins

Three 6 Mafia

Project Pat

Youngbloodz

Are the keepers of the crunk. The 1st rapper that I heard used the phrase was Three 6 Mafia in the song "Tear the club up" and that was years ago like 1998 then all of a sudden Lil Jon started getting heavy play on BET and started doing talk shows like Tom Green explaining what CRUNK is.