TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Slickster

This Tuesday in Texas question

So I'm watching Hogan-Taker from TTiT and I'm wondering: before SSeries six days earlier, had there been ANY mention of the TTiT PPV? Or did they just start hyping it at SurSer?

IIRC TTiT was a test ppv, to see how well non-big shows could draw. I believe they promoted it before SS. But I could be wrong, its been a while since I watched that stuff.

I think this was a test run of a TNA-style weekly or bi-weekly PPV series. After the Taker-Hogan controversy at SurSer, I think Jack Tunney annouced the rematch and TTiT on WWF TV the weekend after.

After the Taker-Hogan controversy at SurSer, I think Jack Tunney annouced the rematch and TTiT on WWF TV the weekend after.

The rematch was announced that same night, since Hogan/Taker was the "halfway main event".

This Tuesday in Texas was promoted only days before Survivor Series took place (being the Thursday previous). The only confirmed match for TTiT going into the Survivor Series PPV was the Savage/Roberts match. Since Savage was "retired" at this point in time, President Jack Tunney reinstated him into the WWF at Survivor Series.

Guest Askewniverse

Bret Hart beat Skinner by submission.

Randy Savage pinned Jake Roberts.

The British Bulldog pinned The Warlord.

Ted DiBiase & Repo Man beat Virgil & Tito Santana.

Hulk Hogan pinned The Undertaker to regain the WWF title.

Was it really promoted beforehand? I knew that the wrestlers were hyping their matches in the pre-SurSer interviews, but as I recall, they didn't "confirm pay-per-view coverage" until after the Hogan/Taker drama.

Guest Choken One

I remember loving the Hart/Skinner match for some reason...

Can't remember the Savage/Roberts match but it wasn't was CLASSIC as the SNME match a few weeks later...

Guest The Real Nosferatu

I think it was $19.95

Even IYH was $15 at first, so no way would Vince charge only $10 for a 2 hr. PPV.

This Tuesday in Texas was like a really big house show, until the mess with Hogan and Undertaker and Jack Tunney booked that matc for TTiT and confirmed ppv coverage. It was also a test to do a weekly ppv like TNA does now, but it did really low buy rates coming right on the heels of SS.

Guest Graeme Wilkinson

Tuesday in Texas was announced as an event before Survivor Series - it was supposed (in the storyline) to be non-televised. During the Survivor Series PPV, because everybody wanted to see Roberts-Savage, Gorilla Monsoon announced that they were working on getting television coverage of some sort for the event. Later in the PPV Monsoon announced that the negotiations were complete and he could reveal that it would be on PPV. Then, of course, later still after the UT-Hogan match the rematch was added to Tueday in Texas.

So basically the event had been announced before Survivor Series so at least the public had some awareness of it and then at Survivor Series they made it into an impromtu PPV (according to the storyline, that is).

Edited by Graeme Wilkinson